SASS Wire Forum

Pistoleros Contest

Dorado

This will be the Contest thread.

The great and generous Widowmaker Hill has offered to perform his "Widder Soft Stroke" work on a Henry .22 on one rifle for one Pistolero or the person of their choosing. IT'S TRANSFERABLE!

Its for ONE rifle only.   And its for the Henry .22 lever action.

Actual model makes no difference.

ALL the owner is responsible for is shipping to me and I will pay the returned shipping INSIDE the USA.

The 'Widder Soft Stroke' on the Henry .22 also consist of short stroking the lever arch approx 1.25".   And although the Henry .22 is a fine rifle from the factory, there is no comparison to the Soft Stroke modifications.

The Slater trigger job consist of about a 2 lb. trigger pull and trigger stop.

This is a standard $100 cost PLUS shipping.   So the total value of this package is approx $125 - $135.

Turn around time is less than a week.

..........Widder

Unfortunately he can't do international work unless you've got a Pard stateside that can send and receive the rifle for you on the sly.

Rules are simple:

1. You must be a Pistolero, Pistoleros only. Must be a member by the close of the contest.
  2. Comment below
  3. One comment per person, anyone that tries to comment multiple times will be barred from the contest.
  4. Contestants must be legally able to ship and receive rifle.
  5. Winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator. Numbers are assigned by post number.
  6. Contest closes Sunday, August 20th at 12:00cst (noon).
  7. This is for action work only, winner or recipient of their choosing must provide the rifle.

PISTOLEROS,

My post will automatically exempt me from the contest.   And I have no part in the structure of the contest or picking the winner.

But the winner will get the 'Soft Stroke' mod, which includes a short stroke on their .22 Henry lever action rifle.

PLUS, a Slater trigger job, which incorporates a nice trigger with trigger stop.

PLUS, I pay for the return shipping, USA coast to coast only.

Turn around time is just a few days.

Good luck to all you Pistoleros.

..........Widder

I don't have a Henry but I will donate it to someone if I win!

Thanks again Widder!!;)

If a winner of a Widder .22 Henry soft stroke mod, I believe I will just have to get me one of those fine rifles.  Thanks Widder...here's hoping I win, figuring grand kids will enjoy as much as me.

I would love for Widder to work on my Henry or my grandson 's Henry

I have a large loop Henry that I bought just before finding CAS.

I would love to be considered for the contest.

The biggest problem is gonna be to keep away from here so I don't put another post in.

So see ya after 8/20

I do see irony in the name of the contest and the prize being offered.:lol:

I hope that smart remark doesn't effect my eligibility.:o

Waimea

Considering that I am the only one who can place multiple post on this thread, I thought I would also give my email to everyone.

If you have any questions, just email me and not put more than 1 post on this thread.

widder1894@icloud.com

RANDY:  thanks for posting the video of Lefty shooting the Henry .22 'Soft Stroke'.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don't have a Henry but I will donate it to someone if I win!

Thanks again Widder!!;)

I don't have a Henry yet - keyword - "Yet" but if I win I will follow Rye's lead and donate the win to someone that currently has a Henry.

Henry Golden Boy that my son used when he was a buckaroo. That would have been nice to have. 

Oh well he's in college now and I can use it for the side matches, so I'm boxing it up ready to ship to Widder as soon as I get the word.

First, Widder thank you for your grand gesture. You have worked on one of my Marlins CBs and all your work is respected by cowboy shooters.  

I too, am not  Henry .22 owner, but will also donate Widder's work to a deserving Pistolero Pard.

Regards

Capt RHK

I've already got the Henry and if I win the Soft Stroke, I'll even shoot it Duelist / one handed / spin cocked in keeping with the Pistoleros style.  Of course not in an actual match - 170 rule you know!!!

TRs

Widder already did my grandsons Henry earlier this year.  He really does great work and my grandson loves shooting his .

Dustin,    

I ain't sure what the Yellow Boy is.   Are you talking about the 'Golden Boy' .22?

I'm looking at a Henry catalog and I don't see any model listed as a 'Yellow Boy'.

Reply back to me at my email to keep you from having multiple post on this thread, per the contest rules.

widder1894@icloud.com

..........Widder

Can't wait to see all hese pins a the shoots.  Got a niece and nephew getting ready to shoot, that Widder mod would be nice.  Thanks to all involved in doing this.

Archived