SASS Wire Forum

What type of BONUS Targets does your Club use?

11 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

How do the shooters feel?  You say you're doing it for fun, whose fun?  Are these stages providing more fun for your customers or are they simply for your enjoyment to "mess with" them?

Perhaps "Messing" with them is a poor choice of words. "Challenging" them would be more descriptive.

I guess our posse members are a different breed, since the members seem to enjoy the way these challenges are introduced and presented.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonus things to do are fun and add to enjoyment of the game. But, they can also be a hindrance especially on the clock. Having recently TO on a stage were there was a distance small target for a 5 second bonus, a miss did not count. Holding the timer so I could see it, (I was really curious on how long time it took to aim and hit) I saw anywhere from 3 to 15 seconds taken for the 5 second bonus. Then take the lowest time and it probable took another second to turn and acquire the stage targets and sequence for remaining 9 shots. Fun, yes, but noticed the slower shooters never really acquired their time back even with the 5 second bonus subtracted.

I rather see bonuses off the clock, and shooting is signal shooter is ready and start the timer.  MT

Disclaimer:  I did not read page two of this discussion.

Just wanted to mention an optional bonus I used to write into a stage a number of years ago.  On stage one, there was a target about 80 yards out.  After the shooter finishes the standard 10-10-4, he/she has the option of reloading and shooting one on the far target for a 10 second bonus.  If you missed, it cost you the time you took to reload, aim and shoot.  If you hit it, you get 10 seconds off minus the time it took to reload and aim (and back then, people didn't reload as fast as they do now).  Or you could decline and take your time on the 10-10-4.

On 8/3/2017 at 1:13 PM, Shooting Bull said:

How do the shooters feel?  You say you're doing it for fun, whose fun?  Are these stages providing more fun for your customers or are they simply for your enjoyment to "mess with" them?

Actually, the posse members enjoy them. There is a lot of hooting and hollering at successful attempts and even more on the unsuccessful ones. (All in good fun)

On 8/2/2017 at 9:34 PM, Shooting Bull said:

Normally "speed shooters" got to be that way through years of dedicated practice. That leads me to a question. If this messes with the speed shooters, what does it do to the less experienced/less accurate shooters? 

And I won't even get into why you're "messing" with your customers. :blink:

Matter of fact, us bottom dwellers often make those shots!

And as I mentioned, "Messing" was a poor choice of words. "Challenging" would be more accurate.

Hey Wapaloosie!

That video by Tame Bill was impressive! 

I thought 35 yards was far!  Thanks for posting that!

Mo

Archived