SASS Wire Forum

MORE ON LEAD OUT QUESTIONS

Dirty Doc, SASS #18176

""I've had a Foul Out in the closet for at least the past 15 years.  I just pulled it out and it is a Foul Out III and it only has one wire on it.  My guess would be the red is positive and you want the fouling to go to the rod in the bore.  On mine there is no red wire as the unit attaches directly to the rod and the black wire goes to the outside of the barrel." 

Pettifogger probably answered my question; RED to ROD and BLACK to BARREL. Thanks also to Sedalia Dave bout Outers. They   http://www.outers-guncare.com/general/contact_us.aspx was HOURS of no help at all. I think I still have abt 1/2 gallon each LEAD & COPPER OUT. Someone have a formula? I had thought of trying HOPPES copper out as an electrophoresis medium instead of the Copper Out just for giggles. Ammonium Nitrate solution?

I traded cash for a load of firewood paid for with a grungy barreled 32-20 SRC. The Lead-Out II stripped it whistle slick with a smidgen of rust placque. Is there a RUST-OUT formula for the machine? I stripped a knarley looking '73 wirh a shiney bore YEARS ago and found that the barrel pitts were filled with lead. Redmond's religned that one, but it don't hit to aim no more.  THANKS TO ALL THE PARDS OUT THERE SUPPORTING ME. MY NEUROSURGEON JUST UPPED MY LIFT LIMIT TO twenty pounds from EIGHT. I can now lift my UBER HENRY!!! Won't be long!!! Dirty Doc 18176, a.k.a. Brothel Doc 3362

Archived