SASS Wire Forum

What's in your closet?

Kirk James

How many empty cases did you come home to after EOT?  Between monthly matches, practices and EOT I figured we shot close to 7000 rounds between the three of us that did not get loaded over a three week period.  I have loaded close to 4000 rounds and have 3000 to go.  What’s in your closet?

Skeletons....

I don't have but maybe a thousand cases. I need to load them. Just been feeling lazy about it lately.

There's not a skeleton in my closet, the whole graveyard is in there.

My closet has some evil force that shrinks clothing at the most inopportune times or when the clothing has languished in there too long.

I think it's like a ghost or an entity that in a past life assessed taxes or worked for the government or something..

Dang thing followed me up here from Sacramento, before that it was in North Carolina....Who ya gonna call?

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

me too!!!

Out of all my calibers, .44Mag is probably where I have the fewest unloaded brass. Next would be my Cowboy .45 Colt.

After that, quantities of unloaded brass start to get out of control. Sadly, I don't spend enough time at the reloading bench. I have Rubbermaid tubs of brass that need attention in 5 rifle calibers and 4 other pistol calibers.

I won't live long enough to load all the empty brass I have in the mine magazine.

At least 5000 50BMG

At least 20,000 7.62

At least 15,000 5.56

At least 15,000 9mm

At least 10,000 45ACP

At least 10,000 357

At least 15,000 38 special

And thousands of others in assorted calibers

All this stuff is once fired.  I have thousands of all the listed calibers already loaded so I am in no hurry to reload. Just do it for fun.

I keep 5000 Starline brass on hand. 1,700 are loaded with smokeless and another 1,200 loaded with BP at this time. I loaded 14 boxes of BP shotgun shells earlier this week and I cut the UPC codes off 40 boxes of featherlites last night and mailed to Winchester today for the rebate. Have enough primers for 1-1/2 to 2 years and enough powder for 4.

12 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

If you  can't  get rid  of  the  family  skeleton ,  you may  as well  make  it  dance .  George  Bernard  Shaw.

Happy Jack, you be the man:lol:

To load all that brass, you need an apprentice!

7 hours ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

I won't live long enough to load all the empty brass I have in the mine magazine.

At least 5000 50BMG

At least 20,000 7.62

At least 15,000 5.56

At least 15,000 9mm

At least 10,000 45ACP

At least 10,000 357

All this stuff is once fired.  I have thousands of all the listed calibers already loaded so I am in no hurry to reload. Just do it for fun.

14 hours ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

At least 5000 50BMG

At least 20,000 7.62

At least 15,000 5.56

At least 15,000 9mm

At least 10,000 45ACP

At least 10,000 357

5000 50 BMG?

Huh?

Awesome!

Wow, 5000!

That caught my attention!:D

I'm not sure even Starline has that many in their warehouse!

Capt. and Dan, when I lived back East I was a regular at Nob Creek. Still have some 50's and other stuff. I only load rifles for precision now and pistol stuff for 3gun, USPSA, IDPA, SASS, etc. Lots of brass piled up in 50cal. cans and old freezers. (forgot about the 300WM and 338Lapua 2K+ of those also).

The one closet has roughly fifteen changes of cowboy clothes, five vests, my duster, and six sets of suspenders on hangers. In the floor of that closet are boxes of parts for my Jeep pickup project and a 55 gallon bag of large leather scraps.

In the next closet are 6 motorcycle jackets, a fringed cowboy jacket, three pairs of bib overalls, several pairs of jeans, my heavy winter coveralls, eight long sleeved Harley shirts, seven long sleeved Henly shirts, several shirts that I've kept because they have some special significance, and a couple of neckties that I haven't worn in thirty-five years, all on hangers. On the floor of that closet are five pairs of boots, my old typewriter, more Jeep parts, and several canes and walking sticks. On the overhead shelves of these two closets are model car boxes full of old cars and parts, Christmas and other seasonal decorations, and more Jeep parts. My gun belts, shotgun belts, holsters, my huckleberry rig, several sashes, and some more suspenders all hang on pegs on the outside of one closet door.

This is the result of having to dedicate an entire seperate room to gun parts, safes, reloading supplies, ammunition, carrying cases and bags, reloading equipment, paperback western novels, and a few more parts for the Jeep. 

This does NOT include the shotshell press, a 55 gallon drum of once fired shotgun shells, my big tool box, and more Jeep parts that are sitting in my son's, (Hatfield) basement garage!!

All this for a family that doesn't own a single gun!!

THE SKELETONS WERE RELEGATED TO THE ATTIC MANY YEARS AGO!!!! :lol:

Asking what's in my closet is like asking my weight!  I shall not answer either question! :wub::P:lol:

Archived