SASS Wire Forum

Teddy Roosevelt article in July American Rifleman

J-BAR #18287

The American Rifleman edition for July, the one that was in my mailbox yesterday, has a nice feature on Theodore Roosevelt's accomplishments as a conservationist and hunter. It includes photos of firearms in the NRA Museum at Springfield, Missouri's Bass Pro Shop.  There are sidebar articles on Leonard Wood and Roosevelt's son, Ted.

I've seen the Roosevelt collection in this museum, but this makes me want to go back for another look!  :)

Those who visit this area will enjoy the NRA Museum and the Roosevelt collection, as well as the other displays.  I am told by the museum employees that this museum gets more traffic than the NRA Museum in Virginia!

1 hour ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

That said, I'm reading a biography of TR right now, "Mornings on Horseback." 

I have it and read it, well worth your time. He was a man for all ages and my hero!

Just starting to read "Mornings on Horseback".    Talk about details!  Probably a good source book for any kind of facts about his life.  It was interesting reading about his mother, an elegant southern Belle living in New York during the Civil War.  Talk about being an outsider....

As thick as this book is, it won't be a quick read.

Dr. O. R.

Our local sheriff is a huge Teddy fan.

Archived