SASS Wire Forum

operation smile charity shoot....Success !!!

evil dogooder

3 hours ago, Jackpine Bill said:

Thanks again Knarley and Wronggun.  Way to go. You guys have been at the lead in supporting this cause since day one.  You both rock.

40 Chev, Thank you for joining the cause and the fun.  As far as the bet, I think it is only fair to advise that you need to clarify your bet.  This match offers the option, as another way to raise some funds for the great cause, to buy back your misses.  Now Evil can shoot as fast as anyone I have ever seen.  His problem is shooting and actually hitting something; no, hitting anything!!!  So if your bet is for actual score, you have a pretty safe bet.  If the bet is for time, after buying back misses, you are on the wrong side of the odds.  

Just one other thought.  I am not sure how the buy back of misses is set up, but if it per miss and Evil is buying his back at a dollar a miss, we could be raising another thousand dollars!!  See you in the morning, my fellow sweet Amigo.

Jackpine

Real time, real scores, penalties assessed  - I've watched him plow dirt real fast too often to go any other way.  Haven't seen any takers yet though.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the by - I've somewhere seen an 8am starting time posted.  I don't even get to sleep by then - are we starting at the usual time of meeting at 9:30?

And - all things being otherwise unequal - will there be a wet corset contest afterwards??

7 hours ago, 40Chev said:

By the by - I've somewhere seen an 8am starting time posted.  I don't even get to sleep by then - are we starting at the usual time of meeting at 9:30?

And - all things being otherwise unequal - will there be a wet corset contest afterwards??

EVEN if they wanted to start that early, getting the three amigos dressed ( which will be like herding cats), a normal start time would be a feat unto it's self.

See ya there, yes an EMT............... WILL be on duty!!

Knarley

14 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

Bill it looks like the guys bought me so i don't need to worry about a dress.. Guess it's just you and delivered as saloon girls

k gH

13 hours ago, Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L said:

Yeah, let me know how that works out for you Evil.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Ok the shoot is done. Time to be a little serious.

I caught a lot of flak for doing this. Why would i humiliate myself like this. Embarrassing myself and my family. I must be messed in the head.  Things a lot worse too.

Here is my response. Yes i wore a skirt for eight hours today while we shot the match. I was laughed at teased and embarrassed a little. Stared at

The kids we will be helping get this every day of their life. They say that the surgery realistically doubles the life expectancy of the child. In itself 8 hours of my discomfort would be worth it to know i helped one child live years longer.

Our goal at the begining was to raise $2500. To pay for 10 surgeries.  Ten lives helped. It was a very daunting goal. But with the sass community, folks from many walks of life. From different states helped us raise more than we could ever hope for.

the final tally isn't yet done but it looks like we doubled that. So far over $4000 was raised without adding all the donated silent auction items. 

18+ lives changed .  

it really puts things in perspective. Every morning i look at my children and thank the Lord for my blessings. We take so much for granted. 

Anyway I'm not very good at speaches or talking in general so I'll end this with a sincere thank you to all that helped and donated.

respectfully

evil dogooder

One must really take their hat off to the "Three Amigos". Talk about sportsmanship, "The Cowboy Way", and just plain old doing what needs to be done to  help some one out.

With out regard for "What other people think". I know I'm damn proud to shoot with these guys, and to be associated with folks who will do what it takes to help other people out, I am honored.

Knarley

Howdy! Delivered, here!  Words cannot express how thankful I am that Swegian Lady, Grey Fox Jay, Bucksanna, Knarley Bob and Wronggun stepped up and bid like true believers AND saw fit to dress me as a Padre. Monk, or whatever people thought I was (more on that, later), instead of the soiled doves my brethren so good-naturedly played the part for the fun of it ( and it WAS FUN!).  Truth be told, it was the right choice because Evil Dogooder and Jackpine Bill could not be out-done as enthusiastic supporters of this charity shoot for Operation Smile, not due to their oddly natural (or should I say, "unnatural", or "supernatural"?) portrayal of their costume character, but for their real character as true givers of themselves for others less fortunate.  To be aligned with them is more than an honor.  To be a part of this community is equally so.  

I'll add my personal thanks to all of the cowboy shooters who participated and bid on the Three Amigo Gunfighters, bought raffle tickets, donated auction items, ran the shoot and did all the things that need to be done to do something like this.  This community ROCKS! I told Amen Straight a few years ago that I have never been welcomed into a group as genuinely and naturally as with cowboy shooters.  Trust me, I've spent a lot of time around church communities and they could take a lesson from this group. When Amen Straight took a call from me and invited me to shoot at his cost and with his equipment and shot the first time, I was hooked because of the people even more than the fun of the sport.  

Amen Straight, who came up with this charity shoot for Operation Smile, continues to amaze me as a dear friend, brother in Christ and helper of others, all while facing a mountainous challenge of his own.  He deserves untold thanks for this great event and I thank God that I get to be his friend.  I bet you do, too.  So, if you are the praying sort, join me every day in remembering Amen in yours, please.

Now you've figured out why I don't get on the wire -- too wordy, for sure. Thanks for staying with this.  Only one more thing, about the (more on that later) from above: My wife saw one of the photos of the Three Amigo Gunfighters in costume and said, "You look like my Grandma!".  Well, her Gramdma has been gone for ten years, and was almost 101 years old when she went home!  So, it appears, Jackpine Bill, that somehow, in that get-up, defying all nature, you look younger than me! Yikes!

