SASS Wire Forum

Calling all Pistoleros!

Dorado

Looks good. Great price, I'd be in for several as I know many others will also.

I like just one color (including revolver), , personally favoring black. If border is needed then any color suits me...gold, silver, white, red, etc

Thanks 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The border is necessary. Basically they stamp out the design with a raised border then fill the inside with epoxy to color. I wanted the pistol to be visible as we are the Pistoleros. Any basic color is possible and I can get up to 4 colors at no extra charge.

One thing though. These run in batches so while I don't have a problem with someone wanting 2 or 3. Please be aware that we'd run out awfully quick doing that, unless we order closer to 300. That'd drop the per each price but raise the total price.

22 minutes ago, Dorado said:

People! People! People!

Gather 'round now and listen up!

Bright and early this morning I got an e-mail from GS-JJ.com about the lapel pins. They can do it no problem. I even got a rough "proof" of what they'd look like. I'll post it below.

596cbe6985b70_POLapelPinsForStuart0714.thumb.jpg.ece98462b118dd907292936bc2585e01.jpg

Pin Style: Custom Soft Enamel+Cutout Pins
Pin Size:1"pin                                  
Metal Finish: Gold
Attachment: One Military Clutch        
Packaging: individually polybag       
Qty:150-200pcs                                          
Total Charge:US$203.2/US$227.2
Production Time: 15 working days production+2days shipping after the proof approved.

So, What do y'all think?

Black shows better with the border however we can choose just about any color without changing cost. The pistol I had done in gold to show better against the silhouette. That can be changed just as easily as the rest.

Right now if we order 150 we'd be looking at about $1.35 each plus whatever shipping is, and if we order 200 it'd be $1.14+shipping per each.

I like it, I think the gold outline would make it stand out as well.

Hey just a random thought.

I know the price of these are really good. What do y'all think about maybe charging more for them? Hear me out. My thought is that instead of being $1.14 or so. That we raise the price to $2 or $3 each. The extra could then be donated to the SASS Scholarship or St. Jude's hospital or something like that. In this way we're not just doing something for ourselves but also to benefit others.

Completely optional though and just thinking here.

+1

20 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Charlie-Good design, I like it.

OLG

I was just liking Darodo's post with a comment

26 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Charlie-Good design, I like it.

OLG

OLG That's the official "proof" that I received from GS-JJ.com along with all of the information about it.

Just now, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Well-That's what I get for post'n BEFORE coffee........:lol:

OLG

Heresy! OMG!:o

9 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

And it's Monday too-:P

OLG

Welp, your week is sunk. Might as well do nothing.

1 hour ago, Dorado said:

The border is necessary. Basically they stamp out the design with a raised border then fill the inside with epoxy to color. I wanted the pistol to be visible as we are the Pistoleros. Any basic color is possible and I can get up to 4 colors at no extra charge.

One thing though. These run in batches so while I don't have a problem with someone wanting 2 or 3. Please be aware that we'd run out awfully quick doing that, unless we order closer to 300. That'd drop the per each price but raise the total price.

Limit quantity to one or two for first order would work for most I feel.

Charge more...and as mentioned in another post, some amount could go to SASS scholarship fund.

1 hour ago, Dorado said:

I know the price of these are really good. What do y'all think about maybe charging more for them? Hear me out. My thought is that instead of being $1.14 or so. That we raise the price to $2 or $3 each. The extra could then be donated to the SASS Scholarship or St. Jude's hospital or something like that. In this way we're not just doing something for ourselves but also to benefit others.

I'd go along with that in a heartbeat. 

4 hours ago, Dorado said:

People! People! People!

Gather 'round now and listen up!

Bright and early this morning I got an e-mail from GS-JJ.com about the lapel pins. They can do it no problem. I even got a rough "proof" of what they'd look like. I'll post it below.

