SASS Wire Forum

2018 Nebraska State Championship

StirrupTrouble

Don't forget... In conjunction with this match I issued a Classic Cowboy Showdown for 2018!   You can check out that separate post on the SASS Wire for more info!  So I urge any classics to sign up for the Showdown!  Custom Buckle for top shooter!

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swaggering or staggering?

:blink:

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Swaggering or staggering?

:blink:

Depends on whether we are talking after the shooting is done or during the match :)

3 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Did mine arrive?

It should have. I will know tomorrow when the park opens again

While this match sounds like a lot of fun...it's a little far for me given my match schedule in April 2018. One day!!

I did receive an email about participating as a sponsor of this match.  I'll be in touch - I'll do something! :D

Take care!!

Hugs,

Scarlett

We are slowly and steadily receiving entries. Once the dust settles from the Hero match, I will post the first Who's Coming list on the club website

We are now a little over 20% sold out for the 2018 match. I hope to get the full shooters list from the park later this week so I can put up the first "Who's Coming" list on the club website

A local reloading vendor that will be vending at the state championship contacted me tonight and told me that not only is he vending, but he is going to be putting a discount card into the packets of all registered shooters for the weekend

For those who are coming out to the State Championship, the Platte Valley Gunslingers have some cool news to share. The city and the park gave me their blessing to negotiate with the location I wanted to secure, and we were able to secure the Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer as our banquet location. For those that love history, this is a neat venue, and we hope you enjoy it. This museum is only located a few miles from the park off off Hwy 281 and 34

http://www.stuhrmuseum.org/

3 minutes ago, Tucker McNeely said:

I’m in.  Dad and I will be there.  We already have our camping spots reserved.  I just need to send in the app.   I think I have some more of the KS gang deciding to show up.

Glad to have you, Tucker!  Looking forward to seeing you again

16 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

For those who are coming out to the State Championship, the Platte Valley Gunslingers have some cool news to share. The city and the park gave me their blessing to negotiate with the location I wanted to secure, and we were able to secure the Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer as our banquet location. For those that love history, this is a neat venue, and we hope you enjoy it. This museum is only located a few miles from the park off off Hwy 281 and 34

http://www.stuhrmuseum.org/

Hey Stirrup.. any restrictions for the Banquet?  Like no Spurs? Can guns be worn?

17 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Hey Stirrup.. any restrictions for the Banquet?  Like no Spurs? Can guns be worn?

I will find out for you. 

Who's Coming list is live on the club website. This will be updated from time to time as we get closer to the signup deadline

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2018-nebraska-state-championship-whos-coming/

37 minutes ago, StirrupTrouble said:

Who's Coming list is live on the club website. This will be updated from time to time as we get closer to the signup deadline

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2018-nebraska-state-championship-whos-coming/

That Dantankerous fella you got on your list... He is trouble!  Best keep an eye on him! :ph34r:

Sure hope I can wear my spurs...they've only ever been off my boots twice since I put them on a couple years ago.

Well hot spit!  I finally made a list and it's a good thing!  I'm normally on those 'other' lists that start with the letter S.  :D

16 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

That Dantankerous fella you got on your list... He is trouble!  Best keep an eye on him! :ph34r:

Yeah, he'll be warin' his spurs no matter what some greenhorn instructs him to do at some pretty supper club. 

:lol:

They have some concerns about their floor. I am meeting with them this week to try to talk them into allowing spurs. Stayed tuned. No promises, but I will try

9 hours ago, T-Bone SASS #36388 said:

Ellie and I have the RV headed north. We cant wait.

Awesome! Looking forward to hosting you T-Bone! I hope we can put together a fun match for you

Awesome time I just know it. Trying to hire some new folks at the gun shop right now. It takes a long time to find the right folks you want to represent your company like you would. We will have everyone trained up by mid winter and We can go again. Perfect timing. 

14 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Any classic cowgirls signed up Stirrup?  

No classic cowgirls yet, but with T-Bone, that makes four classic cowboys

We got the clean match pins ordered yesterday...black cowboy hat shaped pins that have etched in white "Nebraska State SASS Championship CLEAN MATCH"

I hope a bunch of you get one

8 minutes ago, StirrupTrouble said:

We got the clean match pins ordered yesterday...black cowboy hat shaped pins that have etched in white "Nebraska State SASS Championship CLEAN MATCH"

I hope a bunch of you get one

Well I am not Shooting Josey Wales this go around..so maybe I stand a chance at one of those! :lol:

Archived