God bless you all and happy trails!

Delivered

SASS # 95362

23 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

Ok the shoot is done. Time to be a little serious.

I caught a lot of flak for doing this. Why would i humiliate myself like this. Embarrassing myself and my family. I must be messed in the head.  Things a lot worse too.

Here is my response. Yes i wore a skirt for eight hours today while we shot the match. I was laughed at teased and embarrassed a little. Stared at

The kids we will be helping get this every day of their life. They say that the surgery realistically doubles the life expectancy of the child. In itself 8 hours of my discomfort would be worth it to know i helped one child live years longer.

Our goal at the begining was to raise $2500. To pay for 10 surgeries.  Ten lives helped. It was a very daunting goal. But with the sass community, folks from many walks of life. From different states helped us raise more than we could ever hope for.

the final tally isn't yet done but it looks like we doubled that. So far over $4000 was raised without adding all the donated silent auction items. 

18+ lives changed .  

it really puts things in perspective. Every morning i look at my children and thank the Lord for my blessings. We take so much for granted. 

Anyway I'm not very good at speaches or talking in general so I'll end this with a sincere thank you to all that helped and donated.

respectfully

evil dogooder

You, Bill and Delivered put your hearts into it.  You did a good thing.  It was fun and for a worthwhile cause.

On 7/29/2017 at 1:15 PM, Medicine Creek Johnny said:

I dont think I'll ever be able to unsee that picture. I may be scared for life

me too!!!!  don't think there's enuff brain bleach in Ohio fer that......

seriously tho, I think it's a great thing you all did for a really good cause.....

I'z rite proud of ya lil brother....or iz that lil sister???  nice legs there Critter.....:blink::blink:

My apologies for being so slow in following up.  I had my kids and grandkids here for the week, so I missed the day with them on Saturday and had to make it up yesterday, the last day they were here.  (they did come over to see a little of the goings on Saturday.....not sure what the grandkids will tell their friends about their grandpa, or if they will just keep it their secret!)

Anyway, I think Evil and Delivered have done a good job of summing up the positives of the event.  Thank you Evil and Delivered.  When I talked to into being part of the Three Amigos, I know you did not realize what you were in for, but you were magnificent. Thank you Amen Straight for hatching this grand idea.  Your faith, attitude and accomplishments are an inspiration. Thanks to Timber Jack and Willow and all of the Granite City Gunslingers for all the work that you did.  And finally thanks to all who joined in, especially those who contributed, even tho they were not able to attend, helping to make the Smile shoot such a great success.  I had heard of this Operation Smile organization, but never really thought about what they really did, but having learned more, I know that what will be accomplished with the gifts, which you wonderful folks have made, will change lives in ways that are hard to even comprehend by us being fortunate enough to be here in the great USA

The total tally is still being done and I think we still have some donations coming in, but there will be a final tally posted sometime soon.

Once again, a HUGE thank you to all,

Jackpine Bill

Jackpine, Delivered, Evil:  You guys are the greatest!!  You were willing to put yourselves up to a great deal of teasing for a charity event.  Each of you played it to the hilt.  You are all to be commended for allowing yourselves to be the butt of jokes for a good cause.  I'm sure everyone enjoyed the shooting, the joking, the lunch & the donating.  You emulate the Cowboy Way. 

Hats off to Amen Straight & all the GCG folks who put on the shoot. 

5 minutes ago, Zeb Gray, #36839 said:

Jackpine, Delivered, Evil:  You guys are the greatest!!  You were willing to put yourselves up to a great deal of teasing for a charity event.  Each of you played it to the hilt.  You are all to be commended for allowing yourselves to be the butt of jokes for a good cause.  I'm sure everyone enjoyed the shooting, the joking, the lunch & the donating.  You emulate the Cowboy Way. 

Hats off to Amen Straight & all the GCG folks who put on the shoot. 

+1000

We have passed the $5600 Mark with donations still trickling in..

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!

On 7/1/2017 at 10:09 PM, evil dogooder said:

The last weekend in july the Granite City Gunslingers based out of kimball mn is hosting a charity match for operation smile.

This is one of our specialty shoots not a regular monthly.  

That being said we will be doing a lot of unusuall things to raise funds...  

For a small fee you can purchase misses to retain a clean shoot.  Not to mention names but some use this feature well!

There will be items to raffle off 

Free  Shoots and items a cowboy could use.

The world record stage will be set up with cameras. A dollar a try and if you set the record we will send the video off for you. 

Also the three gunfighting amgios, jackpine bill, delivered and myself will be auctioned off at highest bid. The buyer will get to use either their own time or ours which ever is faster. the winning bidder gets to decide how we dress... Word is hale hot mary is raising funds to see jackipine in a corsett. So please outbid her... We DO NOT need to see that.  

All funds raised for this shoot will be going to the charity. The goal is to help 10 kids.  The host club, kimball rod and gun is also donating their funds to the match.

This match is sponcered by amen staight. A great man and sass pard  Who has been fighting cancer for the last three years.  So if for nothing else i beg you to come in support of a man who has inspired many. Operation smile means a lot to him and he means a lot to us. 

Please consider it if you are in the area.

Very cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived