SASS Wire Forum

Kel-Tec sub2000

Got a new rifle, a Kel-Tec sub 2000, 9mm and takes Glock 17 mags.  After trying to sell and extra 1897, a non cas shooter bought the gun.   I saw these Kel-Tec's some where and thought I should get one.   What a fun little carbine.  I did put in a upgraded trigger/spring kit, the trigger was terrible, it felt like a 4 stage trigger.  The old trigger broke at 6 lb. 12 oz. now a smooth, although lone trigger pull, it breaks at 5 lb. 4 oz.   Probably will go though lots of 9mm.

I've always wanted one of those. Very cool little guns. Kel-tec does have some very interesting ideas.

I just got one too.  Mine takes glock mags and it wasn't until I went to buy extra mags for it that I found out beretta mags are an option.  I can't stand glocks, but I like berettas and already have the beretta carbine. 

So I bought the multi-mag grip from kel-tec to change it out ($65).  Now if I can just break that castle nut free on the back of the grips, I'd be home free.  I think they used the wrong kind of lock tite. 

Archived