SASS Wire Forum

Rest in Peace La Beef

Red Cent

La Boeuf actually. The Texas Ranger was 81 and one of the best singer/guitarist I have ever known. Couldn't act too good, though.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Wichita Lineman will be missed....  R.I.P.

"The French say Laberf, but I prefer LaBeef". Fantastic entertainer, over 60 albums, 9 Grammy's, numerous other awards. Could play just about anything with strings and hated being pigeon holed in his music. He will be missed, and has been for the past several years as he battled that insidious disease. Now he's sitting in the pickers circle with all the ones that went before. Thank you for years of entertainment, Sir.

A fellow guitar player in my college dormitory bought one of Glenn Campbell's early records on which he displayed his mastery of a 12- string guitar.  He didn't sing very well on that record but we didn't care; that 12-string sang for him.  It was no surprise he became a star.

Thank you sir for the terrific music!

One of the times I saw The Beachboys (probably 1964) he was filling in for Brian Wilson.  Suspect this was early in his huge career.  He even did a great job as a Beachboy.

RIP

When I turned eight years old my parents gave me a record player for my birthday and one record. It was the 45 single from Glen Campbell, Rhinestone Cowboy. I played it over and over. It's a song I will always sing along with whenever I hear it on the radio. 

His 12-string guitar work wasn't exactly shabby either.

Archived