SASS Wire Forum

WTS M1 Garand CMP correct grade SPF

Trigger Mike

I want to sell a Correct Grade Springfield Garand that I bought from the CMP South Store in Anniston, AL.  I have the certificate confirming it is correct grade.  I have not fired it since I bought it.  Comes with a correct sling and 10 inch bayonet and scabbard that I also bought from the CMP.  It also comes with a WW2 dated cartridge belt in excellent condition.  I can email pictures.  I am having a hard time getting photo bucket to attach.  email is auburn4814@yahoo.com   this is a good package and a excellent condition rifle.  

I want $1,625 shipped.  

20170717_182813.jpg

20170717_182823.jpg

20170717_182830.jpg

20170717_182844.jpg

No need to use photobucket.  Click on the "choose files" link below your post.  You can select files directly from your pc to show in the post. 

-JD

25 minutes ago, Irish-Pat said:

what does "Correct grade" mean.  I still have my DCM  M-1  from 20 years ago and don't remember that term.  Yours sure is pretty.

Hey there Pat.

Thats CMP's grading system.    This is from their web page:

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

CORRECT GRADE: (VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT)

Correct Grade Rifles are similar to the Service Grade (above), but will show less wear and use. Correct Grade rifles will have all correct parts for the date of manufacture with 80% or better overall original metal finish. The stock and handguards will be of walnut and correct for the rifle but will have some dings, dents, scratches and marring of the wood finish. Stocks will have the appropriate original inspector's cartouche. The rifle bore will be very good with no significant defects and with a throat erosion of less than 4 and a muzzle wear of 2 or less. Very good to excellent condition. This grade is rare and is only available occasionally in limited quantities. Because of the scarcity of these rifles, they will only be sold on the CMP auction site at cmpauction.thecmp.org.

4 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I ave more than one bayonet.  

You only mentioned one in the ad.  As long as its the ten inch.  What were you asking? 

If Johnny don't buy the bayonet and if you want to split the package up, I may be interested in the bayonet if its in as good of condition as the gun.

Would you send pics to: bkreinke@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Asa Smith

Tried to send message but you could not receive 

47 minutes ago, Asa Smith said:

If Johnny don't buy the bayonet and if you want to split the package up, I may be interested in the bayonet if its in as good of condition as the gun.

Thanks Asa Smith

Asa,  you're welcome to it.  I was going to pass on it.  Sounds like a nice one though.  

10 hours ago, Asa Smith said:

Thanks Asa Smith

I sent an email with 2 pictures in it but can send some more if you like.  this bayonet is not the bayonet that comes with the package deal so i did not have to break it up.  

BTT before putting her back in her gun sock that i keep her in in the safe.  if there is any part of the package that you don't want i can lower the price accordingly.  she is not a mixmaster service grade she is an all correct as received from the army who got it this way from the factory and she saw little use while in the army based on the condition that she is in.  

Archived