SASS Wire Forum

WTB Damascus Screw Driver

I'm looking for a screw driver that is made from Damascus steel.  Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

Thank you,

Dabster Dave

A knifemaker who creates the steel and makes Damascus knives, I imagine.  Shouldn't be too tough to find.  Try eBay....a lot of knifemakers sell their custom knives there....used to, anyway.

EDIT:

May not be much of a screwdriver, as the steel components will be of varying hardness.  Maybe you know that and the screwdriver is for decorative purposes only?  Anyway, I hope you find someone to do it for you.

Yea Cat that's what I thought, but can't find one anywhere.  Checked EBay, Google, etc...

No luck yet.

Wife said I need a $100 screw knife like I need a whole in the head, witch she was more than willing to oblige.  Are there any used ones, "cheaper" ones out there?

First, a screw knife is not a screw driver.  It is great for emergencies but not for use as a firearms screwdriver.  They are all hand made so cheap is in the eye of the beholder.  If you want a used one change you post to a WTB (want to buy) a damascus screw knife and you might get some replies.

20 hours ago, Dabster Dave said:

Wife said I need a $100 screw knife like I need a whole in the head, witch she was more than willing to oblige.  Are there any used ones, "cheaper" ones out there?

I think i married her sister.

howdy..

I may be a bit later but I can make you a pattern welded turnscrew..and there will be no soft spots in it either...I use all hardenable material (except for the occasional meteorite that I throw in every now and then for grins and giggles.).  If your interested let me know... I hate to say this cause itr sounds like bragging but I literally wrote the books on pattern welding..

C.J.

Archived