SASS Wire Forum

First clean match!

I've been playin' this here game since 2004, and the closest I've ever come to a clean match was a 4 stage warm-up a few years ago. Until this past Saturday! I finally managed to slow my trigger finger down just that tiniest little skosh that let me get the front sight on the target before the bullet started downrange! I know, I know, if yer shootin' clean ya ain't shootin' fast enough, and I keep tellin' Shot Z Lady that front sights are overrated, but this time I managed to put a whole match together and I'm braggin'! :D

congrats!!!! i shot my first clean match back in april...

it was also only my second match ever and the first match i shot without using borrowed guns... (my clean match coin is in my profile pic)

Good on ya ! That's a match to remember.  :)

My wife and I both shot our 1st clean matches on the same day. I've shot 4 more and several with 1 miss. Love to hear that "spotters say clean."

That's somethin' worth braggin' about!

Congratulations!

May you have many more!

--Dawg

That's awesome, congrats!!! Good job pard!!

Congratulations!  I've had two... but I do say clean matches are overrated!  My first clean match was Ides of March 2 years ago in Florida. I was trying not to think about it and my hubby came to watch the last stage .. he said, "if it takes you 3 minutes to hit all the targets, that's ok!  Just hit them all!"  No pressure! :D

Happy for you!!

Scarlett

You're in high cotton now cowboy!

Congratulations on a major milestone in this sport/hobby/obsession

there is only one Top Gun but everyone has a real chance at shooting clean

wonder if the Stealth Bullet Shooting Society is still operating???  You could get your OGB now

Congrats!

I drill out the primer pocket on a case from the match, string it on a saddle string and hang it from my cart. I have 7 now I think, including two 45-70 cases from Cody Dixon Matches. I'm hoping to hang a 45ACP on there after my next WB match!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, all. Sorry I haven't answered sooner, I've been really, really busy since I retired...

Charlie...yeehaw and congratulations...it is a great feeling...my pals accused me of paying off the spotters....Jim

Congratulations Charlie MacNeill that's great. Tell Shot Z Lady & Grandpa we said hello.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

• 2 weeks later...

Well done!

the first one is the hardest.

i hope you have many more.

AD

Archived