SASS Wire Forum

Got back in town today, see all the post about the match. Getting better and better.

Got a kick out of the Outlaw post on the forum, I noticed that none of our Outlaws have jumped into that fray. Those folks should come to the TN State to see how it should be shot. I think we have the best of the best Outlaws at this one.

We are also planning on something at the campgrounds on Thursday. Maybe pizza or pulled pork, everyone is welcome. I think last year we had about a dozen pizza delivered for everyone to enjoy.

See you all in just 6 weeks or so.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tombstone, hope you had a good trip and shot well. I agree if anyone wants to see Outlaw shot well come to the Tennessee State and watch you and several of the area Outlaws. I'm counting Florida as area. 

Randy

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Tombstone, hope you had a good trip and shot well. I agree if anyone wants to see Outlaw shot well come to the Tennessee State and watch you and several of the area Outlaws. I'm counting Florida as area. 

Randy

Well, I saw Papa Dave at Ambush but not to talk to.

I will get my app in the mail tomorrow if it ain't too late.

Waimea

Hoping Irma leaves us alone.

45 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Well, I saw Papa Dave at Ambush but not to talk to.

I will get my app in the mail tomorrow if it ain't too late.

Waimea

Hoping Irma leaves us alone.

It's not too late for an Outlaw , glad you're coming to join us. 

Randy

Didn't know it was a question if you were coming, we already had the horse stall reserved for you and everything. We need all the Outlaws we can get, I am even pushing Cactus Red to shoot with us this year.

If he reserved a stall (tent camping) my money is that the beautiful Senora Moon will not be attending this match. Dang it.

Hi Widder, you're right, it's been too long. Various body parts keep sidelining me, but I think most of them are starting to cooperate, to some extent. Yep Tombstone, you are right, going to be solo this time. Someone's got to hold down the fort. :-)

Looking forward to seeing you again. If Senora and Dixie cant make it, well, you are still welcome in my camp. Pizza or pork, still not sure which one but I understand the pizza last year was a hit...for hours after I went to bed. Of course that may have been around 10:00 or so eastern time.

5 weeks and counting.

RED KNEE:

Sent you an email.   

I found some special lube for your SG.  It has great lubricity and also contains some special 'asbestos' type chemical to keep your SG barrel cool during shooting strings.

I've ordered a couple bottles of it and when it comes, I will send you a bottle.......free.

Don't be afraid to apply it heavily as it thins out with usage.

Oh yea, one more thing......... it looks and smells like PNut Butter but it works great when you glob it in your action.

Your friend,

..........Widder

9 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Looking forward to seeing you again. If Senora and Dixie cant make it, well, you are still welcome in my camp. Pizza or pork, still not sure which one but I understand the pizza last year was a hit...for hours after I went to bed. Of course that may have been around 10:00 or so eastern time.

5 weeks and counting.

Thank you my friend, I'll surely be there! Looking forward to hanging out with you, Becky, and the whole gang again!

Boozy glad you can make it , sure you, Tombstone and the crowd will have fun at the campground.  Red Knee, sounds like Widder is really trying to help you out. :o  

It will be good to meet you and watch the dueling 97's. 

Randy

22 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

RED KNEE:

Sent you an email.   

I found some special lube for your SG.  It has great lubricity and also contains some special 'asbestos' type chemical to keep your SG barrel cool during shooting strings.

I've ordered a couple bottles of it and when it comes, I will send you a bottle.......free.

Don't be afraid to apply it heavily as it thins out with usage.

Oh yea, one more thing......... it looks and smells like PNut Butter but it works great when you glob it in your action.

Your friend,

..........Widder

What a friend you are, always thinking of ways to help others.  

I've heard tales of your affinity for peanut butter, just didn't realize you would be so considerate and willing to share its benefits.

Better send several bottles cause 4 of my 97's went to the doctor Sunday with various ailments.  Out of the other 14, 3 of em are purring beautifully.  The queen still sits in the safe untouched, waiting for the right moment.  Could it be that her inauguration would be at Wartrace against Widder???   Hhhmmmm???

We shall see........Red Knee

7 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Boozy glad you can make it , sure you, Tombstone and the crowd will have fun at the campground.  Red Knee, sounds like Widder is really trying to help you out. :o  

It will be good to meet you and watch the dueling 97's. 

Randy

Randy,

Widders been offering me his cure all ointment for 97's ever since i put him on the spot at Hellfire last time! 

Looking forward to meetin you as well.

Red Knee

46 minutes ago, Red Knee said:

Randy,

Widders been offering me his cure all ointment for 97's ever since i put him on the spot at Hellfire last time! 

Looking forward to meetin you as well.

Red Knee

We may have to set some fire extinguishers out at the SG match or at least a watering trough to dunk barrels in so they don't melt down.

Randy

Hey Randy,

I hope nobody takes our comments as though Red Knee nor I think we are the only 2 SG shooters around.   

Its just we have enjoyed competing with each other at side matches since 2014 at Hell Fire.   He's a blast to watch, as are many others in our game.   

I will suggest this to everyone interested:  If you are a Lefty and shoot a 97, ya gotta watch Red Knee and his technique.   

