SASS Wire Forum

New Director of Team SASS: Charlie T Waite, SASS# 79885

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

The time has come to hand over the leadership of Team SASS to the next generation. Therefore effective 15 August 2017, Charlie T Waite, SASS# 79885 assumes the leadership of Team SASS.

It's been said that the fight of freedom is not a sprint but rather a marathon. I accept that analogy but with somewhat of a twist. I personally see it as more akin to a perpetual relay race. The baton must continually pass to a set of fresh legs periodically in order to prevail and eventually win in the long run. One leader can't run the race in perpetuity.

I've always been a staunch believer in and advocate of regular changes at the top in positions like this as it brings with it new enthusiasm and new ideas. Blame it on my military mindset but it works very well.

Charlie has an impressive record of public activism, political involvement, various leadership roles and best of all, the enthusiasm and desire to step up and help carry on this perpetual fight for freedom.

He has valuable contacts within the NRA's Eddie Eagle program and he will also be working closely with Allegiance, our Team SASS Deputy Director who currently holds a high level position in the NRA Operations division. Charlie worked his way up from E1 to O3 while in the military, in law enforcement he was continually promoted from patrolman to Deputy Chief of Police and is now the police commissioner of his home town. He currently serves as the President of his local Committee for Veterans Outreach and has been on the city council for the last 6 years.

I see Charlie as a well prepared, well positioned and enthusiastic leader for Team SASS. He will have my unqualified support as he takes the reins of this great group. I ask that you give him the same.

I've always felt very honored that the Wild Bunch entrusted me to get this effort off the ground, organized for action and running. Most importantly, I will be eternally grateful to those of you in SASS and the Team SASS State Directors for the constant and loyal support you've shown me and this important effort over the years.

I'm very optimistic for the future and have the utmost faith in our entire SASS family, Team SASS and its new leader.

Thank you all.

Colonel Dan

Welcome, Charlie!  Hopefully you've been taking your vitamins!  :)

Colonel Dan, we have been blessed to have you here when needed.  Please tell us you'll still be nearby...  

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Welcome, Charlie!  Hopefully you've been taking your vitamins!  :)

Colonel Dan, we have been blessed to have you here when needed.  Please tell us you'll still be nearby...  

+1000000

I want to thank Colonel Dan and the Wild Bunch for their faith in me.  Colonel Dan has agreed to do whatever he can to he me get a successful start as well as be there if I or we need him.  Subdeacon Joe said “Charlie, you have some big shoes to fill”, I whole heartedly agree.

Colonel Dan stated, that he was "honored the Wild Bunch asked him to lead this effort and feel very privileged to be working with and representing you all and SASS HQ".  When you look at how far we have come and what he has developed, I feel that it is we who are honored to have had his leadership, guidance and direction.  Although it hasn’t fully hit me yet, I now know that feeling.  Colonel Dan and the Wild Bunch have given me this awesome opportunity to carry on as the new leader of the team; I promise to do my very best to continue with our mission.

Pinned to the wire are our guidelines; I have re-read them.  It gave me a greater appreciation of how much thought and planning went into forming our team.  If you get time go through one of them each time you log into the wire and you'll see what I mean.  Thank you again Colonel Dan for all of your effort.

Another Quote from Colonel Dan "One leader can't run the entire race in perpetuity."  I would amend that by adding "neither can they run the race alone."  As the name "Team SASS" implies, we are a Team.  I have seen over the past years, a very good team from supporting SASS to being leaders for Team SASS in your individual states.

It is also my honor and pleasure to announce that Joe DeBergalis, aka Allegiance has agreed to remain the Deputy Director of Team SASS, Thanks Joe for your continued support and assistance.

Please bear with me as I get my bearings in this new position.  Feel free to contact me if you need anything.

Charlie

A toast and Thank You to Colonel Dan. It was a Job Well Done!

A Welcome to Charlie Waite! OK, I'll say it Ms. Allie Mo will be all over me ifen I don't. Can't Wait ta see the race Charlie will give us.:rolleyes:

On August 17, 2017 at 1:24 PM, Smoken D said:

A toast and Thank You to Colonel Dan. It was a Job Well Done!

A Welcome to Charlie Waite! OK, I'll say it Ms. Allie Mo will be all over me ifen I don't. Can't Wait ta see the race Charlie will give us.:rolleyes:

+1

Col Dan, great work has has been done by you, Sir. Thank you for everything.

Charlie T Waite, welcome and I certainly look forward to you continuing the good fight.

:D

Archived