SASS Wire Forum

2018 Nebraska State Championship

StirrupTrouble

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

Application in mailbox. Looking forward to it. First time shooting in Nebraska. Going to be fun with all them Classic Cowboys there!!!!    Btt

Oh Boy!! HUD is coming to play cowboy with us!  B) Great to hear your making the trip Partner!

For those that are coming, I got the official word today that Work N Ranch will be there! Bring your wallets

On 1/5/2018 at 11:16 AM, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

Application in mailbox. Looking forward to it. First time shooting in Nebraska. Going to be fun with all them Classic Cowboys there!!!!    Btt

Excellent!

Looking forward to seeing you again, HUD.

:D

21 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

For those that are coming, I got the official word today that Work N Ranch will be there! Bring your wallets

Spend that money!

I always do. jess cain't not hep it thar.

We are processing the latest batch of entries now, but we are now up to 75 shooters registered from 12 states! Thanks to everyone that is taking their time to come

As mentioned before, our slots with hookups are long reserved, but if anyone needs or would like hookups instead of dry camping, we received a call from the Nebraska State Fair campground. Normally they are not open to the public at that time of the year, but they are offering up to 20 slots to our shooters at $40/night. This includes water and electric hookups (I am not sure on sewer), and they also have a shower house for use. For further info and to reserve, they can be contacted at 402-760-0625

We are now at almost 90 shooters. I will be processing entries this weekend. Thank you to all that are coming

BREAKING NEWS on the 2018 Nebraska State SASS Championship! Your response has been overwhelming and we are already at 90% of the original shooter limit. After speaking with the park superintendent today, we have decided to increase the limit of shooters to 125. This first year, once we either hit 125 or March 1, entries will be cut off. With the new limit, we are now 37 shooters away from a sellout. Thank you for your support

1 hour ago, Tucker McNeely said:

Great news!  It is good to hear the park management is supportive.

Definitely. I told him today if we raised it we would need additional help and he offered me staff help with no hesitation. 3 Gun is where they make their money, but he wants to see the cowboys come back and do well. 

3 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

BREAKING NEWS on the 2018 Nebraska State SASS Championship! Your response has been overwhelming and we are already at 90% of the original shooter limit. After speaking with the park superintendent today, we have decided to increase the limit of shooters to 125. This first year, once we either hit 125 or March 1, entries will be cut off. With the new limit, we are now 37 shooters away from a sellout. Thank you for your support

That is awesome pard!

For those that are considering coming to the 2018 Nebraska State SASS Championship, I learned this afternoon that HatsbyGrizz-MadewithJoy is making a very generous donation. If their work schedule allows, they will be on site as a vendor, but either way, they are donating a coupon for a new custom made hat for one person. This is a $150 value! As someone who owns a Grizz hat, I can say it is the most comfortable cowboy hat I have ever owned, and it gets more comfortable the more that I wear it.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HatsByGrizz

Lil Grizz (no relation) makes awesome hats that are reasonably prices compared to some custom makers.  I've been drooling over them for years and finally pulled the trigger and ordered one a few weeks ago to celebrate getting my new knee.

But of course I'd love to win the one being given away at this match!  A cowboy can never have too many hats!  Kinda like guns!

I sure am looking forward to this match, ol' Stirrup works his butt off to make sure every shooter has an awesome time!

19 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

For those that are considering coming to the 2018 Nebraska State SASS Championship, I learned this afternoon that HatsbyGrizz-MadewithJoy is making a very generous donation. If their work schedule allows, they will be on site as a vendor, but either way, they are donating a coupon for a new custom made hat for one person. This is a $150 value! As someone who owns a Grizz hat, I can say it is the most comfortable cowboy hat I have ever owned, and it gets more comfortable the more that I wear it.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HatsByGrizz

Wow that's awesome!!

I just heard on the grapevine that there are ONLY 30 spots left for this match, even with the shooter limit increased!  And only 5 weeks or so to the cutoff for entries.

Get those entries in folks, you don't want to miss this shindig!  It's gonna be a whole lot of hoots and even more hollars!

Got my hotel booked the other day, now I need to load ammo and keep rehabbing my knee so I'll be ready.

Hope to see you all there!

4 hours ago, Tucker McNeely said:

So I understand Ariel is going to there to set up her kisses booth for Major, but will there be a bullet vendor?

A reloading component vendor is planning on being there, Hats by Grizz is a maybe, Work N Ranch is a yes, at least one leather vendor is a yes, and a local gunshop is a yes

Medicine Creek Johnny will not be setting up, but he always brings boxes of bullets on the range to matches. He will be there that weekend as well

2 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

Medicine Creek Johnny will not be setting up, but he always brings boxes of bullets on the range to matches. He will be there that weekend as well

I'm sure that he pulls all of the misses out and sells to me,  the rest should all be good :)

Volga Vigilante

I should have an updated list from the park, but we are very close to breaking 100 shooters. Thanks to all that are coming

Who's Coming list has been updated on our website. Inching closer to a sellout, and entry cutoff is 3/1. The response has been overwhelming. Thank you

Finished loading my ammo for the match yesterday!  Didn't want to wait til the last minute and have to rush.

This is gonna be an awesome match folks!  I think I've been to every annual that ol' Stirrup has been match director for, and all have been great, and gotten better each year.

Get those entries in, you don't want to miss out on the fun!

22 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Finished loading my ammo for the match yesterday!  Didn't want to wait til the last minute and have to rush.

This is gonna be an awesome match folks!  I think I've been to every annual that ol' Stirrup has been match director for, and all have been great, and gotten better each year.

Get those entries in, you don't want to miss out on the fun!

I need to get on the ball and get things loaded up too.

Archived