It will be entertaining on side match day, in participation and spectating.

Go ahead Red Knee, bring out that safe queenie....... and make my day!

..........Widder

18 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Hey Randy,

I hope nobody takes our comments as though Red Knee nor I think we are the only 2 SG shooters around.   

Its just we have enjoyed competing with each other at side matches since 2014 at Hell Fire.   He's a blast to watch, as are many others in our game.   

I will suggest this to everyone interested:  If you are a Lefty and shoot a 97, ya gotta watch Red Knee and his technique.   

It will be entertaining on side match day, in participation and spectating.

Go ahead Red Knee, bring out that safe queenie....... and make my day!

..........Widder

There are lots of good '97 shooters around and I'm anxious to see you and Red Knee and the others go at it. Will Rielly  is the best left hand '97 shooter I've seen before so I'm interested in watching Red Knee (although I'm not left handed and don't shoot a '97).   I predict a line all day at the SG match and a really fast time to win it.

Randy

58 minutes ago, Shamrock Sadie said:

Tenn State is one of our favorite matches. We are so looking forward to this match. :D

We are looking forward to you and Knott joining us, I think it will be a great match.

Don't forget your pink for ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH TO WEAR PINK on Sidematch day. We will again be collecting money to donate for Cancer research and this year it means even more to me than it has in the past so hopefully we'll collect a lot and there will be lots of folks decked out in pink.

Randy

Got my pink shirt all ready to go. Maybe can cut the rope with my pistol one handed again. Probably not but I know I will have to give it a try.

5 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Got my pink shirt all ready to go. Maybe can cut the rope with my pistol one handed again. Probably not but I know I will have to give it a try.

I think you could probably cut that rope wearing the Pink Shirt, One Handed.......from the Hip.

;)

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

1 hour ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

I think you could probably cut that rope wearing the Pink Shirt, One Handed.......from the Hip.

;)

..........Widder

Tombstone, I have faith in you. I cut it last year 1-handed with a .38 derringer, no point in doing it again this year, I showed last year it could be done.:rolleyes:

Widder, I bet Tombstone could do it from the hip, you know them Outlaws don't need no stinkin' sights.

I've got to dig the target out of the weeds, I haven't seen it since last year.

Randy

St Eagle, last year if I remember correctly you cut it first shot, it took me a few to get it done.

Wider, I tired it from the hip last year and I did move it but it did not cut all the way through. I ended up aiming duelist but swore everyone to secrecy. I would hate for someone see me using sights.

2 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

St Eagle, last year if I remember correctly you cut it first shot, it took me a few to get it done.

Wider, I tired it from the hip last year and I did move it but it did not cut all the way through. I ended up aiming duelist but swore everyone to secrecy. I would hate for someone see me using sights.

Tombstone, I've gotten lucky a couple of times and got it first shot but it took several with the Derringer.  I do have a Marlin rifle in .44 that I cut one with the only shot I've ever fired out of it, that was a couple of years ago. Someday I need to shoot that rifle again.

I think one year Pleasant's grandson cut one with a .22 rifle.

Looking forward to the fun.

Randy

The ROPE draws a good crowd every year.   I would probably miss it with a scattergun..... :o

AND, lets not forget one of the best Man O Man anywhere.   It is a blast to participate and a blast to watch.

And this wouldn't be an official post if I didn't mention 'you know who'.   Soooooooo, RED KNEE, I hope you have a safe trip to TN and the weather is good..... ;)

I'm gona do my best to show you some good ole Southern Hospitality..... :D

..........Widder

Lets see, they raise money for Breast  All types of Cancer research, Give away lots of JD, Three days of shooting, man on man for all to try, lots of JD give away, Camping with a lot of fellow cowboys and ladies, lots of JD given away. And there is a 10 stage state match thrown in somewhere along the way.

A great banquet, lots of JD to give away.

Dang, is it here yet?

Looks like there will be quite a  few Outlaws too.

4 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Lets see, they raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness, Give away lots of JD, Three days of shooting, man on man for all to try, lots of JD give away, Camping with a lot of fellow cowboys and ladies, lots of JD given away. And there is a 10 stage state match thrown in somewhere along the way.

Dang, is it here yet?

Looks like there will be quite a  few Outlaws too.

Tombstone, we raise money for all kinds of cancer research, I just picked pink because Are You Tough Enough To Wear Teal?  just doesn't sound as good. Don't forget the Bell Buckle Cafe catered Banquet and did you mention lots of JD to give away?

Randy

St Eagle, I fixed it, thanks for some more reasons to make this match.

Boozy, it aint the flavored Moon Pies that will get my attentions but it does have to do with moon. Even if it is not a full moon I am sure the moon will  shine at the campgrounds. Maybe even be some different flavors.;)

18 minutes ago, Tn Tombstone said:

St Eagle, I fixed it, thanks for some more reasons to make this match.

Boozy, it aint the flavored Moon Pies that will get my attentions but it does have to do with moon. Even if it is not a full moon I am sure the moon will  shine at the campgrounds. Maybe even be some different flavors.;)

I've heard rumors that there is a distinct possibility of that......or so I've been told.

Archived