SASS Wire Forum

Calling all Pistoleros!

Dorado

People! People! People!

As the other thread (Duelists unite!!!) is getting to be a bit long winded I thought we should start a new one to recap what's going on and what not.

What's happening:

1. Rye wanted to make a club like what the gunfighters have in the JEDI. We are working towards that end. After some discussion we had some voting on a couple of topics and we'll continue them below.
  2. We have decided that anyone that shoots in a duelist category can join on the premise that they continue to do so. Eventually I'd like to get some belt buckles for Pistoleros that stand out either in competition or in the cowboy way.
  3. First poll was to decide what we'd call ourselves. We had several options but one won out. That is Pistoleros. It even comes with it's own theme song sung by none other than Roy Orbison.
  4. Last poll was to decide what we'd do about a lapel pin to identify and advertise the club. Votes came in and the silhouette won. 6d1b216cfd954ff4cb0db8af54639c3b--cameo-

Below I'd like to continue the discussion and see about getting a creed written. Something simple would suffice.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In order to move things along, one thing that Rye mentioned he'd like to get a creed or a simple "Code of Conduct" for us. I personally think that's a great idea. If y'all have any ideas about that please post them below and we'll see about compiling them into something coherent.

Pistoleros.

The silhouette.

Nice.

I like. 

Enjoying this. 

:D

Glad you like it Dantankerous!

This is very classy. Unique and subtle, but speaks to the viewer. Well chosen!

6d1b216cfd954ff4cb0db8af54639c3b--cameo-cutter-shooting-guns.jpg.bd50953f4b9e90094eeddc2b0a15d04d.jpg

I'll give some thought to ideas for the creed. 

B)

5 hours ago, Dorado said:

In order to move things along, one thing that Rye mentioned he'd like to get a creed or a simple "Code of Conduct" for us. I personally think that's a great idea. If y'all have any ideas about that please post them below and we'll see about compiling them into something coherent.

I'm working on the wording of a "code of conduct" and a welcome to the "Pistoleros" much like what you get when you join SASS and register your alias.

Anyone have any ideas, let 'em flow!!!

Here's a really rough idea of what I'd like it to say, it's a ROUGH draft!!

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a member you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot in nothing but Duelist catgeories, which include, Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed!

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm working on the wording of a "code of conduct" and a welcome to the "Pistoleros" much like what you get when you join SASS and register your alias.

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a member you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot in nothing but Duelist catgeories, which include, Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot one handed!

I like it so far!

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot in nothing but Duelist categories, which include, Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. As a Pistolero are a representative of the Pistoleros and must act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed!

Or something like that.

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a member you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot in nothing but Duelist catgeories, which include, Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot one handed!

Shouldn't the end of the last sentence be "We will not shoot "two" handed?

4 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! I didn't catch that the first time I read it!

Dang squaw grippers must have changed that!

43 minutes ago, Dorado said:

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot in nothing but Duelist categories, which include, Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. As a Pistolero are a representative of the Pistoleros and must act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed!

Or something like that.

Dorado,

Great recap. Thanks to you, Rye Miles, Shooting Bull, Pecos Nick et al.......... Keep ramrodding this concept. You have my support. Let me know where I can chip in 

Regards 

Capt R Hugh Kidnme

55 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Rye,  Could we change this to - "I promise as a Pistolero to shoot in perdominently Duelist catgeories".... as I can see times when someone might be bumped from one of these because of not enough registared competitors and moved to another catagory, I have had it happen to me and was moved to an age based catagory.  With the current wording, if I would shoot in that age-based category because I was bumped then I would not be following our guidelines.

Just a thought

5 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

What does ..."we will not be pawed at..." mean?

Not having to be told to do posse duties, etc. that sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Rye,  Could we change this to - "I promise as a Pistolero to shoot in perdominently Duelist catgeories".... as I can see times when someone might be bumped from one of these because of not enough registared competitors and moved to another catagory, I have had it happen to me and was moved to an age based catagory.  With the current wording, if I would shoot in that age-based category because I was bumped then I would not be following our guidelines.

Just a thought

That doesn't count as that can't be helped. You should still shoot as a duelist though. I see where you're coming from though.

Thanks Dorodo, I only brought it up because last year I registared in a state match as FCD but since I was the only one and they had 2 Frontiersman they put us all in as Frontier Cartridge, another time I was moved to Senior, so I just wanted to ensure that we would still be in good standing if that happened.

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which include, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed!

1. I have shot only as a duelist for at least one year
  2. I will continue to shoot only as a duelist
  3. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my posse
  4. I will strive for excellence
  5. I will assist other and future duelists

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Huh?

2 minutes ago, Dorado said:

This document welcomes _________ as a member in good standing in the Pistoleros. As a Pistolero you are required to have shot duelist for at least one year and promise to promote the art of one handed shooting to all shooters new and seasoned. I promise as a Pistolero to shoot only as a Duelist, which include, Duelist, Double Duelist, Senior Duelist, Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Classic Cowboy and any other duelist categories that are accepted by SASS. As a Pistolero I am a representative of the Pistoleros and will act in honor and in line with the Cowboy Way. We will not be pawed at and we will not shoot two handed!

1. I have shot only as a duelist for at least one year
  2. I will continue to shoot only as a duelist
  3. I will do my duties as a Pistolero within my posse
  4. I will strive for excellence
  5. I will assist other and future duelists

+1, I like it

2 minutes ago, McCandless said:

Huh?

typo. I fixed it though. Them danged Squaw Grippers got him.

1 hour ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Isn't that what I said??? Do you mean the word two in italics??? "Two" ?????

Someone sent me an email and suggested that the image of the shooter is male and we may be leaving out the ladies!!! Never thought of that! 

Don't we all want as many Lady Duelists as possible?????:wub:

Hmmm......now what????:o A male and female pin??? Or.....maybe we should rethink this image and come up with something more "gender neutral"????:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Someone sent me an email and suggested that the image of the shooter is male and we may be leaving out the ladies!!! Never thought of that! 

Hmmm......now what????:o

YES we do! -That is the 'why' I voted for the pistol image. ;)

OLG

4 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Well... there's always this?

Pistolero.jpg

7 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Isn't that what I said??? Do you mean the word two in italics??? "Two" ?????

Go check your first draft. It says "We will not shoot one handed". I didn't catch that the first couple of times as I was thinking about the first part of it all.

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ladies are always welcome and encouraged to join. Maybe we could have a pink hat version of the pin for them.

If you consider this silhouette as if it's a shooter on the line and you are behind them as a spotter, this could easily be a man or a woman.

For all we know, this slim shooter could be Miss Alli and could even be shooting in a skirt.  By the time the image becomes part of a badge it will be much, much, smaller and even harder to distinguish as either sex.

pistolero 1.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and GUESS any and all ladies of SASS aren't the kind of hyper-sensitive snowflakes that would care if the symbol was male or female.  They're like us, they want to come out and have great fun with great people.  Maybe we should start a poll. :P

Pistoleros, because anybody can do it with two hands. :D

No more polls for a while please....

1 minute ago, Dorado said:

No more polls for a while please....

It's good as it is.  Not a whole lot of us are quite the same shape as this silhouette :blush: 

1 minute ago, McCandless said:

It's good as it is.  Not a whole lot of us are quite the same shape as this silhouette :blush: 

I stopped looking like that when I left high school and went to college.....

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Pistoleros-The others wish they were us ....

Pistoleros-The best of cowboy action ....

Pistoleros-Because even Gunfighters need heroes ....

OLG

Love that last one!!

Archived