SASS Wire Forum

Call blocking

Dorado

Y'all know if it's possible to block a number from a landline. I've gotten at least 40 calls today from the same number. They call wait for me to answer then hang up. If I don't answer they keep calling over and over. I'm really getting annoyed by this.

I use Nomorobo, but it only blocks unknown numbers after one ring.  I haven't had much luck with the do not call registry for my home land line or cell phone.  Google nomorobo or something like it and try it.  It may or may not help.

https://www.nomorobo.com/signup  

I called up my provider. After getting 5 run-arounds I finally got to talk to a human. I got that number blocked. 

Why do people do this?! I'd like to meet the jerk that did this. I'll make him stop.

I haven't done it...yet, but I am sorely tempted to get a loud whistle or air horn, and when one of these outfits (especially the one purporting to be from Microsoft telling me my computer is bad), let them have a loud, long blast in their ears!  I bet after a couple of blasts they'd quit or maybe not if it is a robcall.

Call the number back and tell them you are reporting them to 

The Fair Trade Commission !

That usually takes care of the problem .

Just sayin

Rooster

5 minutes ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Call the number back and tell them you are reporting them to 

The Fair Trade Commission !

That usually takes care of the problem .

Just sayin

Rooster

Never call a number back! That can lead to big problems.

get a telephone control

https://www.amazon.com/LeeKerTel-Blacklist-Whitelist-Political-Telemarketing/dp/B073CDVSQL/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502928577&sr=1-1&keywords=white+list+telephone

i run mine in WHITELIST mode:    if I don't know who you are you can't call in.     at times I may be expecting a call -- this happens from time to time.    I just disable the blocker until business is complete and then turn it back on.

If you have a landline ask if they offer "selective call rejection". If you yes you enter the number of the caller you don't want.  Better yet ask if they have "selective call acceptance". ONLY the numbers that you have on the list will ring through to you.  Also ask if they "Robocall rejection".  Stops most of the telemarketer that dial by computer.

If you have Smart phone add the unwanted call to your phones reject list.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Never call a number back! That can lead to big problems.

Indeed.   The return number could be an overseas number that adds $60-$80 to your monthly phone bill.

Or, it could be a childs number and you will find yeowndangself trying to explain to the DA why you were calling a child.

Thread with caution.

..........Widder

I have a Panasonic base station set with 5 wireless phones that COSTCO sells with a call blocking feature. When a number shows up that you want to block, press the CALL BLOCK button. Can be done while the phone is ringing or later when reviewing the called list. Seems to me it was less than $100. Holds 250 numbers. Great at election time and to deal with pestie folks like the NRA who call twice a week for whatever reason.

Church Key

Archived