SASS Wire Forum

Calling all Pistoleros!

Dorado

3 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

ok....first requirement fer yer new club needs ta be identifying tha location of all 50 states on a map.....

Not a problem!!:) I gradeeated frum high screwl...........

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ditto....:lol:

I have yet to look at the SASS map. Maybe I should...

Alright I've checked the map. I can handle the Southwest and possibly the Four Corners Regions. We still need help with the Western and Southeast Regions. I will service them as much as I can.

However I cannot accept checks or money orders at this time. I have to link a bank account for that and I'd rather not use my personal one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Guess I'm a little late responding to this thread, I can help in the Phoenix, Prescott, AZ area. Been shooting classic cowboy since 2007, last 2 years duelist, will not shoot using both hands, have not done that since 2006. 

TB

11 hours ago, Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118 said:

Guess I'm a little late responding to this thread, I can help in the Phoenix, Prescott, AZ area. Been shooting classic cowboy since 2007, last 2 years duelist, will not shoot using both hands, have not done that since 2006. 

TB

Bill, it'd be a huge help if you could take the four corners region. All I need for you to do is advertise you're availability, collect their shipping info and let me know how many pins you'll be needing. From there I'll know how many pins I need and I should have a price soon. With that we can collect the funds and order the pins. It should take 2-3 weeks and I'll send you a package with however many you ordered. I'd need you to distribute them from there. Would that be alright?

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I like it but the gold pistol seems odd to me, thinking silver might look better.

Scout

+1

Alright here's what I'm thinking price wise. $5 each flat rate.

pin+bubble mailer+welcome card+shipping=price

$1.35+0.5+0.15+2.63=$4.63 each.

So a flat rate of $5 each would cover it all and be simple to figure out. Shipping is about the same according USPS for all 50 states. Only a slight variation for AK and HI but still within the $5 mark. International would be different and would have to be handled on a case by case basis.

The excess would go towards the Pistoleros for whatever need may arise (awards, belt buckles, etc.) Things to be used just for the Pistoleros.

I feel that price would be both fair and affordable.

How does that sound to everyone?

33 minutes ago, Dorado said:

So a flat rate of $5 each would cover it all and be simple to figure out. Shipping is about the same according USPS for all 50 states. Only a slight variation for AK and HI but still within the $5 mark. International would be different and would have to be handled on a case by case basis.

The excess would go towards the Pistoleros for whatever need may arise (awards, belt buckles, etc.) Things to be used just for the Pistoleros.

sounds good to me. 

Dorado:

"Bill, it'd be a huge help if you could take the four corners region. All I need for you to do is advertise you're availability, collect their shipping info and let me know how many pins you'll be needing. From there I'll know how many pins I need and I should have a price soon. With that we can collect the funds and order the pins. It should take 2-3 weeks and I'll send you a package with however many you ordered. I'd need you to distribute them from there. Would that be alright?"

Glad to help, yes I can be the contact for the 4 corners region, use can use turquoisebill@cableone.net as my contact info.

TB

2 hours ago, Dorado said:

I didn't think it would be that cheap!!

2 hours ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

So 2 pins plus shipping would be $6 bucks?  OK with me.

Charlie

Nope, second pin is $25.00 paid in person to me!!:P

Holler when you git the orderin info ready fer me to fill out.

2 hours ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

So 2 pins plus shipping would be $6 bucks?  OK with me.

Charlie

I was thinking $5 each. In other word, 1=$5, 2=$10, and so on. This would both to cover all costs, as well as a fund-raiser of sorts for the Pistoleros.

I hadn't thought of a base $5+$2per extra pin thing. It's do able. I'll just have to change my spreadsheet around a bit.

Thoughts anyone?

55 minutes ago, Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118 said:

Dorado:

"Bill, it'd be a huge help if you could take the four corners region. All I need for you to do is advertise you're availability, collect their shipping info and let me know how many pins you'll be needing. From there I'll know how many pins I need and I should have a price soon. With that we can collect the funds and order the pins. It should take 2-3 weeks and I'll send you a package with however many you ordered. I'd need you to distribute them from there. Would that be alright?"

