SASS Wire Forum

More Idiocy Courtesy of the CA Legislature

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/opinion/7155799-181/pd-editorial-california-steps-in

"UC allocated $5 million over five years, which will help underwrite the work of Garen Wintemute,"

So, he spends maybe $30,000 to pay a few grad students to collect information, then a few thousand more for some fancy paper and publishing, and pockets the rest. Nice way to fleece the taxpayers.

Gotta love it when the PD says "academic research is not going to infringe on a gun owners rights"

I would like to see where a liberal rag/institution/agency has ever done research that did NOT infringe on someones rights.

This guys main claim to fame seems to be that his research led to bans on TOY guns and the closure of several makers of "Saturday night specials, low cost guns that are frequently used in crime" yet those are not considered infringements.

Angrily

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

PS you are not allowed to post or even read the comments to this story in the PD unless you are a registered subscriber. So much for "tolerance and diversity":angry:

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Gotta love it when the PD says "academic research is not going to infringe on a gun owners rights"

I would like to see where a liberal rag/institution/agency has ever done research that did NOT infringe on someones rights.

This guys main claim to fame seems to be that his research led to bans on TOY guns and the closure of several makers of "Saturday night specials, low cost guns that are frequently used in crime" yet those are not considered infringements.

Angrily

Gateway Kid

PS you are not allowed to post or even read the comments to this story in the PD unless you are a registered subscriber. So much for "tolerance and diversity":angry:

Leave your comments in the 'comments' section.  

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Leave your comments in the 'comments' section.  

Would love to but I am not a registered subscriber and thus prohibited.

When you go to "comments" I get a message "you must be a registered subscriber to post or read comments"

I would rather not subscribe simply to read someone elses opinion nor do I want to give even the appearance of supporting a rag like the PD by letting them use my info to pad their subscriber numbers.

Regards

Gateway Kid

Archived