SASS Wire Forum

Just became an Uncle.

Dorado

My Sister-in-Law went in last night for induced labor. As of a few minutes ago she's given birth to a beautiful little girl. I HAVE A NIECE! Her name is Emma Rose. My grandmother's name was Emma. I'm so excited.

I've been studying uncle jokes for the past 9 months. Can't wait to get to use them. First on my to-do list, gluing the back of a toy mouse to her pacifier.

I'm also going to teach her all the bad habits. My parents are going to spoil her rotten. My brother's gonna have his hands full.

oops. I meant to put this in the Saloon. I was too excited. Mods if you can help me with that I'd appreciate it.

I plan on it! I'm gonna try to make her into the girliest girl or the most tom-boy girl ever. There is no in-between. I'll make sure she has lots of personality!

Thanks Pat.

I found out she's 8lb 1oz. and 21 inches. She's a long baby.

I plan on getting her a drum set when she's 3 or 4. That or an oboe. Something to drive my brother and SIL nuts. Then again, he'd probably like it and teach her how to use them.....

9 hours ago, Dorado said:

I plan on getting her a drum set when she's 3 or 4. That or an oboe. Something to drive my brother and SIL nuts. Then again, he'd probably like it and teach her how to use them.....

I babysat my youngest niece when she was that age.  Her preschool was only a half day on Wednesdays, so I picked her up, carried her to lunch (she loved real Mex or Tex-Mex) and dropped her off at home for my sister. 

I dropped her off once and she ran by her Momma with chocolate on her face and an open Pixie Stix in each hand.

I was the Favorite Uncle.  Not the favorite brother.

Rejoice, O Fortunate One, for thy status as Uncle is a delightful state indeed!

When mine own Sarah was yet but a wee child (about a year or not much older) I asked her "Would you like to walk on the ceiling?"

She happily barefooted her way across the textured plaster while I held her about her little waist, and she giggled while I grinned and I don't know which of us had the more fun!

One year later my wife cautioned me, "She's two now and it's been a year, she probably won't remember."

She strutted up to me, held up both arms and declared "Walk onna ceiling!"

We did this as our annual Christmas ritual until she got too long in the body.

Two days ago her Mama sent me her picture.

What she sent was one of those Uncle-be-Shocked moments ... Sarah was going to interview for college ... and the confident young woman standing with one hand on her hip, looking very ready to take on the world, was suddenly grown up and ready to head out on her own ...

My friend, from one uncle to another, you'll find these are times you can enjoy more than you ever realized, and you will give her (and you) memories for a lifetime!

As sent the telegrapher, FB OM!

Walk on the ceiling...That's adorable! I'm gonna remember that.

Archived