SASS Wire Forum

Something unexpected....

Dorado

I have a pair of Border Collies. Love them to death. However they stay outside as they need to run. So that they have plenty of water I've always had a bucket out back. This bucket was used for my horses when I had them. It's lasted 20 years or so and finally gave up the ghost. So yesterday I went to find another just like it. I ended up at a remote tack and feed store. I found the buckets behind a display of chicks and bunnies they were selling.
I was taking my time looking for a replacement water bucket and heard a little girl cooing and giggling about the rabbits. I heard her father ask her if she wanted one. She squealed in delight! I thought that was very cute. However I got the feeling of an angry female. I turned and saw her glaring at her father. I was just thinking "What kind of a brat is she?" when she said, "Daddy! This time you be careful when mowing!"
I nearly died laughing!!! Another woman nearby heard this as well and she too choked and started laughing.
Lord......

Just something funny that happened that I thought I'd share.

I think that kid oughtta watch out for Daddy mowing, too!!

:-)

:-)

Comic I read. Buncha third graders. Show and Tell.

This one kid holds up a rabbit.

"This is my bunny."

Whole class goes "AWWWW".

"My dad bought him for me. His name is Hoppy. In about two more months he'll be big enough to butcher."

Whole class sitting there :o

I used to raise rabbits for market when I was a kid. My father got me into it to teach me about life and money. I had a lot of my classmates wanting to come over and see my rabbits. Then I told them that they're not pets and for eating. Oh the looks I got. Must have been strange coming from an 8 year old.

my daughter wants rabbits.  she always changes her mind when i tell her i only raise animals for food or protection(dog and cat) .  My 5 year old daughter told me we are not to eat her favorite hen she named Lovey.  

When I was five my father was teaching me how to skin rabbits. I kept a couple as pets but those ended up on someone's dinner table too.

I'd say let her have one to teach her responsibility and the deliciousness of fresh rabbit meat.

As a kid my wife raised rabbits at her grandparents house. She always told me they sold them as pets. I asked her grandma one time if they ever ate those bunnies. "OH, NO!" she said. "BUT WE ATE A BUNCH OF CHICKEN!"

I killed a baby bunny by accident too! Just cutting the lawn and the mom had them buried underneath the grass in the middle of the lawn!!! Bad place!!! Poor little must thing have been peaking his head out when I mowed him!! I felt terrible!:(

4 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

my daughter wants rabbits.  she always changes her mind when i tell her i only raise animals for food or protection(dog and cat) .  My 5 year old daughter told me we are not to eat her favorite hen she named Lovey.  

Better hope she never sees this  :P  :lol:

Archived