SASS Wire Forum

Return to Toostone writers thread

Got a question or twa about the thread and I thought my response might be better to the wire in general, rather than putting it in the story proper.

These are my opinions only.  Do what you want within decorum's allowances.

1) Meeker Massacre was Sept of 1879 so we are somewhere in the summer of 1880

2) Gatling guns are likely to show up.  As an unrepentant rebel, I have no use for Federal law-feel free to try an arrest me for bringing one to the party ;)

3)  Past story references don't bother me as long as not being familiar will not prevent other writers from basically keeping up.  Remember in life, no one knows everyone's complete backstory

4)  As to historical authenticity, I have no qualms about altering it to suit our story.  Fiction is fiction, no need for complete historical accuracy.

Toostone's location has been somewhat loosely undefined over the years being in Colorado and Arizona at different times.  For  now Canyonlands National Park, Utah is my proposed approximate geographical location for this story.

A personal request is that we leave vampires, werewolves, sand worm and followers of Chutlu out of the story.  Any character from Blazing Saddles should be welcome.:D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Werewolves, scmerewolves. But no Chultlu! Oh well.

Wendigo?

Well since the Wendigo mythos would have been active at the time, though more centered on the eastern indian tribes, I guess it would be okay but Wendingo Psychosis would be more realistic

No rules, just suggestions

Apparently zombies are okay?  "Tastes like brain....brain!!

Wendigo, being of the period and much earlier (although further east and north) should be okay, don't you think?

22 minutes ago, Cat Brules, SASS #14086 said:

Apparently zombies are okay?  "Tastes like brain....brain!!

Wendigo, being of the period and much earlier (although further east and north) should be okay, don't you think?

But wouldn't that give you mad cowboy disease?

25 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

But wouldn't that give you mad cowboy disease?

Prolly revenant [  :-)  ], don'cha think??

Zombies being a few cards short of a deck anyway?  Right?

13 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Mad cowboy is bad

Mad cowgirl is worse. Ask anyone.

oh yeah.....BIG time oh yeah!!!!!!!   Ask anywun who noz me.....;)

well i guess if we got a mad cowgirly around here i better stay outta th' saloon

git my'self over ta Jakes & talk to Missy.   maybe sip a little of that stuff she has in them glass jars

OK, OK. You folks are having entirely too much fun with this thread! I would love to join in but feel like I am already outclassed!

'Nuf said about this? Please do not stop on my account. I am getting an unreasonable kick out of it all even if I am a bit terrified of cowgirls.

Warhorse

Whisky Business was using the bottles for pistol practice.  shot up all of what was left of our last case except one bottle and Ed Butler drank that.     now all we got left is that stuff Missy has down to Jakes.

8 hours ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

I have nothing to add to the stories on this great thread , but just want to say; HEY , GRAMPAW WILLIE , Champion of the 41 Magnum , where the heck you been for the last few years. Good to see you back here.

Rex :D

I be OK although I havn't shot a match in years.     I still volunteer for the range maintenance detail though.     I might shoot Hidden Valley come 30th, dunno.    I've got a lot of little issues that I'd have to work through.     Still got the .41s though

Archived