SASS Wire Forum

WTC?

Hoss

saw this video, not our game, but  I enjoy watching shooting videos.  I felt that while the TO definitely fouled up, the shooter was out of line in his actions. I think the shooter deserves a MDQ for unsafe gun handling/belligerent attitude. what think you?   And if this is the typical USPSA match, I don't want to play. At a bare minimum, I would never TO for that guy again.

Video link doesn't show up for me.

Worked with IE, Firefox didn't like it  for ??????

Anyway - scary actions ........

I used to shoot USPSA. Should have been MDQ. He broke the 180 badly, and pointed loaded weapon at TO and uprange

31 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

I'm not seeing where he broke the 180°. 

You are right. I missed the pistol handoff to the left hand. When I watched it again I saw the handoff. I thought he was pushing the RSO with his gun hand on first view

I can't see anything the shooter did as wrong. The TO was in his path when he came around the corner. He sure couldn't have come behind the TO, so he moved the obstruction.

I am with Goody, the TO knows the corse of fire and should have been out of the way if anything I think he should get a re-shoot. 

At the end of the video neither the shooter or the TO seems to have any issue with what took place.  There was no time for a polite 'Excuse Me' and the only other option the shooter had would have been to just stop right there and demand a re-shoot.  At least the shooter did not try to go around the TO.

It certainly looks intense!

I think shooter stopping and getting a re-shoot would be the best answer. TO was obviously in the wrong spot. But the whole grab him and shove him with one hand with a loaded cocked semi-auto in the other seemed very unsafe to me.

Watch the video stop action; at no time did the shooter break the 180. Shoving the RO out of the way was just fine as the guy shouldn't have been there. Safest way to handle it other than stop and get a re-shoot (if they give those) Pretty good run, I enjoyed the one-leg-hopalong shot at the far right...LOL

Honestly, it actually appears to me at the end of the run, the timer is apologizing and perhaps offering a reshoot.

I know I have done the same type of walk up to the shooter, put my arm around the shoulder apology and offer a reshoot myself when I have messed up a shooters run.

Stuff happens when the clock is running.   He can't pass behind the the TO with a loaded gun, not to mention the TO was blocking a shooting position.

The TO is actually lucky that the shooter didn't come around the corner geared up and ready to make that shot thru the middle opening that he was standing in front of.

With his adrenalin tank topped off, things that get in our way during a scenario are taken care of with our gross motor skills and the fine motor skills used for thinking outside the box goes to.........................

Ideally, the shooter would stop at the TO, but adrenalin and 'buzzer fever' has different effects of folks.  The way the shooter handled it seems as safe as possible while trying to move a person out of harms way.

To me, TO was 100% in the wrong.  Shooter should get an option to re-shoot.  Both could use a 'hindsight' after action discussion while reviewing the video.

Totes

The other thing is - we don't know what level of event this is and whether they allow reshoots.

If this is a "major" event and the shooter only has one run at this thing...

I was at a "major" event; a cowboy shoot and the stage started out with shooter at a non shooting position - then at beep move to 1st shooting position.

The timer was standing directly in line with me in the direction that I was going to have to move.

I asked him if he would just step back a little bit and his response, "I'll be long gone before you get here"

Just Ace stepped over to the timer and told him, "Creeker is a lot faster than he looks...  And I guarantee, he is not going to go AROUND you"

In other words - I fully understand the shooters actions.

Archived