SASS Wire Forum

Head stamp question

Haole

I scored a bucket full of 45 Colt brass.  I've polished about 2,000 cases and sorted them by head stamp.  Some older cases are head stamped . P M C .  while others are head stamped *PMC*.  I have some ideas as to why the difference but thought I'd ask.  What's going on with this PMC brass?  The . P M C . brass seems older than the *PMC* stuff.

Haole

PMC had a factory just outside Las Vegas, Nevada.  I took a tour of the factory in 2001.  Production was moved to Korea several years ago and the headstamp looks slightly different.  The "M" on the Korean brass is supposed to look more like an upside down "W".

I found this info on  forums regarding your question. I found info regarding the PMC ammo that was loaded by Eldorado. The links I found stated that Eldorado Cartridge Corp went out of business. But the brass I saw that was in question had dots, not stars before and after the PMC. Also the Korean PMC ammo has an "M" that looks like an upside down "W". This info is from forums on the internet so it must be true :blink:

PMC = Eldorado Cartridge Corporation (previously Patton and Morgan Corp., and Pan Metal Corp. ) PO Box 62508, Boulder City, NV 89006. 

PMC = Poongsan Metal Manufacturing Company Ltd., Seoul, Republic of Korea (probably at the Angang Ammunition Plant). Note that the "M" is shaped like an upside "W"

Archived