SASS Wire Forum

Return to Toostone writers thread

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

GW glad to see you here!  Less glad to see you with a 1911 in 1880s in Toostone, but hey it's better than a nuclear warhead I suppose

hmmmmm... not sure I can fetch a set "Like Texas, in 1880" from my stock..... I'd need some conversions or maybe 58 Remmies.     Maybee if i was real lucky I *might* have been able to grab a '73 Winchester but, more likely, I might have a Henry or Spencer.    I like the Spencer.     I always wished they'd made that in .45 Rim ( for SASS, of course )

no '97s of course.    Mule-ear double, more likely.

14 minutes ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

I want my Phasers and I never use the stun setting.

(it worked in Cowboy's and Aliens)

Some mighty strange weapons have a habit of appearing in Toostone.

6 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

GW glad to see you here!  Less glad to see you with a 1911 in 1880s in Toostone, but hey it's better than a nuclear warhead I suppose

I dunno what the problem is with the 1911, except that he knew what it was.  In Toostone we'd have marveled at the fancy gun with the crazy slide on top and magazine.  There would have been a few adventures figuring out how it worked.  But that's Toostone for ya.

2 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Please stay.  You can even keep your Colt .45 Automatic Pistol

no prob

for the purposes of this yarn I've got me a .44 '58 Remmington, a Spencer Carbine. and a mule-ear scattergun.     th' 1911 vanished like the Cheshire Cat

1 hour ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

and the .41 Magnum is still the best handgun caliber ever devised for any purpose

i think the main argument against the .41 is simply that it's too much like the .44

actually the .44 Special is pretty cool by itself too.      Someplace I had an essay on 44s of the Old West -- it was part of the SASS Annex to my Web Site

sigh....was gonna try to write tonight....but it's lookin' like it might not happen.....late getting home then some problems to deal with in addition to laundry needin' done....phtttt.....:(

Don't feel too bad, Mary!!  I fell off that damned knee scooter while ago and dropped a whole plate of fabulous oriental food!!

Schoolmarm's visit to the doctor was a raging success and that is the best part of my day!!!

Hope y'all like my latest contribution.

I love my 44's. I was going to write that I carried everything in 44spl but when I looked it up, 44 Russian was the best choice.

I use 44 Russian in my Colts for my main match gun and 44 mag in my Marlin.

:angry::angry:Maddog:angry::angry:

Been a long day at that 4-letter word.... work.  To be honest, I really like my job.  The people are amazing, and several are interested in CAS.  They were really interested when I told them about the books.  Might bring one in tomorrow to show off. 

Now, what's Bottles up to on his train ride?  It's about time he came home.  But what's with that little wooden object he brought back?  And a storm inside the 3rd floor room of a hostelry?  There's more going on than meets the eye...

2 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

I love my 44's. I was going to write that I carried everything in 44spl but when I looked it up, 44 Russian was the best choice.

I use 44 Russian in my Colts for my main match gun and 44 mag in my Marlin.

:angry::angry:Maddog:angry::angry:

Toostone is an odd place.  Don't be surprised if some .45ACP slide action pistol showed up with a LOT of ammo, or your .44 Russians suddenly became .44 Magnums!

Thank'ee kindly, Mr. Flint, I just ... now that does smell good, though ... pardon me whilst I spears me some of attair ... daggone that's good!

I got this far.  I'm involved in a video for my band tomorrow so I probably won't be putting up any more 'til i get back home Sunday.

The camera loves me.  Some viewers don't, but the camera does. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wacko:

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I got this far.  I'm involved in a video for my band tomorrow so I probably won't be putting up any more 'til i get back home Sunday.

What kind of band?  Many years ago I played in a wedding/bar mitzvah type band.  We did a video once a year for the agent to use for bookings.  Fun times, but it did get old after a few years of playing the same stuff gig after gig.

It's a Blues/Classic Rock band.  Twin guitars, sometimes two drummers, bass, and four part vocals.  We've played fraternity and sorority houses all over the southeast and large corporate gigs like the CanAm Spider corporate homecoming and several Harley Davidson events.

We've played the bars in Nashville and other big towns in the south as well as numerous S.A.S.S. events. We've been the closing act at every Black Gold Shootout and most of the Possum Trot events.

Search Milkbone Blues Band on the web.

:lol: :rolleyes: VOCAL CORDS!! B) :wacko:

I am instrumentally challenged.  If you ask the other members of the band, they'll advise you to leave off the "instru"!!  :lol:

Writing for me is taking a lot longer than normal due to my right shoulder aches when I type on my Chromebook so I make lots of mistakes and spend lots of time correcting them.

On top of that I am getting caught up in details...gotta get a move on to Toostone Utah :D

Blackwater,

I got one of those knee scooters a couple of days ago when the doc put the cast on my lower right leg to allow it to heal after the surgery. Those darn things are downright dangerous! Gotta be careful. I am not using it because of my shoulder but I will be. Bad design for sure. Be careful.

Archived