SASS Wire Forum

cropdusting planes for police work

Trigger Mike

since there are these protest that turn violent lately, I wondered if the police bought a crop duster and filled it with a non lethal chemical that makes people drowsy and sprayed it over the crowd, or even liquified Ativan as it supposedly calms people down according to the dr my wife sees.  I don't mind peaceful protest as that is lawful free speech but burning cars, chanting death to the police and hitting people needs to stop.

Whatever happened to good ol', old-fashioned tear gas and water cannons...?   :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be possible in a city environment. Too many obstacles endangering both aircraft and citizens. I shudder to think of the negatice publicity that would result from indiscriminate gassing from above. And it would be indiscrimanate believe me.  Fixed wing aircraft are employed by law enforcement for other purposes. But I can't think of a viable use for then in a crowd control situation.

i know it will never happen, if it was used on one group the other group would be happy until it was used on them too.  plus someone in the crowd might already be taking ativan and overdose.  its just a wild thought.  maybe put sprayers dressed as misters that cool off the protesters that actually spue out ativan or something.  or, since the news says rain cuts down on attendance, employ several fire fighting aircraft full of water and dump it.

12 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

... since the news says rain cuts down on attendance, employ several fire fighting aircraft full of water and dump it.

One of my old high school teachers used to say that he loved rain, "'cuz it washed all the deadbeats away."  :rolleyes:

This was in a community known for "civil disobedience."  Riots, in other words.  

I've seen many; never saw one on a rainy day.  

4 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

i know it will never happen, if it was used on one group the other group would be happy until it was used on them too.  plus someone in the crowd might already be taking ativan and overdose.  its just a wild thought.  maybe put sprayers dressed as misters that cool off the protesters that actually spue out ativan or something.  or, since the news says rain cuts down on attendance, employ several fire fighting aircraft full of water and dump it.

You never want to get hit with a load of water from a fire bomber, trust me. I've seen trees break. :D

I will tell you what really works and should have been done many times lately.  I worked downtown Atlanta during freaknik one year.  freaknik was a giant street party for black college students (their version of spring break) only a lot of criminal elements came down as well to take advantage and steal etc.  a riot broke out one night .  we had many streets blocked off to limit the access to the city to just where we wanted them to be.  as the riot got out of hand, the Governor ordered the riot team from the Department of Corrections to solve the problems.  hundreds of officers dressed in black uniforms behind shields stomping their feet shaking the ground, beating their PR-24 night sticks on their shields as they advanced.  people running away in fear.  arrest being made.  The City of Atlanta Police were making a ton of arrest to calm everything down as folks were jumping on cars, getting naked, breaking windows, etc.  We worked all night.  the next morning though Atlanta PD is making an arrest only he is surrounded and looks at us and since our windows were down asked please help. I was with a partner who was driving.  He sped up.  I demanded he pull over and help the officer to no avail.  he was opposed to the people being arrested.  He had done that before on another occasion.  but the rioting ended.  the GA Dept of Corrections knows how to get it done

Archived