SASS Wire Forum

SOLD

LQ Jones

First run production (marked J Stevens Arms & Tool Co) Stevens Model 235 12g side by side. External hammers, 30" fluid steel barrels. Great condition, except buttstock has owner's name(?) & vintage Pachmayr pad. One of the few production hammer guns that is safe with modern ammunition.

350.00 shipped to your FFL.

Thanks for looking.

LQ

IMG_20170822_190253744.jpg

IMG_20170822_190305420.jpg

IMG_20170822_190344233.jpg

IMG_20170822_190422395.jpg

IMG_20170822_190334675.jpg

IMG_20170822_190315509.jpg

Hi LQ

Seems to me that being damascus barrels (considering that they are damascus) and due to the age BP only this could be purchased without going thru an FFL. I could be wrong but I'd check if I were you it could really help your sale.

Longcolt

LQ Jones,

I hid your post regarding your response to someone trying to help you out. I also hid another post from another Pard who was pointing out the same reason I hid your post. Please be a bit more thoughtful with your responses. Thank you.

Regards,

Pat Riot 

11 hours ago, longcolt 14205L said:

Hi LQ

Seems to me that being damascus barrels (considering that they are damascus) and due to the age BP only this could be purchased without going thru an FFL. I could be wrong but I'd check if I were you it could really help your sale.

Longcolt

Once again, NOT Damascus and NOT pre-1898. This gun was made between 1909 and 1916 with fluid steel barrels. FFL required.

"pre-1898" seems familiar and that probably used to be the rule of thumb.  However, now, as far as the feds are concerned, any long gun 100 years or older is no longer considered a firearm and is classified as a relic.  No FFL required.

JJ

19 minutes ago, Jesse Judd said:

"pre-1898" seems familiar and that probably used to be the rule of thumb.  However, now, as far as the feds are concerned, any long gun 100 years or older is no longer considered a firearm and is classified as a relic.  No FFL required.

JJ

You are incorrect. FFL required.  

On 9/1/2017 at 5:01 AM, Jesse Judd said:

JJ

I can't find this on BATFE's Website - can you cite a source? 1898 or earlier is considered an antique, and can be sent from a non-licensee to a non-licensee. Any firearm 50+ years old is considered curio/relic, but must still be sent at least to a C&R FFL holder.

12 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I can't find this on BATFE's Website - can you cite a source? 1898 or earlier is considered an antique, and can be sent from a non-licensee to a non-licensee. Any firearm 50+ years old is considered curio/relic, but must still be sent at least to a C&R FFL holder.

That's been in place since GCA 1968. The Stevens is C&R eligible due to its age but is still considered a firearm. Pre-1898 is considered an antique.

5 hours ago, Wolfgang, SASS #53480 said:

Nice gun . . . nice price . . . . 

. . . but i hav 5 SxSs alread . . . .  :huh:

<--- 24 SxS's, 23 of them main-match legal (One is a 28g), so your path is clear - BUY IT! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Howdy, I'm interested in your hammer sxs. What is the condition of the bores & is the lockup tight? If all is good I'll take it at $350 shipped. I will have to contact my FFL if we can make a deal.

Thanks, Keystone

Archived