Glad to help, yes I can be the contact for the 4 corners region, use can use turquoisebill@cableone.net as my contact info.

TB

Thanks TB.

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I didn't think it would be that cheap!!

It would have been a lot more except that I found some bubble mailers on amazon fairly cheaply works out to about $.50 each versus $2 a piece. Also, I went through Office Depot and got 200 welcome card printed up for $0.15 each on nice paper. They look great. I'll also have room on them to attach the pins. I think that'd be better than leaving them loose inside. I figured that if they get bumped around that they may get damaged.

Just now, Flint N. Steele said:

Holler when you git the orderin info ready fer me to fill out.

PM me and I'll send you the Pistolero email address.

Alright so our regional contacts will be:

Rye Miles for the Mideast and Northeast regions

Charlie T. Waite for Northwest Region if that's alright with him.

Turquoise Bill for the Four Corners Region

I'll take the Southwest Region and anyone that wants to contact me directly.

This is according to the SASS Regional Map:

SactioningMap-2016.pdf

I'm still needed pre-orders as we're still short of being able to order.

Rye,

Please email or message me with any important info.  My time is not my own these days and I can't keep up with reading the wire at all.

My offer still holds to distribute pins for you at MDS.

Thanks,

Barb

Just for info I have 8 preorders as of now including my own. I have also received 2 substantial donations. We're over half way to being able to order 150 pins and about half way to 200.

Also, Unless I get some more feed back on the price. I'm going to leave it at $5 a pin.

Once I have enough I'll order the pins. It'll take about 2-3 weeks for manufacturing and delivery to me, I'll get them mailed out as soon as I'm able after that be it to the Regional Contact or to the Pistolero directly.

3 hours ago, Black Hills Barb said:

Rye,

Please email or message me with any important info.  My time is not my own these days and I can't keep up with reading the wire at all.

My offer still holds to distribute pins for you at MDS.

Thanks,

Barb

I will update you as soon as we get this thing going. As far as distributing the pins that's a nice idea but everyone who joins will be getting theirs by USPS. Thanks for offering though!

Rye

Thanks for showing me that. That'll help quite a bit.

9 hours ago, Dorado said:

I was thinking $5 each. In other word, 1=$5, 2=$10, and so on. This would both to cover all costs, as well as a fund-raiser of sorts for the Pistoleros.

I hadn't thought of a base $5+$2per extra pin thing. It's do able. I'll just have to change my spreadsheet around a bit.

Thoughts anyone?

I say keep it at $5.00 each. Very inexpensive and is a fundraiser to cover extra costs that haven't been though of yet. One of those extras is the bulk mailing of pins and cards to each regional contact. They in turn will have to mail to individuals.

13 hours ago, Dorado said:

Just for info I have 8 preorders as of now including my own. I have also received 2 substantial donations. We're over half way to being able to order 150 pins and about half way to 200.

Also, Unless I get some more feed back on the price. I'm going to leave it at $5 a pin.

Once I have enough I'll order the pins. It'll take about 2-3 weeks for manufacturing and delivery to me, I'll get them mailed out as soon as I'm able after that be it to the Regional Contact or to the Pistolero directly.

Donations??? Who is donating to this? I thought everyone was just gonna pay and a few of us would give "seed" money to get started. Of course the seed money will have to be returned!

14 hours ago, Dorado said:

Do you need a regional contact for Virginia/Mid-Atlantic area?

Thought about us poor Canucks up here, north of The Medicine Line?

1 minute ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Haven't figured out the shipping to you yet! We know yer there, we haven't forgotten about ya'll!!;)

9 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I say keep it at $5.00 each. Very inexpensive and is a fundraiser to cover extra costs that haven't been though of yet. One of those extras is the bulk mailing of pins and cards to each regional contact. They in turn will have to mail to individuals.

$5 each it is. That should be agreeable enough as is. Besides, if I didn't release the base price of the pins themselves I doubt anyone would complain.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Donations??? Who is donating to this? I thought everyone was just gonna pay and a few of us would give "seed" money to get started. Of course the seed money will have to be returned!

