SASS Wire Forum

Xmas in august

Blackey Cole

Well I picked up the guns that I've been waiting on since eot today that had to have paperwork on them still waiting on original 73 last minute fix required additional part.  But today I got the uberti 1885 Remington outlaws that I had ordered at eot from cimmiron that were sent to Johnny meadows for an action job,then a 1874 sharps that I got off the classifieds and a ruger 10 shot gp100 in 22 lr to prevent from ffl fees plus I had a store credit on a gun I won from a local united way raffle that I didn't want.  I'm happy buy can't wait to test fire each gun at the range when the 73 arrive.  The outlaws give me a set of

single action armys 

ruger bisley vaqueros x2

s&w no2s

and now the Remington s

thets perty much the most common hand guns of the old west I know I'm missing army sas, navy Sara and open tops the latter never appealed to me I have had and shot the formers but preferred the ruger old army's that I didn't list above for obvious reasons.

for rifles I have several uberti 73 both straight stock and pistol grip stocks, Taurus thunderbolt, marlin 1894,I sold my 92.  Sour shotguns I have both hammered and hammerless sxss, original 97 takedown, Iac 1887 so I'm know I have all the legal Sgt styles covered, rifles I'm missing several, the 1860, 1866, 1892, burgesses and spence of the sass legal, in the revolvers I'm probably miss more than the three I mentioned.  But I'm think I perty well stocked.

Archived