SASS Wire Forum

Snakebite

One of the clubs I shoot with has the next shooter check the shooter in front of them.  That works well with a small posse or any posse, for that matter.  Most of the others do not have a LTO.  

I think the UTO is the most important to verify safe guns go back to the carts.  When I'm running the timer, I make sure someone checks the person at the unloading table.   If we are short on people, I'll have the brass picker preform the UTO function on the shooter as he brings the brass back.  I'm shooting more and more with small posses, and the help is needed more with spotting and brass pickup.  I don't know what the right answer is, but other than new shooters, I'm not sure we need to check shooters going to the line.  

NNV

Snakebite,

You know I love you man, but using an anonymous authority gives me the chills!  You make it sound like there is a man behind the curtain making the final decision on all the rules in spite of everyone else's efforts.

If a loading table officer is mandatory then it should be so stated in the rules.  Until it is, there will be clubs who will not have one.

18 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Snakebite,

You know I love you man, but using an anonymous authority gives me the chills!  You make it sound like there is a man behind the curtain making the final decision on all the rules in spite of everyone else's efforts.

If a loading table officer is mandatory then it should be so stated in the rules.  Until it is, there will be clubs who will not have one.

JBar... I wouldn't want you to catch a cold with those chills.

Archived