596cbe6985b70_POLapelPinsForStuart0714.thumb.jpg.ece98462b118dd907292936bc2585e01.jpg

Pin Style: Custom Soft Enamel+Cutout Pins
Pin Size:1"pin                                  
Metal Finish: Gold
Attachment: One Military Clutch        
Packaging: individually polybag       
Qty:150-200pcs                                          
Total Charge:US$203.2/US$227.2
Production Time: 15 working days production+2days shipping after the proof approved.

So, What do y'all think?

Black shows better with the border however we can choose just about any color without changing cost. The pistol I had done in gold to show better against the silhouette. That can be changed just as easily as the rest.

Right now if we order 150 we'd be looking at about $1.35 each plus whatever shipping is, and if we order 200 it'd be $1.14+shipping per each.

That's a keeper!

4 hours ago, Dorado said:

That's a great idea. Okay now the financial details. I can't accept money in my account since I'm self employed and any checks I get deposited or cashed is considered income. A good idea would be to open a 501 C (or whatever they call it) in the name of the Pistoleros. We would need at least 2 or 3 names on the account. If someone wants to use their own personal account that's fine. What do you Pistoleros think?? Any ideas??

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's a great idea. Okay now the financial details. I can't accept money in my account since I'm self employed and any checks I get deposited or cashed is considered income. A good idea would be to open a 501 C (or whatever they call it) in the name of the Pistoleros. We would need at least 2 or 3 names on the account. If someone wants to use their own personal account that's fine. What do you Pistoleros think?? Any ideas??

I was thinking of starting up a separate PayPal account for this. Something that we can send our payment to as well as collect any donations or anything like that. I checked and GS-JJ.com does accept PayPal so that's not an issue.

How does that sound?

10 minutes ago, Dorado said:

I was thinking of starting up a separate PayPal account for this. Something that we can send our payment to as well as collect any donations or anything like that. I checked and GS-JJ.com does accept PayPal so that's not an issue.

How does that sound?

I obviously don't like PayPal's politics but they are convenient, secure and at this time they're about the only game in town.  So I'd go for that.

1 minute ago, Shooting Bull said:

I obviously don't like PayPal's politics but they are convenient, secure and at this time they're about the only game in town.  So I'd go for that.

I don't like their politics either but when it comes to online shopping, it's hard to beat their security and convenience. What I'm thinking is that I could set up an account just for the Pistoleros and let people send their money there. Then once the pins are sold then if we're doing the donation thing we can then donate the excess funds as the Pistoleros.

Way I see this working is that once we have someone designated to take orders for the pins, they can send the invoice with the PP address to the buyer, then once funds are confirmed then they'd send out the pins. Once all pins are sold then we donate the remainder to the SASS Scholarship or some other worthy cause.

Just now, Shooting Bull said:

You should start a poll B)

Lord.......

Shoot me now!

That can wait for now. I'm starting to regret proposing that idea.

6 hours ago, Dorado said:

I like $3.00 a piece. Remember that we have to pay postage/packaging to send them out to everyone so it may need to be more to cover those costs. If one or more shooters / clubs can combine orders it would save a lot of work packaging them up.

After 60 or 90 days then place the order. It would be best if extras were purchased because once people see them more will be wanted.

Take whatever excess is left and let the people that do all the work of sending them out decide what to do with the excess funds. I guarantee it will not even begin to cover the time and effort required to send these out.

This ensure several things.

1. We get a really good price because of bulk purchasing

2. You have sufficient funds up front to cover postage and packaging.

3. People that want multiples get to buy them.

4. People know the total cost up front. This will require research as to what a small padded envelope will cost plus the postage.

Downside

1. One or more shooters are in for a lot of work packaging and addressing. The work can be spread out by having 1 POC for each SASS region handle that regions orders.

2. Someone will have to maintain the inventory of the extras that were purchased.

My 10 cents worth

1 minute ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I like $3.00 a piece. Remember that we have to pay postage/packaging to send them out to everyone so it may need to be more to cover those costs. If one or more shooters / clubs can combine orders it would save a lot of work packaging them up.

Then place the order. It would be best if extras were purchased because once people see them more will be wanted.

