SASS Wire Forum

21 minutes ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

Looking forward to this, haven't been able to make very many big matches for awhile.

You'll be among a whole clan of misfits and miscreants....... you'll feel right at home..... :D

And of course, I'm one of them..... ;)

..........Widder

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW,   Looking at the current shooters list and categories, here is what I noticed:

GF:  12

SrGF:  10

Outlaw:  10   (a good many of them shoot GF style)

LGF:   5

SrLGF:   4

FCGF:   6

Can't 'cherry pick' in this crowd.

That is great.   Somebody must be doing something right.

..........Widder

50 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

YEEHAW.

I'm on a GREAT Posse with CW Knight as Ramrod.

Get to shoot with some folks I know and a few I don't know..... which always makes it fun.

..........Widder

I finally get to posse with ya Widder.

I will be especially good because I am hoping you will show me the simultaneous hammer/trigger technique.

CW is a good PM. He don't put up with no guff.

Looking forward to the fun times.

Yeeeehaaaa!

Waimea

Waimea,

You is right about CW.   I've been on his Posse's before and always enjoyed his Ramrod style.

As for the  ".....simultaneous hammer/trigger technique",   just don't blink..... :lol:

Actually, its more like 'all thumbs and butterfingers'  sometimes..... :D

It will be a very entertaining Posse.

..........Widder

Thanks for the Posse Papa Dave, looks like a great one and guaranteed to be fun. Just one more week and we will be shooting. Of maybe one week and a day. See everyone on Thursday and a lot of folks on Wednesday at the camp grounds.

I am sure we will get Lady T set up on Wednesday so if you are at the range early look us up.

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Thanks for the Posse Papa Dave, looks like a great one and guaranteed to be fun. Just one more week and we will be shooting. Of maybe one week and a day. See everyone on Thursday and a lot of folks on Wednesday at the camp grounds.

I am sure we will get Lady T set up on Wednesday so if you are at the range early look us up.

I'll  be there all day Wednesday trying to help with the finishing touches, see y'all then. 

Randy

11 hours ago, Waimea said:

...CW is a good PM. He don't put up with no guff...

This will be interesting.  Waimea can get pretty "guffy" from time to time.  We'll have to watch him close! 

Well it's getting closer and things are coming together. Some Cowgirls and Cowboys were out Monday decorating the range, We're hoping to have all the target painting done by the middle of next week. Whiskey is still bottling the "Remedy", Things are looking up.

See y'all in about a week.

Randy

Of course Ophelia Payne & I will be there! Learned a couple more things not to do at SC last weekend. I have a pretty long list of those.

Looking forward to seeing everybody again!

32 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

Of course Ophelia Payne & I will be there! Learned a couple more things not to do at SC last weekend. I have a pretty long list of those.

Looking forward to seeing everybody again!

Max, are you going to clue us in on what not to do or do we have to learn for ourselves?

See y'all in about a week 

Randy

11 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I'll be looking you and Lady T up with $3 in my pocket. Maybe more but it will be in multiples of 3.

Don't make me beg for somebody to take my money.:lol:

I am all ready to fly solo Outlaw on CW's posse. It will be a lesson in shooting the best game I have and not waiting in the weeds.

Jackalope volunteers to be the Guffy Police.

Not sure what the SASS penalty for guff is.

Well I guess it depends on the level of guff.

Could get you thrown out.

Anyhow ramble mode off.

See y'all in a week.

Waimea

Edited for font size.

Sure wish my phone let me play with the font.

I fergot how much fun it is.:lol:

Randy, you fast guys have already learned what not to do. And, the ones you haven't, well you'll remember them longer if you do them yourselves! See you soon!

3 hours ago, Waimea said:

I'll be looking you and Lady T up with $3 in my pocket. Maybe more but it will be in multiples of 3.

Don't make me beg for somebody to take my money.:lol:

I am all ready to fly solo Outlaw on CW's posse. It will be a lesson in shooting the best game I have and not waiting in the weeds.

Jackalope volunteers to be the Guffy Police.

Not sure what the SASS penalty for guff is.

Well I guess it depends on the level of guff.

Could get you thrown out.

Anyhow ramble mode off.

See y'all in a week.

Waimea

Edited for font size.

Sure wish my phone let me play with the font.

I fergot how much fun it is.:lol:

Guffy, man I have to quit trying to read this on my phone, I thought he said Guppy. I thought it had something to do with being from Florida? :D

Randy

27 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

Randy, you fast guys have already learned what not to do. And, the ones you haven't, well you'll remember them longer if you do them yourselves! See you soon!

