SASS Wire Forum
Chili Pepper Jack

Youtube Cowboy Channel?

8 minutes ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

Did you see on the video that I was dumb enough to put the shotgun rounds back in my belt!! LOL 

No I didn't catch that, had to watch it again.  Too funny,  of course you had no way to predict just how many shells you were gonna need for those two targets. :huh:

I watched the other videos you posted, great stuff and was glad to see them.  Really great match at the best facility I've been to yet!  I wish I'd taken some photos of the restroom.  Quite a step up from the standard Port o' Johns I'm used to with the Air conditioning, Paneling, Dyson hand dryers, and even counters to put your gear while you take care of business.  That place was like the country club of shooting ranges. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

Did you see on the video that I was dumb enough to put the shotgun rounds back in my belt!! LOL 

Jack:

Like CodyMaverick, I didn't catch that either.

The beauty of REPLAY. :P

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I post a lot on my channel but would like to see a Cowboy Channel that we could all link to. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/CowboyJunkySC

That is a great idea!!! I would have no idea how that could be accomplished I am about as sharp as a bowling ball with stuff like that. I am subscribed to your channel and will do it for everyone that post a channel don't want to miss a thing. 

1 hour ago, CodyMaverick said:

No I didn't catch that, had to watch it again.  Too funny,  of course you had no way to predict just how many shells you were gonna need for those two targets. :huh:

I watched the other videos you posted, great stuff and was glad to see them.  Really great match at the best facility I've been to yet!  I wish I'd taken some photos of the restroom.  Quite a step up from the standard Port o' Johns I'm used to with the Air conditioning, Paneling, Dyson hand dryers, and even counters to put your gear while you take care of business.  That place was like the country club of shooting ranges. 

Ya that place is great!! Fast Eddie and his crew did an outstanding job on that shoot. It was my first shoot at that level and was very happy with my performance, but as I look at the videos I see SOOOO much time that I lost on every stage. From what I have been told Riverbend is even a nicer range then that one. Was thinking of going to a shoot at it this weekend but took a look and it is 167 miles from the house. 

Here is an example of the video's for the You Tube Cowboy Action Shooters Champions Forum.  This is from stage 5 2017 EOT.  It was the 17th fastest stage shot that year.  You will see a few bobbles as well as some very nice transitions.  SASS Kicker won her fourth Overall Lady's EOT World Championship.  She came in 16th against all shooters.    She is a pre-med student at University of Arizona and was awarded a SASS scholarship to help with the cost of her tuition!  We are looking for other instructional videos from our many SASS champions.  Send your video to kirkjames4570@gmail.com.  Please note: it may take a while to post your video.

SASS_Kicker_2016_EOT_stage_5_transitions.mp4

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

Why move this to F.A.Q. ?  B)

Warden:

It was moved to ensure that it did not disappear into the archive files on the SASS WIRE, and as a resource for SASS Member videos.

In addition:

597f97bf32b61_AllieMoresponsetomovingThreadstoFAQ.thumb.JPG.fe8ba40ecac50598af69701e7dad93b2.JPG

I have a Youtube channel where there are a good number of cowboy shooting videos....several from the GA State match last year.  I also post other family type stuff and some reloading videos I've done there as well.  Just pick through and watch what you want.  You can find it at https://www.youtube.com/user/gakrazykajun

Kajun

• Like 1

On 7/30/2017 at 8:37 AM, Just Bill SASS# 16394 said:

My favorite is Jed I TV Every few weeks he comes up with a new cowboy program

He examines every aspect of Cowboy Action Shooting. Here is the latest.

Thanks Bill. 

9 hours ago, Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423 said:

Thanks Bill. 

Bill I like it too! I was just looking at the video glasses review he did. I am thinking about getting some just don't know if I want to get off the wallet enough yet! LOL 

I only have two  videos up so far, here they are from the PA State match

https://youtu.be/T9V19cH-mbY

https://youtu.be/OuG8LUPghNY

Edited by Tombstone Tex
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2017 at 8:58 PM, Tombstone Tex said:

I only have two  videos up so far, here they are from the PA State match

https://youtu.be/T9V19cH-mbY

https://youtu.be/OuG8LUPghNY

That wagon was great, how did you see a thing?

1 hour ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

That wagon was great, how did you see a thing?

At first it wasn't too bad, but then you heard those missed shots hahaha....so it became fuzzy quick and it was me thinking "I think this is where the target was...."miss lol. They did a great job putting that match together though, lots of fun.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tombstone Tex said:

At first it wasn't too bad, but then you heard those missed shots hahaha....so it became fuzzy quick and it was me thinking "I think this is where the target was...."miss lol. They did a great job putting that match together though, lots of fun.

You had all the smoke I don't have that excuse, I just miss!:D

18 hours ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

You had all the smoke I don't have that excuse, I just miss!:D

HAHA well it is always a bunch of fun. I went to a shoot last week and had a few misses and I was shooting smokeless powder. So I have to be honest in saying that when I miss with the black powder I get to claim it was absolutely the smoke and I couldn't see the target. When I miss with smokeless, clearly there is something wrong with the gun! :lol:

• Haha 1

I have a few Cowboy Videos on my channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/scottyxlr8). One of the fun things about it is that I bandanna'd an action cam to my head to show my kid what a REAL 1st-person shooter game is. Ultimately, the  best learning experience you might get out of my channel it is what NOT to do...

Edited by Scotty Two Shotty
  • Like 1

Some good stuff out there, to be sure!  I love seeing all the enthusiasm and creativity - y'all keep it up!

We've got myriad of videos on our YouTube channel, mostly dealing with Cowboy Action Shooting and other "days gone by" related shooting sports.  Most of our stuff deals with blackpowder and/or muzzleloading, but there are a several tutorials, interviews and a little levity in the queue for the next few months.  Here's a link to one of our videos - hope y'all will consider subscribing!

Keep your powder dry,

Wild Ben

Edited by Wild Ben VanDorn
  • Like 2

I don’t know how I missed this post all this time......  

I  maintain and do most of the videoing (although I do have help from time to time) for our club The Bayou Bounty Hunters out of Amite Louisiana.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaPiqnr8yGfQ4E-QPbYEqXg