SASS Wire Forum

NRA, Where does the money go?

Dantankerous

Seems as if we have a couple different ways to donate to the NRA. You can donate to the NRA or to the NRA ILA. 

It is my understanding that the ILA is where most of the lobbying occurs and they need a lot of funding, especially over the last presidential administration.

I presume money sent to the NRA in terms of annual dues, and regular donations goes into a general fund for this, that or the other thing? What are all those this, thats and other things that the general fund uses the money for as opposed to the ILA? 

Just looking for clarity.

The majority of this money funds NRA initiatives like member newsletters, sporting events, gun safety education and training programs, the legacy of hunting and the shooting sports.

CTW

OLG, didn't you think I knew?...:D

In the last year or so the NRA has (FINALLY!) stepped up to the plate here in CA.  

That has been one of by gripes about the NRA - for years  it seemed to concentrate on the easy victories in states where anti-civil rights legislation had little chance of passing while ignoring what is going on at the front where the major assaults on our rights are happening.  Almost as if the NRA had written of CA as not worth the effort.  I'm thinking that the movers and shakers in the upper echelons of the NRA political team have finally realized that CA is the test bed for a lot of the BS.  

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

In the last year or so the NRA has (FINALLY!) stepped up to the plate here in CA.  

That has been one of by gripes about the NRA - for years  it seemed to concentrate on the easy victories in states where anti-civil rights legislation had little chance of passing while ignoring what is going on at the front where the major assaults on our rights are happening.  Almost as if the NRA had written of CA as not worth the effort.  I'm thinking that the movers and shakers in the upper echelons of the NRA political team have finally realized that CA is the test bed for a lot of the BS.  

I'll bet the majority of that came from the ILA based on past emails I have received.

CTW

24 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

I'll bet the majority of that came from the ILA based on past emails I have received.

CTW

No doubt.  The NRA, I think, has teamed up with California Rifle & Pistol Association.  CRPA seems to take point, with the ILA providing logistics and supporting fire.  

Either way, it's good to see the NRA at last taking action in CA.

Archived