SASS Wire Forum

2018 Nebraska State Championship

StirrupTrouble

For those that are coming out to the match, we just got another chunk of entries in and we will get the "Who' Coming" list on our website updated this weekend

For those who are planning on camping and would like electric and water hookups...we are down the THREE spots not reserved. Plenty of dry camping, but if you would like hookups, I would advise you to call 308-385-5048 to reserve a hookup spot. Two more got reserved today, so we are almost full on hookups. If you are dry camping, we have plenty of room to accommodate you

Thanks to everyone that have signed up already

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not have firm confirmation from the park, but it sounded today as though the last of the hookup spots for camping have been reserved. However, we have tons of dry camping space, and if you need hookups, there are some additional RV parks in the area. Some of them can be found here:

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2018-Nebraska-State-SASS-Championship-Camping-Info.pdf

Got the order put in for the side match awards this evening. The mockups look nice, so hopefully the real thing looks just as good

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to be able to update the "Who's Coming" list next weekend. There was a delay in getting entries out to the park office with the city holidays over Thanksgiving, so if you send them recently, I hope to be able to send out confirmations next weekend assuming there are no mail glitches. 

1 minute ago, T-Bone SASS #36388 said:

I'll take one of those nice clean match pins. Yeah right!!!!!

I hope you earn one. I got some nice award plaques coming too 

I hope to earn one of those nifty pins as well!

But if it's not in the cards, I hope I screw it up on the first stage, rather than wait til the last shot on the second to last stage like I did at the Iron Hero this year!  My one miss for the match cuz I was putting that pistol away before I hit that last target.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of old and new friends. We just finished processing the latest batch of entries, and we are up to 42 shooters. We hope to see more of you join us. The Who's Coming list on the website has been updated:

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2018-nebraska-state-championship-whos-coming/

We now have shooters coming from nine states (ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, IA, CO, ans WY). If your state isn't listed, it should be!

Picked up the side match awards this afternoon and just finished validating them. I hope a lot of you bring some home

IMG_1361 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1363 - Copy.JPG

I anted to get this Bumped Back Up...

This match is at about half full so far!  I imagine it will fill up quickly after the new year, so please don't hesitate.... fill at that entry form and get it sent it!  Ole Stirrup does a nice job putting on a match, you don't wanna miss it.

Also remember I have issued the Classic Cowboy Showdown with this match as well.  I have the buckle I will award to the top Classic... so come on get signed up!  it is going to be some shin-dig!

3 minutes ago, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

Im reallytrying to work this one in!!!! Man what a bunch of cowboys to draw to. Fun!!

Be glad to have you Hud! 

8 hours ago, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

Im reallytrying to work this one in!!!! Man what a bunch of cowboys to draw to. Fun!!

You better make it HUD!  This is the year... I'm calling you out pard. :ph34r: I been practicing....  Yeah ok not so much.:unsure:

8 hours ago, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

I’ll save a spot for your tent by the campers.  It might still be too cold for the ac, so the heater only in the glamper.  You should sleep like a baby in the early April nights in central Nebraska.

We got the first batch of name tags in today for the first group of registered shooters. The local vendor did a great job on them. Planning is ahead of schedule, and I hope we have many more of these to get done for the shooters.

IMG_1372 - Copy.JPG

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

And they look great, Stirrup!

MG

We just finished processing another batch of entries, and the who's coming list has been updated. Thanks to all that have signed up. We are up to 53 registered shooters

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2018-nebraska-state-championship-whos-coming/

After negotiating some with the awards vendor, we have some new news. Rather than the typical awards for 1st-3rd, for those categories with 5 shooters, we will be awarding 1st-4th, and for those with 6 or more shooters, we will be awarding 1st-5th. The Platte Valley Gunslingers hope this makes the match more enjoyable for the shooters, and we hope this means that some who never get called to the podium will get some hardware to take home

3 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Back up to the top.  HOW MANY YOU GOT NOW STIRRUP?

We officially hit 60 shooters so far. Getting into a nice group thus far

Archived