SASS Wire Forum

Calling all Pistoleros!

Dorado

I don't like PayPal but I like them for this concept. Where else would  you go or what else could you do that wouldn't put an undue burden on someone?

In my opinion I wouldn't donate leftover funds. I would leave them in the account as a head start on buying new pins or other needed fees. This way you aren't doing a "drive" every time you need funds for more pins or whatever. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pictures I've received so far by FB at Pistoleros and E-Mail at jnmcc@nc.rr.com are:

Rye Miles, Billy Boots, Doc McCandless, Whisque Lonestar, Bandera Kid, Ohio Cheatin Charlie, Charlie T Waite, Rustler, Old Dan Cotton, Brimstone Bill Willson, Gunbutcher, Nichols Creek, Tame Bill

Rye Miles.jpg

Billy Boots.jpg

Raid_on_Andersonville_001.jpg

Whisque Lonestar shoot double duelist! Cap and ball..jpg

Bandera Kid.jpg

596d65fe7ab4a_OhioCheatinCharlie.jpg.a9fa3dd90310eeebcb68ab26ef1e8acc.jpg

Charlie T Waite.jpg

Rustler 1.jpg

Old Dan Cotton.jpg

Brimstone Bill Willson.jpg

Gunbutcher 2.jpg

Nichols Creek1b.jpg

Tame Bill2 .jpg

Send 'em on in, I'll adjust them so'se they're all about the same size and post 'em here and in the The Cowboy Action Shooting Gallery

Thanks!

McC

I have never dealt with pay pal and I know nothing about it. That said, I would volunteer to send out the pins and a card to everyone in maybe let's say the Northeast Region? We could split it up among a few of us and maybe we could follow the SASS Regional Shoots map. I'm in Ohio. A padded envelope along with the pin and a introduction card would probably come to under $10.00 for the whole shebang! I've dealt with Vista-Print before for business cards and I once ordered t-shirts for our Firelands Wednesday Shoot. I think Pat Riot is right about the donation thing. We may be getting ahead of ourselves with that idea and there probably won't be a whole lot of money extra anyway! Let's just leave the money in the account for a backup for new pins.

Wyatt, we are rolling!!!:lol:

8 minutes ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

I believe there should be another option for payment beside paypal for the old dinosours like me!  I am still using a flip phone and refuse to upgrade!

You have a point there Ol' man, I agree! However, there's no other option that I can see other than opening a separate account or someone using their account! I can't use mine since I'm self employed and according to my tax lady (my sister) anything that goes in my account is income. I think we're stuck Charlie!!:lol:

I like the donation idea, that being said there is good reason to hold off on it until later down the road.  The aspect of ordering more pins, there has been talk of later getting badges or buckles.  What would be held in the account would be a good start for that.  Besides, if we really wanted to make a donation; I think all we would have to do is ask and our group would come up with some gold for a good cause.  So yes I agree we should hold off on donations for the time being and save it for later down the road.  Although I too disagree with their politics, I can use and have used PP because of the security factor.  We can also snail mail the gold to the designate who could deposit it in the PP account - simple electronic transfer that makes them readily available to pay on future orders to vendors who accept it as payment (most will if they have an online presence for the same security reasons).  

3 hours ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

I believe there should be another option for payment beside paypal for the old dinosours like me!  I am still using a flip phone and refuse to upgrade!

+1, don't do PayPal nor FB, and also have a flip phone.

4 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Why isn't mailing in a check a valid payment option?  I mean, if you don't know anyone with a paypal account, that's probably the best option for you anyway. 

Mailing a check to who?? We'd have to have someone open up an account for this specific task. I can't use my personal account, as I said I'm self employed, so it counts as income to the IRS! We could open a tax exempt account as a 501 C (or whatever the heck it is) but who wants to do it?:o

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Mailing a check to who?? We'd have to have someone open up an account for this specific task. I can't use my personal account, as I said I'm self employed, so it counts as income to the IRS! We could open a tax exempt account as a 501 C (or whatever the heck it is) but who wants to do it?:o

I really don't see where a new account is needed.  I thought someone was already setting up a paypal account.  What are they going to do with the paypal money?  Just do the exact same thing with any checks that come in.  If all else fails, a check can be sent to literally anyone with a paypal account who is willing to cash it and make a paypal payment on behalf of our honored elders. 

