SASS Wire Forum

True or False: Saloon detective special

Widder, SASS #59054

My wife has a good female friend that is 'financially stable' to say the least.

And she likes to give things to people.   And some nice things to my wife.

Anyhow, when I venture down to the basement to my workshop, I normally carry my SIG P220, in 10mm.   Hoss of a pistol.  And when I come back up from the basement workshop, I carry it back up with me.   Its a good home companion.

Now, back to my wife and her friend.

One evening, the friend wanted to drop over, pick up my wife and do a little shopping and maybe eat a little supper while out.   Sooooooo, I told my wife that I would just hang out in the basement workshop and clean some guns, etc.....

While in the workshop, the friend drops over and brings my wife a REAL NICE mirror.   A fairly good size mirror.   One you can see over half your body reflected in it.

They lean that mirror up against the couch.

Knowing my wife is still out with her friend, I drift upstairs into a dimly lit house.   And there HE stands......... an intruder.   And he's got something in his hand that startles me as much as he does.   He's every bit as fast as I am.

(REMEMBER the SIG 10mm that is my good companion?)

Anyhow, we both make rattlesnake speed reactions to one another and fire simultaneously.     He misses....... I DON't.     Two 10mm rounds dead center.    He crumbles to the floor like a thousand pieces of glass.

Do any of you know what a nice mirror looks like after being shot TWICE with a 10mm?

..........Widder

You must have a quick finger

Seems like  shot one would shatter the glass, meaning shot two would not hit it, since it were already broke.

To hit the glass with both before it shatters would take a helluva quick double-tap.

You got a LOTS of 'splainin' to do boy!!

:-)

One of the officers I used to work with shot an intruder in her apartment one night. 9mm round went through the big mirror. We could find no sign of forced entry. :huh::lol:

I dont know what part of this story frightens me the most?

Widder, if you would shoot yourself I would be thinking real careful before I become your friend and come round for a visit:D

By the way, how is the couch or the wall behind?

I'm kinda curious about the wife and friend's reaction.   :)

Or wuz ya able to replace it before they got home...?   ^_^

By the way... kinda appropriate title ya gots there.   :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

You must have a quick finger

Seems like  shot one would shatter the glass, meaning shot two would not hit it, since it were already broke.

To hit the glass with both before it shatters would take a helluva quick double-tap.

Two shots, likely less than a half second apart, the glass is hardly moving when the finger is pulling on the trigger for the second shot. If Widder has any training at all, he did not "look to see if another shot is needed" before pulling the trigger a second time.

My question is still what in the blue blazes is hiding in your basement that causes you to take a 10mm down there??!? 

:o:o:o

OOOPS ...

Even the great Skeeter Skelton put a round through a mirror once.

My town marshal did, too, came around the corner of the nighttime schoolhouse corridor, looking for a local thief who'd broken in.

I heard the gunshot, my partner and I prepared to advance -- we were stationed at opposite corners to catch the thief if he ran out -- but the Marshal came out, shaking his head and rubbing his ears.

"Joe!"  I exclaimed.  "We heard a shot --"

"No you didn't."

"Joe, we heard a gunshot --"

"NO YOU DID NOT AND THAT'S AN ORDER!"

We bribed the janitor with a six pack and he told us Joe had indeed shot the hallway mirror, he'd paid the janitor well to patch the damage to the brick behind and hang a new mirror.

You're not alone, pard!

Howdy Widder,

I say good fer you pard.  I would have hated it if that hombre had shot ya.

Keep that 10 handy.

And don't keep it a secret, let it git around.

Less chance of a REAL criminal dropping by.

Best

CR

Time to get some glasses:lol:

In this situation staying on offense when the womenfolk get back home is your best defense.

"What the $@86) is the big idea of scaring me to death with that 46&(9 mirror?!?!  I nearly had a heart attack along with a gunfight!  I'm lucky to still be alive!"

if if you can get them to apologize to you, you are in the clear.  ;):D

33 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

In this situation staying on offense when the womenfolk get back home is your best defense.

"What the $@86) is the big idea of scaring me to death with that 46&(9 mirror?!?!  I nearly had a heart attack along with a gunfight!  I'm lucky to still be alive!"

if if you can get them to apologize to you, you are in the clear.  ;):D

That's a BIG if there pard.

Lucky you wasn't blasting away with Han Solo's laser gun or you'd have shot yourself fer reel.

