SASS Wire Forum

Crashed my bike. On the Mend

Pat Riot

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Poo, sure glad you had a helmet on. Prayers for a speedy recovery and good health!

My Prayers are with you Pat.

Next month will be one year ago i was hit on my bike.

It was a long slow recovery .

Im about as good as im going to get .

About 70% of what i was .

I pray you have a speedy recovery.

God bless .

Rooster .

So sorry to hear about your accident. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery and return to the CAS saddle soon.

Lawyer up. I used to ride. I won't anymore as too many people not paying attention on the roads.

12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And get a lawyer!

Dang right! They take a good share of any settlement but you will end up with a lot more to tide you over. My boy was hit 13 months ago. Physically he is fine. Still some issues from a severe concussion though. He was able to come out of it all above water because of a lawyer that knew the system. I just wish Fort Wayne had a prosecutor to put the drunk behind bars. But no......

Pat, you've already got more and better free advice than I could come up with!

Heal up, pard, and glad you're alive!

sorry to hear this Pat. Hope you recover quickly and find ways to enjoy your grandsons visit. I am a rider also and these things are always on my mind.

Get healed up soon! I hear those bikes are a lot like green broke filly's... a train wreck, and unpredictable. ;)

Glad you are on the mend!

Prayers sent.  Get well soon pard.  I have seen many motorcycle accidents in my career which is why I do not ride one.  As we get a little older our reflexes slow down.  My dad sold his bike when he was in his late 50's for that reason.  There are a lot of inattentive drivers out there.  In a car or truck, you have a safety net around you.  On a bike, in most cases you get seriously injured of killed in even what would be a minor wreck in a car or truck.  Please use good sense.

I am very sorry to hear of your accident but very glad to hear you didn't suffer damage of a more permanent nature. I hope you heal quickly. 

Wow! Thank you all for the well wishes and  the kind words...by the way Widder and Lumpy, laughing with fractured ribs sux...:P...Characters!....

Thanks for the lawyer advice Bob and everyone. I'll be holding off on that.  Kind of funny, the man I ran into actually called me last night to check on me. I say "the man I ran into" because I did run into him, but it was because he was oblivious. He called my phone number to talk to my wife to find out how I was. I guess he got my number  from the police report. As I talked with him I realized he still has no clue what he did but he felt awful about the whole thing. He is older, probably in his mid 80's. He kept saying how bad it scared him seeing me fly through the air. I decided that unless he gets silly looking for a payday I will probably not bother him about the crash again. Obliviousness isn't maliciousness. He probably needs to have a cognitive driving test done but the police were there and talked with him so I will leave that in their professional hands. Hell, by the law the whole thing is my fault because  technicallrearended him.

Boy, typing this is flippin' hard with a broke wing...litterally, my shoulder blade is cracked. That is a pain that I wish I never had to experience. It's like a toothache in your back that won't let you raise your arm without becoming acute pain.  4 of the ribs right in that same area are fractured too. Fun Stuff!...Not.

I m waiting for the surgical aides to come and get me. I am having the metatarsal bones for my big toe pinned together hopefully this morning. It may be after noon though. The nurse just came in to make me put on a surgical gown and  I talked her into holding off for another hour. How is it that those gowns are still in use? Ridiculous...

When I get home my neighbor has offered to take  my bike to the dealership for me t get it fixed. Heck, it'll be fixed before I am.

Anyway, gotta run. I have about typed my limit for a while.

Kindest Regards to you all

PR

"by the way Widder and Lumpy, laughing with fractured ribs sux"  I know-BTDT myownself :lol:

I would ask the PD to have them request a DL retest of that older driver. Sounds like maybe he needs to become a pedestrian. 

Look on the bright side-All this hurts far less than child-delivery does......:D

There-bet that makes you feel mor-better. :P

OLG

I am happy to learn that you are going to recover.  Please be compliant with the doctor's and the physical therapist's instructions!

Also, do not say that it was your fault, technically or otherwise.  Let the police determine that.  Also, your lawyer will be going after his insurance company,

not him, to get the money for your hospital bills and lost salary.  There is no reason that you should take a financial hit for this and you are not being vindictive.

Vindictive is when you sue for $10,000,000.00 for "Emotional Distress" or some such.

Good Luck,

Duffield

Pat Riot,

Prayers up for your healing, and a speedy recovery. I hope you are shooting again soon.

Capt R. Hugh Kidnme 

Glad your mending Pard. The lawyer will get anything they can from insurance companies, both his and yours. You wouldn't be filing suit against the driver per se. Any lawyers here could correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way my boy's lawyer proceeded. If he would have sued the drunk stripper that hit him his payout would have been in singles...:D

Dang, Pat!  Just snuck home for the evenin' from Boy Scout camp and dang... not a good surprise to find on the wire!

Now... to borrow from Lumpy's "All this hurts far less than child-delivery does......:D" I'll add...

At least ya ain't gotta deal wit' kidney stones!  :rolleyes:

That said, wishin' ya the best for a fast and un-painful recovery.  :)

See you made good use of the unlimited likes for moderators. :D

Had a friend whose wife wrecker her bike in a low speed crash into a stopped car. She was just learning to ride and had a momentary lapse in coordination. She only broke one bone but it was her pelvis. Nothing the docs can do except pain killers, limit mobility as much as possible, and give it time to heal. 

She remarked more than once that childbirth was nothing compared to the pain associated with breaking your pelvis.

Pat--- Best wishes and prayers out to 'ya. Been there years ago from a bike /car that didn't see me accident. I'm scheduled for my rotator cuff repair in a week and a half and sure know what 'ya mean about typing. Sounds like you'll beat me back to the range! Good Luck Pard

Howdy,

Hospital hint.

If folks bring you candy, share it with the nurses.

The longer you stay the more nurses you offer it.

A happy nurse is a good thing.

Get well soon.

Best

CR

Hey Pat,

I hope you get a couple Nurses like I had a few years back.

I went in for a heart stent.  About midnight, 2 nurses came in the room to remove my stent (located at the groan area) and had to apply pressure on the cut to make sure I didn't start bleeding.

Unlike some of those stories you hear about Nurse Godzilla and her evil twin Hogzilla,  my 2 nurses were knockouts.   Both of them.

Neither was much older than 24 and both were '5 by', if you know what that Navy term means.    In slang terms, you could say they were 'quarkin nickels'.

Anyhow, sure hope you find a small blessing in all of this.

Get well soon.

..........Widder

My prayers are for your speedy recovery.  I don't have experience with your pain other than your ribs.  I broke a couple bailing off a horse.  Got right back in the saddle to ride the couple of miles back to camp.  My son tells the wife and I we are too old & fragile to risk riding our horses; which we choose for their cool temperaments.  Our response was you should stop ridding dirt bikes; since you have broken many bones, missed work & been on light duty many times.  As a firefighter that means he missed out on overtime putting a severe dent in his income.

Well, that really sux. I rode a murdercyle for some years, only laid one down once, riding in the mud and the sprocket ate my pant leg. Wishing you a speedy recovery, will put you on the prayer list. 

Su amigo,

JHC

Archived