SASS Wire Forum

Bosch: Amazon Cop Show

grenadier

Not much of a cop show fan, unless it is Dragnet and Andy Griffith. However, I discovered a show on Amazon that keeps my attention.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3502248/

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the technical details but I find the dialogue, writing and acting to be topnotch. I would like to hear what some of the former or current LE think of it.

Wife and I watch it at times. Some good plots and just remember it's Holllywierd that make things up. As a retired 20+ years homicide detective some of the stuff is very far fetch but entertaining. The other 99% I just shake my head and laugh inside. But dang, it's fun to watch;)

Pat Riot I had to like yours to get you off that 666 number. Not a good one to have :o

Not LE, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the series.

Welliver's depiction of Harry Bosch is spot-on, in my opinion.

Tales are "inspired" by the books, rather than screen depictions of them as written by Connelly. There are also a few character and "back-story" differences, but pretty much necessary - like having Harry a veteran of the Afghan campaign... in the books he'd been a "tunnel rat" in Vietnam.  Which would have made him too old in the TV series.

Looking forward to the next season!  :)

By the way - several years ago I had a conversation with our Sheriff (who is also an author) about the books.  He was a fan.

It's good but It's entertainment. That's all. 

I have a feeling if Police Dramas were realistic they wouldn't be on the air long. What with all the paperwork, testifying, interviewing witnesses, taking and making calls, sitting in meetings or briefings, etc...

Binge watched all three seasons of Bosch after each season was complete.  Eagerly awaiting the new season.  For those of you that haven't read the books by Connelly, in the books Bosch is Mickey Haller's (The Lincoln Lawyer) half brother.  Some of the stories are combinations of two or more of his books and not in the order they were written.  This last season was partially from his first Harry Bosch book.  Do wish that Bosch the series had him as Haller's half brother though since in the books they have a strange relationship and both have daughters that are the same age.  Would give more characters to interact with and more story lines.

Archived