SASS Wire Forum

Pietta 1851 Capt. Schaeffer Pistols

Hey!!  Somebody Call Me??  Here I ARE!!

The reproduction of the Capt. Schaeffer custom Colt are way neat.  4 inch Barrel, really nice laser engraving, Overall fit is very good, including the grip panels.  They are Pietta percussion guns and will respond to a little set up.  First and foremost, fit the Bolt to the Cylinder Notches.  Then what ever Percussion set up-you prefer.

Mine are pretty extensively tuned as I shoot FCGF.  I do highly recommend changing to Slix Nipples and a reduced Main Spring.

They are made in the same manner as the Pietta Marshal series of Percussion guns.  They are NOT stainless.  Polished and Heat Treated steel.  They do not tend to rust any more or faster than a standard Blue gun.  Mine have turned out to be quite accurate.  Great value for the dollar.

I Really like mine a lot.

Coffinmaker 

3 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Hey!!  Somebody Call Me??  Here I ARE!!

The reproduction of the Capt. Schaeffer custom Colt are way neat.  4 inch Barrel, really nice laser engraving, Overall fit is very good, including the grip panels.  They are Pietta percussion guns and will respond to a little set up.  First and foremost, fit the Bolt to the Cylinder Notches.  Then what ever Percussion set up-you prefer.

Mine are pretty extensively tuned as I shoot FCGF.  I do highly recommend changing to Slix Nipples and a reduced Main Spring.

They are made in the same manner as the Pietta Marshal series of Percussion guns.  They are NOT stainless.  Polished and Heat Treated steel.  They do not tend to rust any more or faster than a standard Blue gun.  Mine have turned out to be quite accurate.  Great value for the dollar.

I Really like mine a lot.

Coffinmaker 

CC:

Just ordered a pair.

Thanks for the input.

LL

Got a call from EMF today...

The next shipment of Schaeffer pistols has arrived.

They are making calls to all on the waiting list; some folks are turning down their reserved units.

If there are some left over...I just might be able to get a pair.

So please...when they call....tell them that you've lost interest !! ;)

Incidentally, they are arriving with sequential serial numbers.

LL

Archived