Great Job WIdder! Seriously. 2 fast shots and you obviously hit the target...Great Job! :D

MY wife installed a mirror at the end of our hall without telling me. I came home from work and scared the daylights out of myself. Why? I didn't have a gun and the only loaded gun in the house was just past that "bad guy" in the bedroom. My daughter was little at the time so all the guns were in the safe except my .45 which was in a little quick access safe in the night stand.

Two things happened that day.

1. The mirror came down.

2. A revolver was placed in picture frame safe in the living room.

I owed someone a payback for a practical joke so this wound up on the back of their bathroom throne room door. No escaping this one and right in your face due to the small size of the room. No bullets involved but maybe an F bomb or two...

Local gun range has these so I seized the opportunity. 

download (7).jpg

10 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy Widder,

I say good fer you pard.  I would have hated it if that hombre had shot ya.

Keep that 10 handy.

And don't keep it a secret, let it git around.

Less chance of a REAL criminal dropping by.

Best

CR

Oh I am pretty sure its out there by now!

How many think my mirror story is totally true/false or partially true/false?

Another True or False:

My little place seems to be a fly zone for Bats.   I even get them in my basement.   When I find them there, I brake out the fully automatic air soft rifle and blast them in flight.

They don't do a good job of dodging them little 6mm airsoft pellets at 350 fps.   My particular model has a rate of fire at about 14 persec.

In the day time, I use the air soft to battle wasp.  Wasp loose.   That airsoft is a wasp nest worse nightmare.

Love the 10mm, with a green laser sight mounted on the rail in front of the trigger guard.

I've got a real nice red/green reflex w/red laser mounted on my 16" Marlin .45 Colt.    This is my close range Godzilla eliminator, OR...coyote blaster, whichever one walks thru my back yard at night.

..........Widder

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Wasn't it Dennis Hopper that shot a poster once because he thought he had an intruder?

I almost did that to a life sized Clint Eastwood cutout while in college. 

My roommate moved Clint to the corner of the front room without telling me.  I came in late one night, saw a shadowy figure in the corner and pulled.  That's when I noticed the serape, hat and high water pants and light colored boots.

13 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

How many think my mirror story is totally true/false or partially true/false?

Another True or False:

My little place seems to be a fly zone for Bats.   I even get them in my basement.   When I find them there, I brake out the fully automatic air soft rifle and blast them in flight.

They don't do a good job of dodging them little 6mm airsoft pellets at 350 fps.   My particular model has a rate of fire at about 14 persec.

In the day time, I use the air soft to battle wasp.  Wasp loose.   That airsoft is a wasp nest worse nightmare.

Love the 10mm, with a green laser sight mounted on the rail in front of the trigger guard.

I've got a real nice red/green reflex w/red laser mounted on my 16" Marlin .45 Colt.    This is my close range Godzilla eliminator, OR...coyote blaster, whichever one walks thru my back yard at night.

..........Widder

My vote is for partially true. As in the mirror image startled the be-geezus out of 'ya and left that hollow feeling in your chest as you recognized who it was!

My sister-in-law, a wonderful person, asked me once why I ALWAYS carried my double stack 1911.  I replied that I never got dressed without it and I was confident that I and mine were safer because of it. She then asked why I even had it on when I went to the bathroom. I replied that I was being prepared, "in case I crap a wildcat!".

After she got up off the floor from laughing she said, "You're the only one I know who just might!!"

Me 'n' Schoolmarm helped her through a VERY bad divorce.  She says she still counts on us first when there's any trouble.

Widder!!  ALWAYS keep your help close by, my friend!!  It's better to laugh at yourself than have others cry over you!!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

My sister-in-law, a wonderful person, asked me once why I ALWAYS carried my double stack 1911.  I replied that I never got dressed without it and I was confident that I and mine were safer because of it. She then asked why I even had it on when I went to the bathroom. I replied that I was being prepared, "in case I crap a wildcat!".

That's pretty good.  Reminds me that when I was single instead of carrying a gun around, I pretty much kept a gun in every room of the house that I spent any time in.  Including the bathroom.  Someone asked me about it and I asked them if they thought a criminal would wait for me to finish wiping before busting down the door. 

Only reason I don't have a gun stashed in the bathroom now is that with a wife, there's suddenly a lot less room in the drawers. 

32 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Only reason I don't have a gun stashed in the bathroom now is that with a wife, there's suddenly a lot less room in the drawers. 

For some reason, the structure of this sentence just doesn't sound right..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

Archived