SASS Wire Forum

wife got me back

Trigger Mike

a year and a half ago i hurt my middle finger on my left hand.  It got infected and all this time the dr could not cure it.  the dr or  I would lance it  sometimes and it would feel better but 4 weeks or so later it would swell up and hurt again.  The dr had me see a hand surgeon who cut it wide open and took part of the nail and heavily bandaged my middle finger then my entire hand so that rendered it hard for me to tie showers or other things.  Back when my wife had colon cancer surgery i got to help her take a shower among other things.  We wrapped my left hand in plastic and put a kiddie chair in the shower and she returned the aid to me, so yes good deeds do get rewarded.  After everything we had to endure since her cancer it was a nice feeling that she would help me willingly.  she also took 2 pillows and safety pinned them to create a nice place to keep my hand from being hurt during the night from turning etc and for it to be elevated.  today she pulled the gauze pads out of the wound the dr left in the incision to stop the bleeding.  

I'm on the other side. My wife nursed me back to health after a nasty fall. They wanted to amputate my legs, they were so busted up. She said absolutely not! They said I would never walk again. HA! She got me doing that too. I won't run a race with you but, by God, I'm walking on my own legs and it's all due to her. I wouldn't and couldn't have done it without her.

How I can ever pay her back, or thank her enough, I have no clue.

Thank God for good wimmins!

Glad it worked out that way for you two.  Sometimes it don't, though...

I have my own private RN, my wife! Sure was a big help when I had back surgery 10 years ago! Must admit it can be a mixed blessing at times. When I'm ailing I just mostly want to be left alone!

JHC

It means a lot to me also because on bad days she still calls my son or i the jerks of the century and that my son is one because he is like me.  her helping me when i need it confirms it is not her calling us jerks but the left over from her cancer and chemo and radiation and the effects it had on her mind.  

while i was recovering I worked on my laptop in the den in the recliner and she sat on the couch and we would watch tv together etc, but once i felt better i went to my office 1 room away and she said she missed me not being in the den with her.  i thought that was nice.

Archived