I have received a $100 donation from McCandless and a $50 from Pat Riot (even though he's laid up in the hospital.) I was extremely surprised to receive them. I've used a bit of it to get the welcome cards and address labels, but that was only $40 and I only did that because I left my own debit card at the house next to my computer.

3 hours ago, JohnHenryQuick said:

Do you need a regional contact for Virginia/Mid-Atlantic area?

I think I might. I had an offer for someone to take the Southeast region but I can't remember who. Virginia falls under the Mideast region. But if you could help with the South East I think we'd about be covered except for the West Region.

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

.....I always forget about you Canucks....

I'm not sure what the shipping would be for that. So I thought that I'd deal with it on a case by case basis. Or at least what I'm thinking is that once I have the pins I'll talk to the ladies at the post office and see what they'd charge. Now if one of you would like to collect Canadian orders and be our Canadian contact, That'd simplify things as well as reduce costs. Then I could send one package across and the you could distribute it from there.

Same would hold true for our other international Pistoleros. Just contact me to place the order. It'll take longer and cost a bit more but I'll get it done.

Sounds Good to me.

I might have missed it but how many will make up the "board" for us.  If we can make nominations I would say Billy Boots and Nuttin Graceful.  These 2 have done so much for the Duelist category thru the years.  I know Nuttin is having health issues but just a thought.  Im not knocking other Duelists but these 2 have shot it for the 11 years I have and I wouldn't be the shooter I am if it wasn't for these 2 and a few others.

DC

5 minutes ago, Dewey Cheatem, SASS #75620 said:

Sounds Good to me.

I might have missed it but how many will make up the "board" for us.  If we can make nominations I would say Billy Boots and Nuttin Graceful.  These 2 have done so much for the Duelist category thru the years.  I know Nuttin is having health issues but just a thought.  Im not knocking other Duelists but these 2 have shoot it for the for the 11 years I have and I wouldn't be the shooter I am if it wasn't for these 2 and a few others.

DC

I think for right now what we're doing if forgoing the board. We've about forced the "presidency" on Rye as he's the one that started all this. I'm just ramrodding it along. Later as this develops more we'll see about putting together a board or council or something.

Hmm.....I been following this thing all along, and aside from having fun giving Rye a hard time, I must admit that I am very impressed...I think your plans for a special thing for Duelists are coming along nicely, and I hope this all works out well for you....gives you a special bond with the other shooters in similar categories....you've got a great start and I'm looking forward to seeing it continue.:wub:

Of course.....yer still not gonna be as cool as the Jedi GFs....sorry!!:P

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Haven't figured out the shipping to you yet! We know yer there, we haven't forgotten about ya'll!!;)

Howdy :

I will Handle Western Canada is Ya All desire ...

Let me know , what 15 pins plus Shipping to Alberta Canada will cost ...

I will sent you the money for the 15 pins and shipping to me, and make sure they only get in the hands of Duelists and Double Duellists .... 

Don't worry Cold Lake Kid ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I Kin look after YA ...  Just come out here again :P<_<

Jabez Cowboy

1 hour ago, Dorado said:

I think I might. I had an offer for someone to take the Southeast region but I can't remember who. Virginia falls under the Mideast region. But if you could help with the South East I think we'd about be covered except for the West Region.

Sure.  The grandkids were here this week, so I haven't paid a great deal of attention - just let me know what to do and I'll get it done.

".....I always forget about you Canucks...."

Surely you'll recall John Candy warning us that they are "The Menace from the Great White North."  Maybe we should build a wall...  :P

Alright so our regional contacts will be:

Rye Miles for the Mideast and Northeast regions

Charlie T. Waite for Northwest Region if that's alright with him.

Turquoise Bill for the Four Corners Region

JohnHenryQuick will be taking the Southeast Region.

I'll take the Southwest Region and anyone that wants to contact me directly.

For Western Canada contact Jabez Cowboy

This is according to the SASS Regional Map

SactioningMap-2016.pdf

Archived