SASS Wire Forum

END of TRAIL (EOT) competition update?

I'm sure that all of us are anxiously awaiting the final results of the 2017 EOT Competitions.

Got a few Pards that shoot at our Club (Santa Fe River Stan , Delta Glen & Shelleen) , and I'm interested in seeing how they are progressing.

Not sure how this works, since this is the first year that I have been actively shooting, and interested in EOT.

I just checked in the Event Forums/END of TRAIL and did not see any status updates; however, on the SASS HOME Page, I see where they now have posted a 2017 page with all the various categories listed, a sign that they are preparing to post the results when it ends June 25, 2017.

I wasn't sure if there was another location (website) where preliminary results could be found. Guess I'm used to seeing bracket results for the NBA, and wasn't sure if that type of tracking was either possible, being done already or too labor intensive.

If possible it would probably look something like this:

594d2aafc8fe0_GunfighterBracket2.JPG.e217ed96307d47edae1657fb019e1984.JPG

Nope.  Gotta wait 'til it's over.  You might get some people posting updates on here after side match results are announced at the event.  Patience, grasshopper...  :)

2 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

PS Your example is how a shoot-off elimination is usually presented at the match.

Ms. Allie:

I forgot how the process works, and jumped to the shoot-off elimination.

Guess I was just wanting to know how our cowboys are doing.

I'll just wait along with everyone else. 594d3046d9291_Saddened-Emoji-RESIZED.jpg.616f8a79cbf221ec8921b813264b9e16.jpg

Main match results will show up on Facebook shortly after the winners are announced on Sunday afternoon.  I expect SASS will post results sometime Sunday or Monday.  The Top Gun Shoot-off (held Sunday morning) is conducted using a bracket like FCKGG depicted.  BTW, two pards from Florida including Santa Fe River Stan are range officials this EOT.

6 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Ms. Allie:

I forgot how the process works, and jumped to the shoot-off elimination.

Guess I was just wanting to know how our cowboys are doing.

I'll just wait along with everyone else. 594d3046d9291_Saddened-Emoji-RESIZED.jpg.616f8a79cbf221ec8921b813264b9e16.jpg

No unhappy face needed on my account. I'm always excited to see the results too.

3 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

I'm sure that all of us are anxiously awaiting the final results of the 2017 EOT Competitions.

Got a few Pards that shoot at our Club (Santa Fe River Stan , Delta Glen & Shelleen) , and I'm interested in seeing how they are progressing.

Not sure how this works, since this is the first year that I have been actively shooting, and interested in EOT.

I just checked in the Event Forums/END of TRAIL and did not see any status updates; however, on the SASS HOME Page, I see where they now have posted a 2017 page with all the various categories listed, a sign that they are preparing to post the results when it ends June 25, 2017.

I wasn't sure if there was another location (website) where preliminary results could be found. Guess I'm used to seeing bracket results for the NBA, and wasn't sure if that type of tracking was either possible, being done already or too labor intensive.

If possible it would probably look something like this:

594d2aafc8fe0_GunfighterBracket2.JPG.e217ed96307d47edae1657fb019e1984.JPG

I can fill in the gunfighter bracket for you 

TBD= Rusty Remington !!!

Finishing last so you don't have to = Jim No Horse!!!

good luck Rusty, JNH and all my Texas Pards. 

The Shotgun Side Matches have concluded.  

Wild Bunch Men's: Mica McGuire

Wild Bunch Ladies' :Half-a-Hand Henri

Team 5 Stand: Mica McGuire, Capt. Sam Evans, Last Chance Morales

Cowboy Clays (50 Bird)

Men's: Mica McGuire

Ladies': Half-a-Hand Henri

Young Gun: Nicky Nine Fingers

Team 5 Stand:

Smokless: Mica McGuire, Goatneck Clem, Capt Sam Evans

Black Powder: Tex, Mica McGuire, Half-a-Hand Henri

Young Gun: Nicky Nine FIngers, Just One Shot, Tater the Kid

51 minutes ago, Shotgun Clay said:

Shotgun,

Thanks for the update. Keep the Intel coming. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Shotgun Clay said:

