SASS Wire Forum

We are in need of more Team SASS State Directors

Charlie T Waite

The role of the Team SASS State Director is to lead the effort within their state, contact and stay in touch with representatives of as many clubs as possible and enlist those who have the enthusiasm and dedication to provide motivation and coordination to local clubs or their representatives to actively contact local politicians and push our single agenda of supporting the Second Amendment. They would be the official SASS representative between their state and Team SASS HQs.

If you or someone you know is serious about fighting for America's freedom to keep and bear arms and who may be interested in being a Team SASS State Director, please reply to this posting with your alias, SASS# and email address. If you prefer not to place that information on our open forum, please email me at: charlietwaite@gmail.com.  Currently have directors in Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin.  We need your help in filling positions in the remaining states.  It will not take up all of your time.  You will find that the other TSSDs and I will be supportive of your efforts and will provide you guidance if you ask.

I appreciate your consideration and look forward to hearing from many of you.

Charlie T Waite

Deacon Will 24170 Life TG Delaware, NJ
NRA Endowment, Delaware State Sportsman's Association (DSSA) Membership Chair, BOD NRA State association

SASS,IDPA,  Delaware Concealed Coalition.

dabll@Comcast.net

Very active in State and National firearms legislation, 2nd Amendment and Hunting conservation... Delmarva Sportsman's Assoc., Bridgeville Rifle Pistol Assoc.

16 hours ago, Deacon Will said:

Deacon Will 24170 Life TG Delaware, NJ
NRA Endowment, Delaware State Sportsman's Association (DSSA) Membership Chair, BOD NRA State association

SASS,IDPA,  Delaware Concealed Coalition.

dabll@Comcast.net

Very active in State and National firearms legislation, 2nd Amendment and Hunting conservation... Delmarva Sportsman's Assoc., Bridgeville Rifle Pistol Assoc.

Thank you Deacon Will, I sent you an email.

Charlie

We have a new TSSD in Delaware.  Welcome aboard Deacon Will 24170 - dabll@Comcast.net.  He is very active in the state and has stepped up to assume the role of the Team SASS Stae Director there.  Please reach out and welcome him to the team.

Charlie

Deacon Will aka William D. Bell

Team SASS

P.O. Box 94

Lincoln, Delaware 19960

dabll@Comcast.net

If you live in Delaware and are interested in being active in maintaining our Second Amendment rights, Please feel free to contact me.  Questions on local legislation or national concerns... I will try to help...or get you to the proper place to find answers.  We have a strong coalition of Firearm owners and the ear of several pro-2nd Amendment legislators.  We are part of and initiated a Law Suit  to protect Firearm Owners when traveling and visiting Delaware.  Every voice counts and yours will as well.  When I speak to a legislator... I will be speaking with the SASS Membership behind me. 

Thanks... Deacon Will  Paden's Posse, Easdern Shore Regulators.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again for your help Deacon Will.

We have added California and Delaware to our ranks.  Although we still have a lot of the country yet to cover in our fight for America's freedom to keep and bear arms.  I want to thank all of you (both past and present) who have stepped up to fill these important positions and for the efforts you continue to put forth.  Even when it seems the hardest we are still gaining ground and pushing our elected officials to keep and in some cases restore our rights.  Keep up the great work and if you know someone who is like minded and willing, enlist their help.

Charlie

We have a new TSSD in New Jersey.  Welcome aboard John Boy 47228 jrcorney@optimum.net.  He is very active in the state and has stepped up to assume the role of the Team SASS Stae Director there.  Please reach out and welcome him to the team.

Charlie

We have a new TSSD in Nevada.  Welcome aboard Ace of Hearts 77697L rmetz@libertyalarms.com.  He is very active in the state and has stepped up to assume the role of the Team SASS Stae Director there.  Please reach out and welcome him to the team.

Charlie

Another Patriot has stepped up.  We have a new TSSD in Missouri.  Welcome aboard Dr. O. R. Vet 104414 floridatuner@yahoo.com.  He is very active in the state and has stepped up to assume the role of the Team SASS Stae Director there.  Please reach out and welcome him to the team.

Everything is fine with our team other than we still have about 31 states that no-one has stepped up for.  I know that there are Patriots in them, just waiting for them to speak up because we need their support in their states as well. I am willing to bet that they are already doing a majority of what is needed to be a TSSD but are afraid to step into the position.