Take whatever excess is left and let the people that do all the work of sending them out decide what to do with the excess funds. I guarantee it will not even begin to cover the time and effort required to send these out.

This ensure several things.

1. We get a really good price because of bulk purchasing

2. You have sufficient funds up front to cover postage and packaging.

3. People that want multiples get to buy them.

4. People know the total cost up front. This will require research as to what a small padded envelope will cost plus the postage.

Downside

1. One or more shooters are in for a lot of work packaging and addressing. The work can be spread out by having 1 POC for each SASS region handle that regions orders.

2. Someone will have to maintain the inventory of the extras that were purchased.

My 10 cents worth

I nominate Sedalia Dave as our Treasurer and secretary of inventory.

Those are very good ideas. I'm thinking that 200 may not last long as people get interested in this and I'm starting to think of all of the people that want multiples. It may be better to order more. Then again that's extra cost up front that we may not need at this time. We can certainly start with 200 and if we need more then we can order appropriately.

Having a few extra people to handle orders would be extremely helpful. We could have them collect the payment as well and send it to the central account. I'll look into what padded envelops would cost as well as the welcome card that Rye wanted to send along. From the looks of things though, for a 4x8" welcome card we'd be looking at $1 each through Vistaprint.

5 minutes ago, Dorado said:

I nominate Sedalia Dave as our Treasurer and secretary of inventory.

Those are very good ideas. I'm thinking that 200 may not last long as people get interested in this and I'm starting to think of all of the people that want multiples. It may be better to order more. Then again that's extra cost up front that we may not need at this time. We can certainly start with 200 and if we need more then we can order appropriately.

Having a few extra people to handle orders would be extremely helpful. We could have them collect the payment as well and send it to the central account. I'll look into what padded envelops would cost as well as the welcome card that Rye wanted to send along. From the looks of things though, for a 4x8" welcome card we'd be looking at $1 each through Vistaprint.

I updated my post to reflect having an initial ordering period of 60 or 90 days. That way you have the money for the initial order up front. Also no guessing as to how many to order.

I can deal w/PP

1 hour ago, Dorado said:

I don't like their politics either but when it comes to online shopping, it's hard to beat their security and convenience. What I'm thinking is that I could set up an account just for the Pistoleros and let people send their money there. Then once the pins are sold then if we're doing the donation thing we can then donate the excess funds as the Pistoleros.

Way I see this working is that once we have someone designated to take orders for the pins, they can send the invoice with the PP address to the buyer, then once funds are confirmed then they'd send out the pins. Once all pins are sold then we donate the remainder to the SASS Scholarship or some other worthy cause.

As the group grows it would become an ongoing thing

21 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I updated my post to reflect having an initial ordering period of 60 or 90 days. That way you have the money for the initial order up front. Also no guessing as to how many to order.

That's not a bad idea there. We were thinking of doing a pre-order that way we'd know exactly what the minimum should be then order extras on top of that.

I suppose what I could do is have people message their order to me. I could then get a count of how many is necessary and then order based off of that + extras. A pre-order would also cover the initial costs removing the need to reimburse someone. From there I'd need some help with distribution. I could easily send them in regular mail.

Hmm....I'm thinking that'd be the way to go. Let me talk to few people before proceeding with this. Give me a day or so and I'll get back on that.

18 minutes ago, Brimstone Bill Willson said:

Count me in.  I submit my qualifications as never having shot a SASS match other than duelist.

Fire and Brimstone at night.jpg

Yup, qualified you are. You're more than welcome to join once we get to that point.

Plan so far is to have a card, maybe 4x8", and attach the pin(s) to it. It'd be a simple card I'm thinking with our silhouette in the background and the following printed on it.

This document is to welcome you as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to uphold the Duelist spirit and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to honor all Duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my Posse.  I will strive for excellence. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed! We are Pistoleros!

We'd use standard mail, and padded envelops. I'll see what they'd cost. This would all have to be included in the price.

Archived