SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado 2017 Main Match

Creeker, SASS #43022

The Main Match stages for The 2017 SASS Nevada State Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting

are now posted on the Eldorado Cowboys website.

http://eldoradocowboys.com/

September 28th, 29th and 30th - Boulder City Nevada.

12 stages of Big and Fast.

http://eldoradocowboys.com/assets/applets/2017_MAIN_MATCH_STAGES.pdf

And remember Eldorado is a "Shoot it when you can see it" match.

No mandatory move to X position - no move to circle - no foot faults or "within one step of" position silliness

If you can see the targets and abide by the requirements where rounds must pass by - you can shoot it when you see it.

In addition to 12 fast and furious main match stages -

We have:

Full slate of side matches - including long range, speed rifle, pistols and shotgun (87, 97 and SxS) - Pocket pistol - Derringer - 22 rifle - 22 pistol - Cowboy clays

4 stage Mini Match.

Movie night on the range - This year RANGO

Costume contests

Formal awards Banquet at the beautiful Hoover Dam Lodge.

Prime rib carving stations and cupcakes.

The Great Eldorado Giveaway with BRASS, LEAD and Sportsmans Warehouse Gift Certificates.

Category and event specific BUCKLES for 1st thru 3rd every category.

And best of all... We still have room for you.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

Always a fun match you put on Creeker. 

Appreciate that Colt. 

I think this years match will be among some of the most straight forward that we have ever put on.  

Shooters have asked for the opportunity to showcase their shooting.

And to that end, this years event should be a nearly 100% full throttle match.

A while back, we made the decision to differentiate our two annuals in flavor; with "Dam Site" taking an old school direction of props and non shooting activities.

This allowed us the chance to take the state championship, Eldorado and accentuate the things we liked about it and streamline some things out.

We hope shooters like the chance to open up and just let the lead fly.

Big targets, close placements and simple sequences.  

This promises to be one of our fastest paced matches ever.

1 hour ago, Gawd Awful said:

I Always have a good time at Eldarado 

One of these times you should bring along your blow up girlfriend! :)

8 hours ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

One of these times you should bring along your blow up girlfriend! :)

Shooting Bull is already there, I don't need to bring him 

5 hours ago, Gawd Awful said:

Shooting Bull is already there, I don't need to bring him 

I thought I was your "special" friend?

If its going to be like that; I'm glad I picked Rango instead of Brokeback for the movie this year.

5 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

I thought I was your "special" friend?

If its going to be like that; I'm glad I picked Rango instead of Brokeback for the movie this year.

You ARE special, he's just a blow up, use, and deflate kind of friend 

1 hour ago, Shooting Bull said:

I................:blink:

I..................:blink:

I....................I got nothing. :blink:

Ya know the really sad thing is we are all worse than this in real life.  :D

13 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Sad? It's the only reason I hang out with you degenerates. :D

Its the only place you feel at home? Your not an outcast?  Or you need the comic relief?

It is sure a good thing I try to market this match by the quaity of the stages, placement of the steel and fun little extras.

From our posts;

you would think it was impossible for us to get thru a single stage without inappropriate comments, butt grabbing or someone getting placed into a trash can.

I mean; ya know, I have never seen a stage yet where that stuff didn't happen - but I'm sure we could get thru a stage without it...  If we really tried.

Yup, I'm thinking that MATURITY of the participants is not our major selling point.

Not sure about your point there Mr Creeker man.  I was always under the impression those ARE the fun little extras.

(Please don't ever ask me to get through a stage without doing those things.  I don't share you confidence in my ability.  I see a trash can, I see Gawd Awful, some things are just meant to be.)

1 hour ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  The likelihood, or even possibility of witnessing any or all of the above is just one of the several things which keep me coming to this event whenever I can....:D

We sincerely appreciate that too.  

And we really do try to keep everything PG13 level; meaning all butt grabbing, either by hand or brass grabber takes place over top of the clothes and most everyone stays dressed (well, Gawd Awful is a challenge sometimes).

And since the Junior High mentality meshes up perfectly with our maturity level and sense of humor; it all works out.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, Shooting Bull said:

I don't share your confidence in my ability.

Sure I have confidence in your ability to be responsible and mature.

Why just last month, there was that stage....  Well, hang on, there was that one part that was a little bit weird.

But there was that other time when....  No, we shouldn't talk about that one.

Ok, then couple years ago at Dam Site when....   Ummm, I'm not sure if the statute of limitations is up on that one yet.  So nevermind.

Ok, but the point is - if we REALLY REALLY tried...  Maybe we could.

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

I just noticed in the midst of all our foolishness; not one person has said anything about the stages...

I did mention they were posted, didn't I?

Soon to be known as "the Nefarious Mr. Creeker..."  :P

Kidding aside, they look to be fun, challenging, different, fun....

We recognize the hard work involved in developing an event of this caliber, and appreciate the efforts by yourself and your crew.

As I was clearing out some piles of accumulated papers this week, I came across emails welcoming us to Eldorado 2003, signed by Charming.  I thought "Wow, not burned out yet?",

and still doing a great job along with J. D., Ace, Nevada Skye and the rest of the gang.  I know I've forgotten some--  my apologies.

Anyone who hasn't yet experienced Eldorado owes themselves the treat.

17 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Holy cow! I almost forgot about THAT! Sure glad there were no video cameras around. I think you're right about the statute of limitations but, why risk it? :wacko:

No  cameras, but every year someone brings up the story, and every time I have to ask, how can you look at yourself in the mirror??? And has dollar tree lifted the restraining order yet? And more importantly, is there any level you won't sink to for a Klondike bar?

9 hours ago, Gawd Awful said:

No  cameras, but every year someone brings up the story, and every time I have to ask, how can you look at yourself in the mirror??? And has dollar tree lifted the restraining order yet? And more importantly, is there any level you won't sink to for a Klondike bar?

That Dollar Tree location closed.  Apparently they were experiencing too much cost for psychiatric counseling for staff and management. 

Another business tried to open in there, but they quickly failed; something about the place always smelling like chocolate, leather and baby oil.

Next business brought in a old Indian woman shaman to cast off the evil; it stayed in business three weeks.

Last I saw they had burned the place to the ground and it had become a homeless camp.  They still say when the moon is full and the wind is still, you can see a man with chains draped around his neck moaning and the sweet smell of chocolate wafting thru the air.

Of course, I fully understand what you were doing with the Klondike bar.  We have all been there before.  My question has always been, where did you get the trained monkey?

I hate to jump into this thread as you boys have seemed to fine enough humor to keep amused. I did download the stages and I think everyone is in for a great time. 

Thanks Creeker, back for year #2, Ye Haw!

T B

I'll just take a glass of cold milk!

After all......

I'm just a stranger passing through.

OK, one Klondike bar per posse? Awarded the last day of the match to the person on the posse who made the posse laugh the most?

TB

2 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

I have got to put this match on my someday list

Not too late to make this year the year.

And if you want - I can promise you a posse placement with sane folks (mostly)

1 hour ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Committed to another match this year, but gonna see about getting the time off on my 2018 list

1 hour ago, StirrupTrouble said:

Committed to another match this year, but gonna see about getting the time off on my 2018 list

Don't forget, we have another annual shoot in May as well. 

The Best Shoot by a Dam Site.

Dam Site is a little more old school, with more props, games and on the clock activities. 

But the same cast of weirdos and juvenile delinquents.

4 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

You've got your fingers crossed behind your back, right? You HAVE to have your fingers crossed behind your back. How on Earth can you make that promise without your fingers crossed behind your back? 

Archived