13 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Everything is fine with our team other than we still have about 31 states that no-one has stepped up for.  I know that there are Patriots in them, just waiting for them to speak up because we need their support in their states as well. I am willing to bet that they are already doing a majority of what is needed to be a TSSD but are afraid to step into the position.

I hate to say it, but that you are having to go begging like this shows where a big part of the problem lies - apathetic gun owners.

Yes, I was hesitant to take it on, and there are two reasons.

1.) I'm not a SASS member.  At this point, likely never will be.  But I enjoy history and firearms, so I fit in with the crazies here.  

2.) I'm still not completely convinced that I can do the job justice.  I had told the Col. and then I told Mr. Waite that some of what I think the job requires - meeting with members of the CA State Legislature, possibly trying to give opinions at hearings on the various bills attacking our civil rights, takes more time and capital than I have to invest.  I'm happy to pass on information as you have all seen over the last few years, and try to encourage others to get off their butts and become politically active - even if it is just writing letters to the editor and commenting online in their local newspapers.

Mr. Waite managed to convince me that I can do the job and that, maybe, driving to Sacramento for face to face chats, or facing a committee of the enemy is not a necessity.  But, I digress.

ALL gun owners need to become politically active re our 2nd Amendment civil rights - not "gun rights," don't fall into that trap of using the language that the antis use.  The 2nd protects civil rights no less than any other amendment in the Bill of Rights.  At the very least write letters, make phone calls, post on the capon's Facebook or Twitter pages.  Let them know we are watching and holding them to account.

Here in California we have a huge task - I keep using the phrase 'Sisyphean task" to describe trying to fight the good fight here, but if we all put our shoulders or hands on that durned boulder, and all of us push together we WILL get it over the top of this danged mountain and send it crashing down the other side.

Very well said Joe

I'm not sure that other States have a 2nd Amendment organization but New Jersey has such.  It is membership based, I've been a member since day one, and NJ2AS has done a superlative job  supporting our Rights, at the Municipal - State and Federal levels.    Charlie, you may want to send in a membership to NJ2AS and also bookmark NJ2AS on your computer

http://www.nj2as.org/about

http://www.nj2as.org/news

http://www.nj2as.org/join_or_renew

https://nj2as.nationbuilder.com/login

An example supporting at the Municipal level: NJ has a state law that municipal police departments SHALL issue firearms permits within 30 days upon submission of proper forms.  NJ has 567 municipalities with an inordinate number issuing permits way past the 30 day period.  NJ2AS surveyed gun owners on another forum municipalities and length of time for issuance of permits. Then NJ2AS wrote legal letters to muni violators and even when to several with a hidden camera, then presented the legal letters and videos to the NJ Attorney General. Yes ... the violators have gotten their act together issuing permits in a timely manner

Our problem in NJ is the State Legislatures are controlled by Democratic anti 2nd Amendment elected individuals.  The Republican voters cannot overcome the number of Democratic voters ... and we are having an impending Governor's election with a Democrat candidate that is anti gun also who will not veto legislation that Republican Governor Christie has done.  In addition, all of our Senators to Congress are Democrats who are anti gun also.  Needless to say, we can only depend on the NJ2AS at the State level and NRA at the Federal level

Educating current gun owners and the general public does help; especially when they see common comparrison.  

• 3 weeks later...

Another Patriot has stepped up.  We have a new TSSD in  Michigan to be and additional state director alongside Gunner Gatlin.  Welcome aboard Rooster Ron Wayne 86029 rugerron67@yahoo.com.  He is very active in the state and has stepped up to assume the role of the Team SASS Stae Director there.  Please reach out and welcome him to the team.

Charlie

Rooster Ron Wayne 86029 

Im willing to help in any way I can .

rugerron67@Yahoo.com

Ron Carpenter 

http://house.michigan.gov

• 2 months later...

Another Patriot has stepped up.  We have a new TSSD in  Alabama.  Welcome aboard Marshall Hangtree hosey.ken@gmail.com.  He is very active in the state and has stepped up to assume the role of the Team SASS State Director there.  Please reach out and welcome him to the team.

Charlie

Archived