SASS Wire Forum

Nra does bit on sass

Blackey Cole

I get several emails a day from the Nra ones a list of gun related articles it was in the one I received this morning 

I' m going to send the NRA a thank-you for the nice article.  I hope the SASS home office and other shooters will too.

Article is a little out dated, Kiddo Caldwell just won her 13th Maryland State Ladies Championship and 2 Bits Caldwell is now a teenager.

Her father, Cash Caldwell, is SASS number 5505. When 2 Bits was born, I told him it was a good time to get her a SASS life membership.  He told me the only way he would do that was if he could get the badge number that was 50,000 higher than his.

At the time I was a SASS Recruiter, and had 4 life badges at home. When I got home I looked, and one of the badges was 55505. The next day I took him the badge.  He thinks I know people so don't tell him!

19 hours ago, Chuckaroo #13080 Regulator said:

Article is a little out dated, Kiddo Caldwell just won her 13th Maryland State Ladies Championship and 2 Bits Caldwell is now a teenager.

Her father, Cash Caldwell, is SASS number 5505. When 2 Bits was born, I told him it was a good time to get her a SASS life membership.  He told me the only way he would do that was if he could get the badge number that was 50,000 higher than his.

At the time I was a SASS Recruiter, and had 4 life badges at home. When I got home I looked, and one of the badges was 55505. The next day I took him the badge.  He thinks I know people so don't tell him!

I got a nice response from Wendy LaFever, Managing Editor of NRAFamily.  She said they did not think the article got the attention it deserved the first time around, so they ran it again.  Nice to know they are kindly disposed to CAS/SASS.

Yes it is.  They were a bigger sponsor this year at EOT and we hold a monthly cowboy match at the NRA range at their main headquarters in Fairfax, VA.  

If you are ever in the DC area, the NRA National Firearms Museum is awesome and it is free (also at the Fairfax Headquarters). Stop at the museum and then do a cowboy match after dinner on the 1st Tuesday of the month except this July it is on the 11th because of the 4th of July Holiday.  

Archived