Max, I don't know about fast but I do remember things I learned the hard way longer.

Randy

3 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Guffy, man I have to quit trying to read this on my phone, I thought he said Guppy. I thought it had something to do with being from Florida? :D

Randy

I like Guppy Police even better.

I never seen a Jackalope wear snorkel gear herding guppies.

Them horns would prolly get all tangled in somethin'.

Probably just have not drunk enough shine.

Waimea

3 minutes ago, Waimea said:

I like Guppy Police even better.

I never seen a Jackalope wear snorkel gear herding guppies.

Them horns would prolly get all tangled in somethin'.

Probably just have not drunk enough shine.

Waimea

If you get hooked up with the right folks next weekend that could all change. Seems like I heard something about a Pie Drinking contest?:rolleyes:

Randy

2 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

If you get hooked up with the right folks next weekend that could all change. Seems like I heard something about a Pie Drinking contest?:rolleyes:

Randy

I ain't particularly looking for any life changing events.

I had a scrape with shine and the shine left a mark.:o:lol:

Waimea

Waimea;

We will take your money 3$ at a time if that is what you want. Lady T does not mind and we are heading out west from Wartrace so we can use the money. I also need to make up all the money I had to lay out to get all the weeds cut down.

You also should learn from your mistakes such as drinking Whiskey made from moonshine with those of us drinking just plan whiskey. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and raise a glass with us. Just stick with the whiskey with a name brand on it like Jack Daniels, (mach sponsor) there will be plenty of that going around.

and I guess we will have to find you a guppy for some unknown reason.

8 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

They actually did a National Geographic short film about the number of Jackalopes that have drowned recently after getting their antlers caught in kelp.

Could be useful if Jackalope starts watching me too closely.

Being an OUTLAW I get jumpy.

He might think that's guffy.

I might need some kelp.

Waimea

We've been in a 4 week shutdown.  Trying to get all my loose ends tied up.  Going in early in the morning.  Should be making shine around noon.  They worked this old moonshiner hard for a month.  God bless the T'ballers.  I done told'em my focus next week is promoting the brand.  Didn't tell'em which brand.

Whiskey

Everything is coming together, all the Main Match stages are painted. PeDe touched them up yesterday afternoon, I painted all the shotgun targets today. Then got the Shoot-off stage and the Cut The Rope target painted. 

It wont be long now 

Randy

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2371.JPG

24 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Everything is coming together, all the Main Match stages are painted. PeDe touched them up yesterday afternoon, I painted all the shotgun targets today. Then got the Shoot-off stage and the Cut The Rope target painted. 

It wont be long now 

Randy

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2371.JPG

Looks like a real purdy range.

I am grateful to be able to shoot with you folks this year.

Waimea

5 hours ago, Gunbutcher said:

Could you find everything in the storage shed Randy?  I got to organizing while staying out of the girls way Monday. 

It looked GREAT, I opened the door and was in shock. I was able to find and use some of the older paint on the shotgun targets. 

Thanks 

Randy

Thursday evening don't forget the Chili Competition, you don't have to enter any chili but you're still welcome to eat chili and be a judge. Adult beverages are allowed for this and it takes place right after the Man on Man Side Match. I don't know what the Chili contest winners will get this year but last year it was liquid and had a Black Label.

Be sure to bring ammo for the Man on Man Side Match, all knockdown targets, see picture above (the blue stationary target under the red plate rack is now gone). We'll have 3 Categories, Traditional, Gunfighter and Duelist.  Last year after the winners were determined we opened it up for Challenge  Matches.  

So be ready, on Thursday you can shoot all day and have some chili and adult refreshment.

And don't forget "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink". Please donate, all money collected will be donated to the American Cancer Society. If you wish to donate by check please make it out to the American Cancer Society.

See Y'all soon.

Randy

We are going to raffle off a hand crafted knife with scabbard donated by Dusty Wilcox. We will sell 1 deck of cards for $5 a card. We included a deck of vintage style Jack Daniel's playing cards and some of the finest adult refreshment. (the computer, printer and all gob of cables in the background are not included) The knife alone or the bottle alone are worth a $5 chance and together it's a heck of a deal. All of the money raised with also go to the American Society.

Cards will be sold Thursday at the Trestle Stage until 1 deck is sold, when you come to buy your cards bring your rifle and pistol and try to "Cut The Rope", also bring your Pocket Pistol and Derringer and try the speed matches for them.

Thanks

Randy

Knife Raffle.JPG

Archived