SASS Wire Forum

New stock for crescent double barrel

grey ghost

I shot sass for over 15 years, had to give it up after a stroke. It just isn't enjoyable with my limitations. 

I enjoyed the 1st decade of that 15 years with my late father. It is some of the best memories of my life shooting with him. 

My son now wants to start sass, I no longer have my guns and my dad's guns went to his other grandson except for 1. I would dearly love to get it back into shape for my son to at least use once in awhile for a match. 

It is a crescent double barrel shotgun in 12 gauge that is hammerless. It really is a grand old double, he doesn't want to beat it up but maybe shoot a match or 2 a year with it. 

It has a badly broken stock. It is beyond repair because of rot. Please I appreciate the help but don't suggest repair. It is missing far too much wood, I have had it looked at by 2 stock restoration pros. 

Tried auction sites but most are in bad shape. I really want a new stock. 

Boyds used to offer a 90 percent finished stock but not anymore. It was only around 100 bucks and that is reasonable. The only place I can find now is an ebay sEller wantin 300 bucks. 

Thought maybe someone on here had a line on a maker who is more reasonable.  I'm fine with partially finished as long a it is inletted. I don'thave the skill to start with a true blank. 

Thanks for any help

PM Ace Of Hearts. He builds new stocks. I'll bet he can help you. If he needs a stock to use to make your new one I can send him one off of one of my Crescent SG's.

Butt Stocks are $150.00.

Fore stocks are $75.00

All stocks are 90% inletted, using your stock as a pattern. (I have some pattern stocks, but a storm last year ruined a great amount of them)

All stocks are made from Standard Grade Carlo Walnut that have been kiln dried and the aged here in Las Vegas for at least 5 years.

Higher grades of Carlo Walnut, Rock Maple, English Walnut, Myrtle are available on request. Prices vary according to grade.

WP_20170727_11_40_49_Pro[1].jpg

WP_20170727_14_05_26_Pro[1].jpg

You can reach me on Facebook under Liberty Woodworks and Crafts.

Or email me at Rmetz2010@yahoo.com

Archived