SASS Wire Forum

WTC sort of

Knarley Bob

Was at a shoot today, after the beep, started shooting pistols. Hand shooting pistol with cramped up, so switched hands and continued stage. I normally shoot duelist, but was wondering if this would constitute shooting double duelist? No call was made, nor penalty given, I'm just curious.

Knarley

24 minutes ago, Knarley Bob said:

Was at a shoot today, after the beep, started shooting pistols. Hand shooting pistol with cramped up, so switched hands and continued stage. I normally shoot duelist, but was wondering if this would constitute shooting double duelist? No call was made, nor penalty given, I'm just curious.

Knarley

As long as the revolver was NOT COCKED when you switched hands , that is perfectly legal in any category except GUNFIGHTER.

It would NOT be considered "Double Duelist" shooting style:

“Double Duelist Style” is defined as shooting a revolver cocked and fired one handed and unsupported, with each hand, that is, one revolver with the left hand and the other revolver with the right hand.

"Gunfighter Style" is defined as shooting with a revolver in each hand.  Revolvers must be cocked and fired one handed, unsupported, one right-handed and the other left-handed.

SHB p.14

Double-duelist is a shooting style, not a category.  Duelist category allows both single duelist and double duelist shooting styles.

Good luck, GJ 

Thank you gents,

Been having so many problems with my hands lately, it's becoming a struggle.

KB

9 hours ago, Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118 said:

Double duelist is not a separate category, just considered Deulist.

TB

9 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Double-duelist is a shooting style, not a category.  Duelist category allows both single duelist and double duelist shooting styles.

Good luck, GJ 

What they said!

Nothing to do with the rules, but tonic aka quinine water will relieve cramps for me in just seconds.  For some reason the amount of quinine is just enough to work.  It takes about 4 ounces for me.  (Leave out the gin though.)

Archived