SASS Wire Forum

Rule book pet peave......

Yusta B.

If/when the rule books are combined/rewritten I think it would  be a huge help if the penalties were coded in each rule description line or paragraph. There could be a code used such as:

P - for procedural

S - stage DQ

M - Match DQ

MS - Minor safety

5 - any 5 sec penalty

etc.

This would add only 1 or 2 characters to the rule description and besides clarifying/defining the penalty, would save everyone from having to go look it up in a table somewhere. The penalty table should be kept as it is a good compact quick reference to carry with you.

Any thoughts ?

If/when the rule books are combined/rewritten I think it would  be a huge help if the penalties were coded in each rule description line or paragraph.

Start with page 63 0f the RO I Course manual ... there all there!

2 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

If/when the rule books are combined/rewritten I think it would  be a huge help if the penalties were coded in each rule description line or paragraph. There could be a code used such as:

P - for procedural

S - stage DQ

M - Match DQ

MS - Minor safety

5 - any 5 sec penalty

etc.

This would add only 1 or 2 characters to the rule description and besides clarifying/defining the penalty, would save everyone from having to go look it up in a table somewhere. The penalty table should be kept as it is a good compact quick reference to carry with you.

Any thoughts ?

The "penalty codes" / acronyms have been pretty much well-established...I am unaware of any plan to change them at this point:

P

SDQ

MDQ

MSV

1 hour ago, John Boy said:

Start with page 63 0f the RO I Course manual ... there all there!

Exactly .....

58 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

The "penalty codes" / acronyms have been pretty much well-established...I am unaware of any plan to change them at this point:

P

SDQ

MDQ

MSV

I'm not suggesting the acronyms be changed. I'm suggesting the acronym or an abbreviation of it be printed in the paragraph/line that describes the violation. I'm not explaining myself very well. I'll  try to come up with some examples.

2 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

I'm not suggesting the acronyms be changed. I'm suggesting the acronym or an abbreviation of it be printed in the paragraph/line that describes the violation. I'm not explaining myself very well. I'll  try to come up with some examples.

I believe I understand what you meant (upon further reflection)...some of the violations already mentioned in the main text of the docs also specify the attached penalty (spelled out), but many do not until one gets to the "Penalty Overview" listings.
I agree that your idea would be most helpful.

Thank you sir for expressing what I was thinking in an understandable way !

Archived