Wild Bunch Men's: Mica McGuire

Wild Bunch Ladies' :Half-a-Hand Henri

Team 5 Stand: Mica McGuire, Capt. Sam Evans, Last Chance Morales

Cowboy Clays (50 Bird)

Men's: Mica McGuire

Ladies': Half-a-Hand Henri

Young Gun: Nicky Nine Fingers

Team 5 Stand:

Smokless: Mica McGuire, Goatneck Clem, Capt Sam Evans

Black Powder: Tex, Mica McGuire, Half-a-Hand Henri

Young Gun: Nicky Nine FIngers, Just One Shot, Tater the Kid

Wow..... Congratulations to Mica:) He does know how to dustem up! You know you've earned it when shooting with Goat Neck Clem, Capt Sam and Chance! 

Half a Hand Henri......... Super cowgirl, Congratulations;)

Mica took the 50 bird event with a score of 49. It was a real pleasure to pull targets for these shooters, finer folks would be hard to find.

I set the course, and these are not all powder puff targets.  Being Cowboy Clays, they can all be broken with a cylinder choke, and the true (simultaneous) pairs give the shooter enough time to work a pump gun between birds.

We used the "Super Sporting" format, which is 3 traps.  You shoot 2 single birds, 3 report pairs (second bird thrown when first is shot at) and 1 true pair.  That way you get no repeated presentations.  10 birds at 5 different stations.  The response from the shooters has been very positive.  I just wish more folks were shooting it. 

Yes your course is top notch every time I've been there. The "Super " format sounds like a blast. 

Micha ONLY hit 49 out of 50 :lol:....... He may need to practice some! Thanks for posting the results.

I did hear this afternoon that some of the expected Top Guns were having a great first 6 stages.

YES, I heard a couple names but I won't mention those on this post.

And I heard that the stage times were pretty fast.

I curious as to who won the Side Match Speed events like SG, pistol, rifle..... and their times.

Anyone know?

..........Widder

Pard's:

Just found that the OVERALL MAIN MATCH WILD BUNCH along with SCORES BY CATEGORY WILD BUNCH have been posted to the 2017 EoT on the Home Page.

Well I'm not winning so you can mark me off the list. So far the stages have been very good. 

Snakebite

6 hours ago, Half-a-Hand Henri said:

Sooooo, Billy the Avenger shot both ladies and men's modern according to the scores?

Thats not surprising...... :o

Billy can compete with everyone..... ;)

..........Widder

57 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Thats not surprising...... :o

Billy can compete with everyone..... ;)

..........Widder

That Boy is a shooter!   LOL

18 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Pard's:

Just found that the OVERALL MAIN MATCH WILD BUNCH along with SCORES BY CATEGORY WILD BUNCH have been posted to the 2017 EoT on the Home Page.

When I click on the Wildbunch scores, the URL is empty.:huh:

They were there both last night and first thing this morning when I looked.

I should have downloaded them. :angry:

A bit off topic, but there was a lot of spectator traffic today.  The Shotgun range is up by the greeter shack, and the amount of cars was impressive.  Public Parking was nearly full from about 11:00 on.  KOAT, one of the big TV stations in town announced on their morning news that EOT was the weekends "Best Bet" for a good time.  A number of folks mentioned that.  Plus the weather finally cooperated and it stayed somewhat cloudy and in the 80's.  A couple of the food trucks ran out of some stuff. 

The awards for the main match will be tomorrow at noon so the results will be released category by category then the over all top ten as I recall. So there are no brackets except for the top gun shoot off but nothing is written down on who shot against who but it's single elimination man on man or woman on woman.

8 hours ago, Grizzly Dave said:

In no particular order.  Top 16

19399285_1731353613604752_65487309685306

Photo lifted from Colt Faro's Facebook page.

This is the initial head to head Top 16 shootoff. Next 8 count bracket will be selected randomly by a program Lassiter has.

It's on SASS Facebook.  I don't know the link stuff.

Not much to see.  Camara at good angle . Probably on top of building 50 yards behind firing line.  Looks like they are holding camera by hand.  Image keeps moving.  They turn from landscape to portrait every so often.  Blurred image.  Could be my slow intranet service.  They have music playing and crowd noise so announcer sounds like burbbb burbbb burbbb. 

Great idea.   Just coming through awful. 

Archived