SASS Wire Forum

Two-Handed Shooters...UNTIE

Krazy Kajun

On 8/23/2017 at 2:43 PM, Ramblin Gambler said:

Now look, I had to try hard to come up with something that didn't have a naughty acronym. 

But if I'm being honest, if I coulda thunk up something for Q, i probably woulda posted a suggestion that ancronymed out to  S.Q.U.A.W.

Quaint might work for ya ??

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just remembered that "Thug" is from the religious assassins for the Indian cult of Kali who the Brits had a hell of a time dealing with. Pretty sure was also referred to in one of Moore's Bond films. hmmmm nothing is "safe" to play with anymore? :wacko:

My bad brain cells just recalled it was a silly Indiana Jones movie with the screaming fem fatale and the plucky local kid.

5 hours ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

Yeah, but what about those of us who're only half fast? :D

Uuuhhh... "Half Fast Shootist??" :huh:

Rance ;)

Thinkin ya shouldn't be Thinkin that way :huh: 

All of us "Shootist" shoot as fast as we can..

The 48 second per stage guy enveys the 38 second per stage guy??

and so on.. Just sayin.. ;)

"Two Handed Shooter"  works for me.  I liked Modern in the beginning, but started to take away from the Cowboy Action the more I thought about it.  

On 8/19/2017 at 8:25 PM, Warden Callaway said:

I may be criticized for commenting but it's the truth.  I went and watched my first CAS match and the first thing that struck me odd was the majority shooting with two hands.  I'm thinking,  "What is this? Cowboys never shot with two hands - even in the westerns.".  

I've shot autoloaders and double actions with two handed holds but always shot single actions with my strong hand.  As I learned more about categories,  I was ok, I could shoot duelist.   And I came to the reality that this is a fanticy game. 

A few years ago I started shooting USPSA to help me with my Wild Bunch shooting.  The first day I shot,  one of the experienced shooters told me I would shoot better if I shot two handed.  I told him I was shooting two handed.  He laughed and told me my off hand was barely touching the pistol.  I thought about it a little and realized he was right.  Ever since I have shot my Wild Bunch Traditional. 

If you actually look at how most of us shoot two handed, we are really shooting one handed with our off hand thumbs working the hammer.   That is important if you weren't blessed with big thumbs. :)

10 hours ago, Major B. S. Walker said:

Can I play;)

Do you tie your shoes with one hand?

Not if they have a velcro strap!!!:P

Do you use both hands to drink a beer!!!?????:lol:

12 hours ago, Raincrow said:

There is an absolutely wrong direction one could take this, so I'll ask instead; do you wax your mustache with one or both hands? B)

One hand. Its a small comb. Only need one hand.

Do you scratch your bum with one hand or two?

9 hours ago, Bart Solo said:

A few years ago I started shooting USPSA to help me with my Wild Bunch shooting.  The first day I shot,  one of the experienced shooters told me I would shoot better if I shot two handed.  I told him I was shooting two handed.  He laughed and told me my off hand was barely touching the pistol.  I thought about it a little and realized he was right.  Ever since I have shot my Wild Bunch Traditional. 

If you actually look at how most of us shoot two handed, we are really shooting one handed with our off hand thumbs working the hammer.   That is important if you weren't blessed with big thumbs. :)

When I shot IDPA after CAS for a few years the guys would joke that I "went Cowboy again" because I would instinctively shoot one handed. I am more comfortable with that.

A buddy of mine that shot CAS two-handed was shooting his 1911 at an IDPA match and he caught himself trying to cock his hammer with his off-hand thumb. :lol: It was funny to watch because it was a hard habit to break for him.

15 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Nice choice of words Dorado, I wanted to ask that question but couldn't figure out how to word it without grossing everyone out!! Great job!!:lol:

On 8/23/2017 at 8:50 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Do you use two hands to brush your teeth??:P

Sure you can. One to hold your toothbrush and the other your denture.:P:lol:

11 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Not if they have a velcro strap!!!:P

Do you use both hands to drink a beer!!!?????:lol:

When I've had too many I do.

Do you use one hand to cut a steak?

51 minutes ago, Major B. S. Walker said:

When I've had too many I do.

Do you use one hand to cut a steak?

Do you use both hands on your mouse?:P

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Do you use both hands on your mouse?:P

Do you clean your guns with one hand?

On 8/25/2017 at 9:38 PM, Boomstick Bruce said:

do you ride a motorcycle with one hand? B)

Actually quite often.  Put it on cruise and use 1 hand.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:19 AM, Dorado said:

Well there was this one time working at the fiberglass plant grinding the end of a large pipe and my shirt had become untucked, unbeknownst to me, so yes I have used two hands but it provided no relief! :(

4 hours ago, JohnHenryQuick said:

Dyslexics UNTIE!

Yup....I made that edit 2 days ago just to see how long it would take for folks to notice.  It was UNITED when it first started out.  Since this thread has wandered around like the eye of Hurricane Harvey I thought I'd add a little wobble! :blink:

Kajun

14 hours ago, Raincrow said:

Well there was this one time working at the fiberglass plant grinding the end of a large pipe and my shirt had become untucked, unbeknownst to me, so yes I have used two hands but it provided no relief! :(

OH I HATE FIBERGLASS!!!! Whenever I'm blowing fiberglass insulation I purchase a tyvek full body suit with gloves, goggles, and a respirator. If I can't do that then long sleeve shirts, pants and gloves with all openings duct taped and I wear a thin full face mask with goggles and a respirator.

I found that showering immediately afterwards with COLD water really seems to help.

2 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Yup....I made that edit 2 days ago just to see how long it would take for folks to notice.  It was UNITED when it first started out.  Since this thread has wandered around like the eye of Hurricane Harvey I thought I'd add a little wobble! :blink:

Kajun

There ya go.....I haven't visited this thread in a while.

Archived