Are you worried about checks bouncing? Then don't make the paypal payment until it's for sure cleared.  Perhaps the answer should be for the paypal-less to find a real life friend to do it for them and then they can use cash.  If anyone who shoots with me needs this service, just send me a message. 

4 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Why isn't mailing in a check a valid payment option?  I mean, if you don't know anyone with a paypal account, that's probably the best option for you anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I was thinking of opening a paypal account just for the Pistoleros. I'd have to link it to a bank account in order to deposit money into it. Once that is done then I can accept checks and transfer that money into the account, or if someone would like to give their funds to someone with an account they could send it that way. It's essentially the same thing. I was busy this morning and wasn't able to do that. I'll get started on that now if you'd like.

11 minutes ago, Dorado said:

I was thinking of opening a paypal account just for the Pistoleros. I'd have to link it to a bank account in order to deposit money into it. Once that is done then I can accept checks and transfer that money into the account, or if someone would like to give their funds to someone with an account they could send it that way. It's essentially the same thing. I was busy this morning and wasn't able to do that. I'll get started on that now if you'd like.

Whatever's the easiest. I have never dealt with pay-pal so I don't know anything about it. I would be willing to buy or pitch in for the first order of pins to get us started. 

;) 

Alright I have a PayPal account for the Pistoleros set up. Everything short of linking it to my bank account. For some reason it doesn't like doing that. As it stands I cannot accept checks at this time. However I'm sure someone here can and could probably send the funds for anyone that needs it.

Also I have set up a Gmail account for email. I'm not going to risk posting the address but if anyone wants it contact me and I'll send it to them. The PayPal account is also linked to this email address.

How I'd like to order, once we have a price set, is that I'd have you send your funds to me with a note stating how many pins. Whenever you send money there's always a message box at the bottom. You'll need to make sure that you attach the address. If I could get some volunteers to accept orders from the different regions that'll make things much easier. Then I could send a bunch of the pins to a single address. It'd also get more eyes on the money for better transparency.

Just now, Dorado said:

Alright I have a PayPal account for the Pistoleros set up. Everything short of linking it to my bank account. For some reason it doesn't like doing that. As it stands I cannot accept checks at this time. However I'm sure someone here can and could probably send the funds for anyone that needs it.

Also I have set up a Gmail account for email. I'm not going to risk posting the address but if anyone wants it contact me and I'll send it to them. The PayPal account is also linked to this email address.

How I'd like to order, once we have a price set, is that I'd have you send your funds to me with a note stating how many pins. Whenever you send money there's always a message box at the bottom. You'll need to make sure that you attach the address. If I could get some volunteers to accept orders from the different regions that'll make things much easier. Then I could send a bunch of the pins to a single address. It'd also get more eyes on the money for better transparency.

Message sent

Alright I'm getting ready to start the pre-order. If y'all want in on it, PM me and I'll get you the email address to send your info to.

On 7/17/2017 at 8:52 AM, Dorado said:

People! People! People!

Gather 'round now and listen up!

Bright and early this morning I got an e-mail from GS-JJ.com about the lapel pins. They can do it no problem. I even got a rough "proof" of what they'd look like. I'll post it below.

596cbe6985b70_POLapelPinsForStuart0714.thumb.jpg.ece98462b118dd907292936bc2585e01.jpg

Pin Style: Custom Soft Enamel+Cutout Pins
Pin Size:1"pin                                  
Metal Finish: Gold
Attachment: One Military Clutch        
Packaging: individually polybag       
Qty:150-200pcs                                          
Total Charge:US$203.2/US$227.2
Production Time: 15 working days production+2days shipping after the proof approved.

So, What do y'all think?

Black shows better with the border however we can choose just about any color without changing cost. The pistol I had done in gold to show better against the silhouette. That can be changed just as easily as the rest.

Right now if we order 150 we'd be looking at about $1.35 each plus whatever shipping is, and if we order 200 it'd be $1.14+shipping per each.

I like it but the gold pistol seems odd to me, thinking silver might look better.

Scout

When sending a Paypal payment, if you are sending an amount above the purchase price of the pin, send it as "Friends and Family".  Otherwise there are fees deducted.

DOC MCCANDLESS!!!!!

Thank you so much for your generosity! That will get us a great headstart on this!

