SASS Wire Forum

Senility can be humorous

Yusta B.

So I got the urge for a candy bar. Grabbed my stuff & got in the truck to head for the corner store. Did a quick inventory before I left 'cause I sometimes forget something important - like my wallet.

Wallet - check

Keys - check

Cellphone - check

Wireless mouse ----- Really ?

Big deal so ya forgot the computer, it can happen to anyone!!:P

Yeah I'm discovering lots things starting to grow on me.

An old man and woman were sitting at the dinner table one evening.   The man mentioned he wanted some ice cream.  His wife said that sounded good, but she wanted some whip cream too.   They decided they needed ice cream, whip cream, chocolate syrup and cheeries.  As the man was getting ready to go out the door to the store, his wife said he should write everything down so he wouldnt forget anything.   He said he wasnt senile and could remember to get everything and left in a huff.   Of course, when he walked into the store, his mind went blank.   He wandered the aisles for a few minutes and finally just grabbed 2 cans of soup and left.  When he got home, he just sat the bag on the counter and kept walking.   His wife watched him with an evil glare.   When she checked the bag, she yelled at him  "I told you to write it down, you forgot the danged crackers"

Going to the grocery store I write myself a note and then forget it at home!! :wacko:

I'll also make some notes on my phone because I have that with me and then leave it in the car when I go into the store!!:wacko:

Forgetfulness is OK, just as long as you don't forget to wake up in the morning. But it happens

The best thing about getting to the age where you forget stuff is......what was I saying. Oh yeah, messing up shooting a stage and not carrying that to the next stage cause you cant remember what you did wrong. 

Imis

I opened the fridge one morning and found a box of cereal...

... uh oh...

... turned around, opened a cabinet...

... and there sat a carton of spoiled milk.

:lol:

Yep. Chalk board in the kitchen: if we need something, write it on the chalkboard. Transfer chalk board list to paper list to go shopping.

Forget list on counter.

Drive to store.

Discover you don't have a list.

Turn on cell phone to find messages including wife from home.

Deal with messages.

Get wife to read you "The List" Several times, because you don't have paper and pencil.

Get in cashiers line. Answer phone and get list of more items just thought of.

Get back in line, pay for goods and get half way to van.

Answer phone to get message about "One more thing before you leave"

That kind of senility??:ph34r::lol::blush:

Well, at least you can watch a movie and a short time later watch it again because you did not remember watching the movie in the first place. 

They say that true happiness for the elderly is remembering what they came into the room for!!:rolleyes:

Have you guys been spying on me. I live every bit of what has been said  okay so the wife's typing all this for me. What's the problem

As my grandfather got older, my grandmother told me that it got easier to care for him. She would make dinner and if he did not care for it, (he always ate what was set in front of him), he would tell her that they did not need to have what she had made anymore. At supper time, she would feed him the same thing again and he would make the same comment, but he did not remember having it for lunch. The last time I saw him before him died, he did not really know anybody but he could still tell you the stories about being in Germany during WW2.

I saw Grandma this past weekend and she was doing better than the last time I saw her, and when see her on her birthday on Aug 5, she will be 103. Her mind is still good, but I can see that her mind is slowly going downhill. However, I wonder how I will be when I hit 103, 48 years from now.

Archived