SASS Wire Forum

Radio tubes

Dorado

Anybody need or want any?

Client I was working for today has several thousand old radio tubes that he's trying to get rid of. These are not amp tubes or tv tubes they're radio tubes. He asked if I'd look around for anyone that'd want them. Y'all are an eclectic bunch so I figured someone here might want them. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get the both of you talking about them.

Please be aware that I don't know anything about them.

You might contact some Ham radio folks...some of them collect old radio equipment like we collect guns.

I'm probably underestimating this, but he's got at least 14,000 tubes. He's inventorying them right now. He's been at it for two weeks. Figured that if y'all need some, I could shoot you his email.

I’ve restored a handful of old tube radios. There’s definitely demand for old tubes, the question is just how he wants to dispose of them, in lots, singly, or all at once. 

I don’t know of any individuals who want 14,000 tubes, but apparently there is (or was) at least one! ;)

There are a lot of vacuum tubes still being manufactured in Russia.

I think many of the early Russia MIG's used vaccum tubes.  Ask  lad The Impaler if he needs any.

There are small business that specialize in locating, restoring and selling old radios.  One such shop used to be in Williams, Arizona.  You could do an Internet query to find that one and others, then contact them to see if there's any interest.

Cat Brules

5 minutes ago, Cat Brules, SASS #14086 said:

I think many of the early Russia MIG's used vaccum tubes.  

I remember reading an anecdote about how when the U.S. first got their hands on a MIG they joked about how primitive it was compared to our solid equipment. Then someone pointed out that it wouldn’t get wiped out by an EMP. Not sure if he veracity, but the story stuck with me. 

Archived