I told Dorado that I will be the contact for ND/SD; he said to post my info is below:

M.C. Burnside
213 Agnes St / POB 84
Berthold, ND 58718
Cell:  (701) 720-1140

I can send your checks through PayPal to the PistolerosCAS PayPal account.  Just make sure I have your contact info and the # of pins so that I can forward it on to Dorado.

Thanks Charlie. That's a big help.

I'm trying to figure out the actual price of these so that we can get this going. I'll let y'all know as soon as I can.

13 hours ago, Dorado said:

Thanks Charlie. That's a big help.

I'm trying to figure out the actual price of these so that we can get this going. I'll let y'all know as soon as I can.

Just a grumpy old man ranting against modern society.  Of course I am in and apologize for being rude.  I will figure out someway to pay.  I am not clear about ordering.  Do we 

email how many we want and them pay for them when they come in?  I guess we old folks need some clarification of the exact procedure to follow.  Please excuse me for not

being able to understand all the posts. 

12 minutes ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

Just a grumpy old man ranting against modern society.  Of course I am in and apologize for being rude.  I will figure out someway to pay.  I am not clear about ordering.  Do we 

email how many we want and them pay for them when they come in?  I guess we old folks need some clarification of the exact procedure to follow.  Please excuse me for not

being able to understand all the posts. 

Calm down, don't wanna git yer blood pressure up!! Nothing is written in stone yet. From what I understand it'll work like this: I will be taking care of the ordering for the Northeast so you send me a check and I send it to the pay pal account. There will be 4 or 5 of us assigned to different regions. I suggested we use the SASS Regional shoot map. We'll keep ya posted but NONE of this is verified yet!! Now take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning!:P

I'm currently working on the welcome card. I don't have anything like Publisher or the like so I'm having some trouble. If someone would like to help me on that, I'd appreciate it.

What I'm looking to do is have our welcome message printed on a 5X8" card that I can attach the lapel pins to.

This document is to welcome you as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to uphold the Duelist spirit and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to honor all Duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my Posse.  I will strive for excellence. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed! We are Pistoleros!

I'd like to also have our silhouette as a background just so long as the message is easily legible.

If I can get a decent card I can have 200 printed at Office Depot on card stock for about $60 or online through Vistaprint for $130.

If someone could help me with the designing that'd be a huge help.

The cards would be included in purchase of a lapel pin(s). I'd send one per order, unless the order is to one of our Regional Contacts then I'd send as many as needed.

Our Regional Contacts are Charlie T. Waite for ND/SD, Rye Miles for the Northeast, I can handle the southwest and central states, if I could get someone to help on the west coast and another on the southeast we can make easy work of this.

Dorado, Rye,

Lowest price shipping for a padded envelope up to 4 oz. is First Class mail at $2.67 ea. in the CONUS.  

It's going to be higher for our pards in HI, AK, Canada and elsewhere.

Paypal charges 3.5% of the total price including shipping for using their service, unless funds come in as "friends and family".

You'll probably need to figure this into the other costs.

Duc

Thanks for the info McCandless. I was going to check that out tomorrow. I can get padded envelopes fairly cheaply off Amazon. Once we have the card situation figured out  have  more accurate price figured out. 

What is the wording for the card, I have publisher up and running but word might be a better option for a watermark

Dorado

What is the wording for the card, I have publisher up and running but word might be a better option for a watermark, just sent you an email with an example attachment

Charlie T. Waite has offered to take the Dakotas, Nebraska, and Wyoming as well. 

We have Rye taking the Northeast.

And I'll take everything between Mississippi and Arizona and north to Colorado and Missouri. 

Need someone to help in the south east, and west coast, and possibly the great lakes states we'd about have it all covered. I can also handle Alaska and Hawaii if needed.

1 hour ago, Dorado said:

Charlie T. Waite has offered to take the Dakotas, Nebraska, and Wyoming as well. 

We have Rye taking the Northeast.

And I'll take everything between Mississippi and Arizona and north to Colorado and Missouri. 

Need someone to help in the south east, and west coast, and possibly the great lakes states we'd about have it all covered. I can also handle Alaska and Hawaii if needed.

I live in Ohio on the Great Lakes!!! I figured I would take that in the Northeast??? Hmmm...I have to look at the SASS Regional map again. That's what we're going to go by right???

http://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/SactioningMap-2016.pdf

According to this map, I'll take the Midwest Regional. I could also do the Northeast too.

Archived